Is it too early to pre-order DX Batman from Ebay?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, i'm still anxious i preordered DX joker from goodshipped months ago. I know he'll 99.9 percent come through, but i still feel anxious. No way i'm preordering this if it's not until 2010. I'll just wait for an 'in hand ship now' sale. Which always happen. It's good having them setup like this these days. Even though they are supposed to be 'limited' collectibles. There are still plenty enough, that you can easily get one, without preodering. Like they don't 'sell out' even before they are released, or right on release, as other 'limited' things would/do

I think that all depends of your ebay seller. People buy to the same seller during years.

I wouldnt preorder nothing to someone that I dont Know in ebay. I have my reliable seller

Any ways... buy it where you want but somewhere reliable

How many threads have been created here (and on other message boards) of pre-order horror stories from Ebay/Paypal?

Just don't do it unless you really like gambling your money. Those deals will still exist, if not better, as it approaches the figure's release date.

I wouldn't preorder anything this early from ebay.
The only thing I'd preorder now is a DX Joker from ABC express or one of those guys

Last edited:
Ah ^^^^. I'm ^^^^ed aren't I? I had preordered the DX Joker from eBay from one of my usual sellers studiosunny, but that was back when I thought the DX Joker was coming out in May/June. ^^^^.

no way preorder until its at least 'close' to arriving, too easy for a seller to get banned,forget,or the order slips thru the cracks...

Goodshipped have quite a good deal on it
You'll notice most of the responses are from Americans. They have it good, with numerous places to obtain items when they come out. It's easy for them to say 'never pre-order that far in advance from Ebay', and their advice is sound, but in many countries, like mine and possibly yours, there isn't much choice or options. ABC and Goodshipped are reliable. You shouldn't encounter too many problems, and if you do they'll fix them. I have no problem placing orders with either of them.
I would never pre-order anything from eBay especially something that is that far away from being released. Why should they get your money NOW for something you won't see for 6 months?
The idea is that if you pre-order you get it at the pre-order discount price. After their pre-order quota is full they normally raise the price. It started out that way, but these days it doesn't seem to make too much difference.

I pre-ordered the Joker DX on Ebay from some guy named Tony Cheung, but that was when I thought the DX would be out in only a month or two. I'm starting to get a little worried now...
I have had a couple of problems with figures from this bloke. One was a figure arrived with two sets of the same hands. He said he would send me the correct ones, but never did. The other was a pre-order for the Mark 3 Ironman. When it hadn't shown up a year later I had all sorts of problems getting him to respond to my emails. Eventually he did, but he stalled me for three months saying April, then May, then two weeks time. All this time I had been asking for my money back if he didn't have one in stock to send me. When I finally did get a parcel it was the Mark 2. So it cost me to return it, and I'm still out a Mark 3. Ordered one from ABC, so I'm covered. His English is lousy so communications can be difficult. I'll never order from him again.

I'm not saying he wont come through for you, just that some are better than others. If you haven't gone over the 45 day limit you can start a claim through Paypal, and if you have you may still be able to go through your credit card, if you paid Paypal via your credit card that is.

You'll notice most of the responses are from Americans. They have it good, with numerous places to obtain items when they come out. It's easy for them to say 'never pre-order that far in advance from Ebay', and their advice is sound, but in many countries, like mine and possibly yours, there isn't much choice or options. ABC and Goodshipped are reliable. You shouldn't encounter too many problems, and if you do they'll fix them. I have no problem placing orders with either of them.

The idea is that if you pre-order you get it at the pre-order discount price. After their pre-order quota is full they normally raise the price. It started out that way, but these days it doesn't seem to make too much difference.

I have had a couple of problems with figures from this bloke. One was a figure arrived with two sets of the same hands. He said he would send me the correct ones, but never did. The other was a pre-order for the Mark 3 Ironman. When it hadn't shown up a year later I had all sorts of problems getting him to respond to my emails. Eventually he did, but he stalled me for three months saying April, then May, then two weeks time. All this time I had been asking for my money back if he didn't have one in stock to send me. When I finally did get a parcel it was the Mark 2. So it cost me to return it, and I'm still out a Mark 3. Ordered one from ABC, so I'm covered. His English is lousy so communications can be difficult. I'll never order from him again.

I'm not saying he wont come through for you, just that some are better than others. If you haven't gone over the 45 day limit you can start a claim through Paypal, and if you have you may still be able to go through your credit card, if you paid Paypal via your credit card that is.

ditto here, will never buy from Studio Sunny again!

He is bad and slow in communications

ditto here, will never buy from Studio Sunny again!

He is bad and slow in communications

Studio Sunny is the guy! he delivers to the UK in 5 days and marks as a gift to avoid customs. I got HT John Connor the other week and he messaged me saying to contact him once the new headsculpt was released to sort something out..can't ask more than that

You have to pay them immediately, upon winning the auction. But after 45 days, Paypal will not let you get your money back, no matter what (even if they never send it, three months down the line, when the pre-ordered figure is released). There's no enforcement whatsoever.

I pre-ordered the Joker DX on Ebay from some guy named Tony Cheung, but that was when I thought the DX would be out in only a month or two. I'm starting to get a little worried now...

Don't worry about Tony. I got a great deal from him on the Medicom 24 Jack Bauer figures when they first came. I pre-ordered almost a year in advance of the release date, and he was right there. He answers e-mails if you have a question, and he lets you know if there has been a delay in shipping.

Old Grandpa

Whats the point of POing on ebay, paying a full price of, what, $180USD, having to wait for at least 1/2 a year and have someone hold your money for 1/2 a year. Compare to buying it ready stock when its out next year, and only have to shell out $10-20USD more, but you receive the fig in 4-5 days.

Studio Sunny is the guy! he delivers to the UK in 5 days and marks as a gift to avoid customs. I got HT John Connor the other week and he messaged me saying to contact him once the new headsculpt was released to sort something out..can't ask more than that

how strange, it seems he gives good services to some and bad services to others.

either way, I had bad experience with Studio Sunny, so I won't buy anymore from him!

their are plenty others on ebay that are good, so no big loss

Whats the point of POing on ebay, paying a full price of, what, $180USD, having to wait for at least 1/2 a year and have someone hold your money for 1/2 a year. Compare to buying it ready stock when its out next year, and only have to shell out $10-20USD more, but you receive the fig in 4-5 days.

totally agree.id rather have the money in my bank than them have it in theirs. ive never pre ordered - u dont have to pre order to assure u get what u want - once the figs are released just hit a *buy it now*
by doing that i got my bats before my friend who pre ordered it

Back