Is it possible to put a DX07 head on a muscle body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Day

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know it's a crazy question, but has anyone tried this? I'd like to do it, partly to make a Dagobah Luke but also to try it with a farm boy Luke outfit. Does anyone have any experience of modding muscle bodies? I have a spare farm boy Luke body and I'm tempted to dunk it in boiling water then try and pull the chest off, see if there's a peg underneath and then cut the neck to fit the DX07 head, but equally I'm worried I might destroy it. Would appreciate any advice.

I think you'd be better off removing the neck from the DX07 head and then removing the neck from a muscular body. I do recall one member (whose name is escaping me) that removed the neck from a Bruce Lee body and added the DX07 and it looked good.

But most of the HT muscular bodies (and I haven't checked it with the ANH) just have a rubbery covering for the torso that you can remove by slitting the sides of the chest where there is a seam and pulling it off. Underneath there is a cylindrical joint that is ball jointed on both sides.

I think you'd be better off removing the neck from the DX07 head and then removing the neck from a muscular body. I do recall one member (whose name is escaping me) that removed the neck from a Bruce Lee body and added the DX07 and it looked good.

But most of the HT muscular bodies (and I haven't checked it with the ANH) just have a rubbery covering for the torso that you can remove by slitting the sides of the chest where there is a seam and pulling it off. Underneath there is a cylindrical joint that is ball jointed on both sides.

Thanks for the advice. I would prefer to leave the DX head unaltered as messing that up really would upset me! But it's good to know that the torso isn't glued on or anything. I might try getting it off with boiling water after all and see what's underneath.

If it's like the other muscular bodies it is glued a bit in the front and back of the chest, but it's small area and pulling it apart doesn't do any damage.

I actually had this picture saved from a couple of years ago when I took apart a DX10 body... you can see what the bottom ball that is attached to the body looks like. And to the right side of the body is the plastic chest plate that the rubber part of the body was glued to... but just glued to into the indention in the plate. So very easy to remove.

18acf2fb-3f4d-4011-915b-c7f14c243e3c_zpsagrhiete.jpg

If it's like the other muscular bodies it is glued a bit in the front and back of the chest, but it's small area and pulling it apart doesn't do any damage.

I actually had this picture saved from a couple of years ago when I took apart a DX10 body... you can see what the bottom ball that is attached to the body looks like. And to the right side of the body is the plastic chest plate that the rubber part of the body was glued to... but just glued to into the indention in the plate. So very easy to remove.

18acf2fb-3f4d-4011-915b-c7f14c243e3c_zpsagrhiete.jpg

Thanks for that! :duff

Back