Is Gandalf the Grey a lock for the next 12" figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fritz said:
Food for thought...

In the Buffy/Angel 12" series, there are 4 Buffy's and 4 Angel's. :monkey3

Yes, but this LOTR line is moving slower than any other 12" line -- 1 new figure every 3 months! If they re-release a character in a new outfit then I hope they also release a new figure close behind. I don't want to wait 6 months for a new figure just so I can have an extra Elven cloak.

I would SO kill for a Gandalf the Grey 12" figure. He's my favorite character from the book; I mean, who wouldn't want to get drunk at a party and smoke out with their resident wizard....that's what I thought, NOBODY !!!

CAhobbit said:
Shoe lifts perhaps? :confused:

Kramer2.jpg

carbo-fation said:
I agree! SS should revisit all the characters for LOTR often. However, before they start making the same character again, I'd like to see the ones that they haven't made before.

I'm with ya on that. I do wanna see other characters before we go having two of the same guy in the line.

I agree, we don't need any repititions too soon. The only exception to that would be Galndalf the Gray and Gandalf the White; I think they are distinct enough and important enough to release without too large a pause. I think they could even release them back to back and it would be OK. Still, I wouldn't be too happy if they did that with anybody else.

Captain Aldeggon said:
I agree, we don't need any repititions too soon. The only exception to that would be Galndalf the Gray and Gandalf the White; I think they are distinct enough and important enough to release without too large a pause. I think they could even release them back to back and it would be OK. Still, I wouldn't be too happy if they did that with anybody else.

I agree....that's probably the only repeat I would not mind if it was close together.

One good thing about doing the hair as a seperate piece, they can change the hairstyle for a redone character without having to re-tool the whole head. I wouldn't mind an Elessar with the same Aragorn head but different hair.

Darklord Dave said:
One good thing about doing the hair as a seperate piece, they can change the hairstyle for a redone character without having to re-tool the whole head. I wouldn't mind an Elessar with the same Aragorn head but different hair.

That's actually a pretty good point Dave.... Having an Elessar with the same sculpt and new hair is not a bad idea. And speaking of the King.... I can't wait to see SSC's interpretation of the costume... My favorite in the series and very nice to look at. Having that on the shelf would be awesome.

that makes more sense too. it will be funny if they had 2 aragorns but they look different somewhat from each other .

Elessar would make an awesome 12" and even better PF. Actually, the same goes for Theoden and Eomer. The LOTR lines just have so much potential once SS gets going strong on them.

I rather have a new Aragorn face sculpt. The one for the Strider 12" could use an improvement. As it is Legolas and then Boromir have better likeness to the actors.

The current Strider sculpt would work for a TTT Helm's Deep Aragorn or such but would have to tweaked at least as King Elessar has a full beard not just the scruff.

Entropy Chicken said:
The current Strider sculpt would work for a TTT Helm's Deep Aragorn or such but would have to tweaked at least as King Elessar has a full beard not just the scruff.

True...I did not think of that... Either way... Elessar would rock. I can't wait until they put him out in some form or another. PF or 1:6th....I would have to own him. :D

DarkArtist81 said:
True...I did not think of that... Either way... Elessar would rock. I can't wait until they put him out in some form or another. PF or 1:6th....I would have to own him. :D

PF Elessar would be pretty damn impresive....

Yeah, I'd like one like he was at the end of the battle, as he watched the tower fall.... tears streaming down his face, bloodied and battered.... :chew

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah, I'd like one like he was at the end of the battle, as he watched the tower fall.... tears streaming down his face, bloodied and battered.... :chew

I would definitely poney up for a PF of that scene in the movie....The LOtR have so much potential on the PF area....with the 12" looking this great I cant wait to see a PF character that has a really detailed multipile layer costume...

kingdarkness03 said:
I would definitely poney up for a PF of that scene in the movie....The LOtR have so much potential on the PF area....with the 12" looking this great I cant wait to see a PF character that has a really detailed multipile layer costume...

Yeah, with what they did on Lurtz...I can only imagine how cool one of Elessar, Theoden, or Eomer might look. :monkey5

Back