Is it Hobbit-effect or what

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I seeing this wrongly?? :slap

Check out:

https://cgi.ebay.com.sg/LOTR-Sidesh...Fi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item230850f263

How can it ever be so expensive?? I understand that sellers can price it as they deemed fit. I am just curious to listen to other boardmembers opinion on the value of this at the current market value or is it something special about it that I have missed out??

They seem to be expensive with all their LOTR stuff.

I can't see them selling much at those prices.

:duff
Bill

That guy has been listing that at that price for well over a year! Just optimistic I guess...it will never sell for close to that price ! :lol

Yeah, like GG said, that's got nothing to do with the Hobbit, been listed at that price for a very long time.

However, that aside, it's a fantastic statue, one of the best Weta made and while it took me sometime to get it, I'm so glad I did, tho I would never have paid that much for it.

As others have stated, this guys had his auction up and running forever. One sold on Ebay last Sat. for $411 US and this seems to be an accurate price these days. A very nice statue, but I'm holding out for the maquette.

As others have stated, this guys had his auction up and running forever. One sold on Ebay last Sat. for $411 US and this seems to be an accurate price these days. A very nice statue, but I'm holding out for the maquette.

...or the PF. :clap

Great piece but not exactly the best price. I'll wait to pick up Bilbo when he has a piece come out in the maquette line or from a hobbit line.

Great piece but not exactly the best price. I'll wait to pick up Bilbo when he has a piece come out in the maquette line or from a hobbit line.

Yeah, I'm afraid that guy left the world of reality a long time ago...:cuckoo:. The time to unload the SSW Bilbo statue was about a year or so ago when it was fetching prices upwards of $1000. In spite of The Hobbit movie it's value has continued to plummet since the arrival of the maquette line. And no doubt with a maquette and a Weta or SS Hobbit-related Bilbo statue waiting 'in the wings' it's value will drop even further.

Last edited:
Yeah, only a couple of SSW pieces have held that "really" high price tag through the years. Still $400 ain't cheap but that much money would eat up a lot of other pieces I'd want.

Yeah, only a couple of SSW pieces have held that "really" high price tag through the years. Still $400 ain't cheap but that much money would eat up a lot of other pieces I'd want.

Yeah, I owned the SSW Bilbo at one time and it's a very nice statue, but I'd just as soon buy a SS maquette or Weta/SS Hobbit-related Bilbo statue with a couple hundred dollars to spare. :lecture

Yeah, the ability to get 2 pieces for the price of one will keep me away until I can afford to have it too. :lol

....or the PF :lol Though to quote a certain member around here "there are many PF's I'd prefer to see SS do before doing Hobbits......":monkey3 :lol

Who would say something like that? :cuckoo: :lol

Although I think in one of my previous posts somewhere I did say that doesn't include Bilbo, he's a stand alone character. :frodo

Who would say something like that? :cuckoo: :lol

Although I think in one of my previous posts somewhere I did say that doesn't include Bilbo, he's a stand alone character. :frodo

What on earth makes you think I was quoting you?.....:monkey3 :lol

This guy probably has 2, list one high then another under a different account for $500 so someone thinks its a good deal. Who knows, thats a crazy price. But this statue was always at a high point, I can see it going for $500-$1000.

I didn't know that the listing has been over a year. I have not checked ebay for ages until the USD went down quite a bit.

I any case, as far as I know, only an AP Bilbo is worth close to 1K USD when LOTR is very hot), but this is not even an AP.

Isn't it true that you have to pay for listing fees even if the item doesn't sell? especially if you are adding a lot those "special effects"..

Back