Is it possible for HT figs to have the same serial number? A guy on eBay thinks I've

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm selling BLADE on eBay right now. Ends in 2 days.

Just got a message from some guy in Spain asking me (in Spanish) why the serial number in my pictures is the same as his. I assume he's talking about the number on the outer box. I can't tell if he's trying to troll me or sabotage my auction - I had a few offers that I turned down. He hasn't bid on it.

"hola soy español , y queria decirte qque la figura y la cajas que salen en las fotografias ,son de la figura que yo me compre hace 4meses en valencia se que las fotos son de mi figura por el numero de referencia coincide .como es que tienes esas fotos?un saludo."

IMGP5221_zps99bec681.jpg

IMGP5220_zps7a2e44a9.jpg

Last edited:
Hot Toys figures aren't individually numbered. :slap

If you are concerned about his bid, block his account from bidding on your auctions.

They're product codes, not edition codes. All same items have the same code, like DVDs and CDs.

Guys stop lying to him. His is Clearly one of the counterfits. it's not his fault he was ripped off.
Clearly, you should just sell it to me at a loss :D

This got to be the funniest post I read today, it's particularly amusing that the guy didn't even try to ask in English, do you speak Spanish or use Google translate to figure out?

If someone asked me a question on my English listing in a foreign language I'd block them instantly.

LOL i had to google translate it. it reads this i guess...

"hello I am Spanish, and I wanted to tell qque figure and boxes that appear in the photographs, are figure that I buy 4meses in valence ago that the photos are of my figure by the number of reference matches. as you have those pictures? greeting. "

unless specifically noted, all hot toys figures are open editions. yet even with the exclusive or announced runs that are limited, the edition sizes are never reflected on the outside or inside boxes.

tell the guy this and to buy your figure since you educated him. LOL

That guy is an idiot, Asian toys are mostly serial numbered on the box itself, not really a serial number but like a number of box it is or something, I know in Saint seiya by Bandai the tabs on the box are numbered by country, Indonesia are like I00000173 Hong Kong are like H00000173 and Japan is J00000173, even then a serial number would not be on the cover box or outside the box. Unless it has like a limited edition card with a number on it, it wouldn't matter.

But I speak Spanish and the guy is trying to say that you took his pictures and used it for the auction, he is trying to say that how did you get the pictures of the figure he "bought" four months ago. :1-1:

I am spanish too. The guy wants to know why you have those photos and he asumes those are of his figure because the numbers are the same. He does not know all the boxes get the same number. A guy with too much time and a bit rude for not asking you in english and asuming you have photosof his item. What a moron!! I would answet him about the number in case he reports your item as ilegal or fake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Answer him in English and tell him your figure is the artist proof and specially made for Wesley snipes and you bought it at a charity auction and that your particular figure is so unique that pirates in china have made 1000 copies and his is a fake and worth nothing and he should sell it to you for $1.

I have a few figures. I open threads on this board and find pictures of those same figures. DX Joker, Bam! There're pics in the DX Joker thread. SS Stormtrooper, Bam! More pics of that figure in the Star Wars threads. It goes on and on. Peeps taking pictures of my stuff, WTF?! :mad:

Back