Is Hot Toys figures really hand painted?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stunna

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Question: when they say a head sculpt is painted by J.C Hong for example, does this mean that J.C just paints up the proto/promo figure model or does he literally sits in the factory and hand paints however many thousands of head sculpts? This might be a stupid question but its something that just popped in my mind and made me curious, i mean the credits are given to J.C and HT claims that these are genuine hand painted items, can someone please verify or shed some light on this please?

He paints the prototypes and then they have other people that hand paint the others based on that. I would imagine that he goes over each result to make sure they do correctly, which is probably why they do so well because they can make sure the results are always correct. Sideshow stuff is hand-painted as well, but they don't have someone always there to check them which is why sometimes they don't turn out so great.

ahh that makes sense, i didnt think he would actually be the one who paints them, but then its not really 'painted' by j.c hong, more so directed/quality controlled by him aye.

Back