Is it time for a new line of Universal Monster statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poll: Is it time for a new line of Universal Monster statues?

• Yes - PF or Comiquette. The more the merrier!

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Yes - Comiquette only. I generally prefer comiquettes over PFs. Not a huge fan of the cloth.

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Yes - Comiquette only. PFs have already been released. Let's offer something new.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Yes - PF only. This time, no wire posable figures.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Yes - PF only. This time, only wire posable figures. I like those more.

• Yes - PF only. Wire posable or not. I'm cool either way.

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • No - I'm happy with what I have. My money is going elsewhere.

• No - It might bring down the values of the PF(s) I have.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • No - Not into the Monsters line at all.

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

risingstar

Super Freak
Reaction score
It feels like it's been a while since we've seen a preview of a new Universal Monsters statue.
Is it time to revisit this magnificent line?

1. Yes - PF or Comiquette. The more the merrier!
2. Yes - Comiquette only. I generally prefer comiquettes over PFs. Not a huge fan of the cloth.
3. Yes - Comiquette only. PFs have already been released. Let's offer something new.
4. Yes - PF only. This time, no wire posable figures.
5. Yes - PF only. This time, only wire posable figures. I like those more.
6. Yes - PF only. Wire posable or not. I'm cool either way.
7. No - I'm happy with what I have. My money is going elsewhere.
8. No - It would bring down the values of the PF(s) I have.
9. No - Not into the Monsters line at all.

Thoughts?

If you guys want more Monster statues, you're going to have to show it. Sheesh. The crickets in here are deafening.

:D

I have bought nearly everything SSC has released of monsters except I quit the busts. They took up too much space, were kind of cumbersome, and their after market value too high for me to keep them.:lol.

My interests would be more on the cheap. Continue the mini bust line with all new sculpts, not just re-releases of the 1/6 figures's heads. I also need more of the diorama. At the very least a Phantom at the organ with Christine, and a CHANEY KHARIS MUMMY WITH HIGH PRIEST. I am tired of Karloff hogging the polystone spotlight:horror. ****sits back, waits for nick's head to explode"****:D:peace

Speaking as someone who arrived later for the show, I'd love to see more non-wire PFs and comiquettes of the Monster line. Sadly, up until recently, I was too busy buying Marvel, DC, and Star Wars products!

After buying the Creature PF, I felt this great urge to get the others. Sadly, I keep missing these eBay deals! The last great deal went to someone looking for a quick buck who then went on to damage one of the statues. Of course, there's nothing wrong with wanting to capitalize on a good deal, however, talk about karma!

:banghead

I agree with this guy :D.

Seconded. The 12" line put Sideshow on the map, and it would be nice if they could throw us a bone by finishing it or revisiting it somehow, with today's quality.

There's still room for:
Ygor (Cap off the 8" line's holdover)
Gwynplaine
John Carradine as Dracula
Claude Rains as the Phantom of the Opera
Either Lon Chaney or Tom Tyler as Kharis
Henry Frankenstein (Even with a generic likeness. Hell, as long as it's a dark-haired guy in a labcoat, I'm good.)
Abbott and Costello (Shipper uniforms)
Boris Karloff as Hjalmar Poelzig

They could even do two-packs as ways of updating classic figures with new characters, including:

Phantom of the Opera: Claude Rains/Chaney (all-new update)
Frankenstein: Henry Frankenstein/The Monster (all-new update)
House of Dracula: John Carradine as Dracula/The Wolf Man (all-new update)
The Mummy's Hand: Kharis/George Zucco as Andoheb

I'd certainly pay about 160 for a set if the quality is good (Of course, the Silver Screen Editions need to make a comeback as well.)
Even though it's a shame it'll probably never happen, these would definitely be a hit with fans, and would probably sell out if limited enough.

Please restart the 1/6 line.

Igor
Henry Frankenstein
Revenge of the Creature
Maleva the Gypsy woman
Claude Rains
Any Karloff
Not sure if it's Universal but I'd take some of the mutants from the original Island of Lost Souls. Hell release this one on DVD already.

Im happy with the PFs I have now.
Only thing I would really be interested in are LSBs.... :monkey1

I wouldn't mind a LSB line, but I have the full size busts, so it would be low priority for me. I would rather they continue the PF line and give us an Ardeth Bey, Masque of the Red Death Phantom, Invisible Man, Metaluna Mutant, Werewolf of London and Hunchback! Also, continue the diorama line with a Frankenstein/Monster, Phantom/Christine, Hunchback on torture wheel, Dracula/Van Helsing, Fritz/Monster, etc.

I really don't know if I'd want a marquette line to start up, but I'd probably buy them of course!

They could also finish the full size bust line with at least the remaining members of the "big six"! Universal has promoted the Monster, Dracula, Mummy, Wolf Man, Bride and Creature since the 1960's and Sideshow gave us four of those! We need the Wolf Man and Bride life size busts at the very minimum!!!

Not the greatest turn out. Perhaps most of those who would buy a PF already have one and are content with their collection as is.

I just realized my vote was goofed. I voted "No - Not into the Monsters line at all." There was no option for "No - Not interested in statues at all." I'm interested in them revisiting the 1:6 line, but have no interest in dios, LSBs or PFs.

The return of 1/6 Scale Universal Monsters from Sideshow ARE A MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Agreed. I'd love to see a series of black & white Universal Monster comiquettes made for instance.

Oh, and speaking of the classics, I still want to see some Hammer Horror PF's or comiquettes or dios, Hammer is woefully under-represented as far as statues and the like go. I mean at least give us a Christopher Lee Dracula, and Peter Cushing as either Van Helsing or Baron von Frankenstein.

Agreed. I'd love to see a series of black & white Universal Monster comiquettes made for instance.

Oh, and speaking of the classics, I still want to see some Hammer Horror PF's or comiquettes or dios, Hammer is woefully under-represented as far as statues and the like go. I mean at least give us a Christopher Lee Dracula, and Peter Cushing as either Van Helsing or Baron von Frankenstein.

Unfortunately, from what Sideshow's said, getting the rights to the Hammer stuff is as easy as curing cancer. So I don't think that'll happen.

Back