Is Sideshow not making figures for TFA ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hastyle

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Everything related to TFA seems to be only HT, does this mean Sideshow is done ?? I know their are still figures being released by SS CPO, Jawas, Darth Maul etc... But SS hasn't made any announcements about TFA am I missing something ?? If its all HT from here on that's cool, I just think that competition is healthy.

I don't think I can remember an offering from SSC that competed with an offering from HT at the same time in terms of pre-orders. I would imagine they wouldn't be since HT is in the full court press.

Well there's going to be dozens and dozens of new characters coming out of the new movie, so I'll be surprised if Sideshow doesn't eventually tackle at least some of them. Maybe not the main characters, but others like Snoke or Maz Kanata or Ackbar.

I'd be fine with them doing the alien, droids, vehicles and environments. I think they do a great job with those lines.

Do you guys honestly want sideshow doing 1/6 TFA figures with all the QC issues and poor paint apps on the latest releases?

LOL SS Star Wars is dead whether we realize it or not.

If Sideshow can't be bothered to put all the parts in the box to give us a complete product, then I can't be bothered to buy it. :pfft:

Do you guys honestly want sideshow doing 1/6 TFA figures with all the QC issues and poor paint apps on the latest releases?

I don't think we're going to see HT producing background aliens. They are going to stick to the core characters and trooper variants because that's where the money is. So SS might be the only choice, unless you want Hasbro 12" figures.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I spoke to a couple of Sideshow reps at NYCC and I asked them point blank if Sideshow was going to do any TFA 1:6 figures. They were very evasive and non-comital. They just said "Im not sure..." but at this point, I would think they would know for sure since they need to work on figures probably a year in advance. And if they are "not sure" they're making any figures 2 months before the movie opens, chances are they are probably not. They did seem more positive about making TFA PFs, though. The only thing I neglected to ask was what SW 1:6 figures they will be doing going forward.

I distinctly remember Alex (I think it was her) from Sideshow coming in here several months ago and saying they were definitely doing TFA 1:6. I know there had been a lot of speculation on whether Sideshow would do TFA at all since HT seems to be doing them, and I still believed Sideshow might do some TFA 1:6 based on what Alex had said. Now based on my conversation, it seems pretty clear they won't be.

But who knows? Maybe SS will end up doing some background figures for TFA that HT would never get around to doing...

I have a feeling this is more to do with being limited what can be released by LFL. HT has released basically 2 figures Kylo Ren and a lot of troopers variants.

As far as High end collectibles very few have been released and almost all are trooper related. That's not a coincidence.

That would have to be the worst deal in history. We got all the troopers and main characters, you get some background characters that we don't think are very profitable. :lol

51aqdqM%2BJAL._SX300_.jpg

That would have to be the worst deal in history. We got all the troopers and main characters, you get some background characters that we don't think are very profitable. :lol
That depends on how that deal works for distribution. If they get a much bigger cut it might not be.

Back