Is anybody else disappointed with the lack of replica/movie props?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFanatic

Super Freak
Reaction score
More specifically, regarding the Marvel Movies/Avengers franchise. I was watching the Avengers (in great quality) yesterday and all I could think was how great it would be to have good replicas of some of the items in the movie. I would buy an Iron Man helmet, Cap's Shield and Thor's Hammer in a heart beat. As if that wasn't enough, I would love to own Loki's Scepter or Iron Man's gauntlet.

I understand that eFX is claiming that they will make some of those items, but the progress so far and efx track record makes me think they might never see the light of day.

e0c77954.jpg

As for the rest:

BmVks.png

infinity-gauntlet-odins-vault-thor-image-400x600.jpg

iron-man-movie-photo-january-15th.jpg

half-gauntlet.jpg

No one is even attempting to make any of this. This hobby desperately needs a company that can put out items like this.

/rant

It is frustrating that so much time has passed from each of these movies with few prop replicas

The Avengers is only new so fair doos, but Thors helmet should have been released a looong time ago!!

I want that helmet.

If an infinity guantlet was made i would have 2 of them. One for display and one for wearing out at the clubz!

Captain America's shield should have been released by now, especially after The First Avenger movie was released last year. I would buy one in a heartbeat, and, IMO, the shield is the most iconic item from the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Go over to the rpf. There are a lot of those type props in the junkyard.

Go over to the rpf. There are a lot of those type props in the junkyard.

This. I love the RPF for props that companies won't make. Most of my favorite props are from the talented people there. I got a Magneto First Class helmet from someone there that I finished and painted myself, plus I have a Cap movie shield coming (presumably once the summer is over and the humidity is down so the guy can start painting again).

img0921az.jpg

Just use substitutes.

It's just probably almost entirely like having the 'real' thing right in your home/box/shelter.

270f6461-bd59-4e62-a329-44a.jpg

4th_of_july_stars_and_stripes_red_white_and_blue_plate-ra92335864e9b462d92f8540c4f5fa087_ambb0_400.jpg

toddler-soft-hulk-hands.jpg

Bow_And_Arrow_Shooting_arrow_Arrow_toy_Shooting_tools_Bow_toy_Toys_arrow_and_bow_Plastic_bow_for_arrow.jpg

full_504_14711_CrochetedIronManFingerlessGloves_2.jpg

Remember, dese are only for teh elite.

I definitely feel that the collectible companies need to concentrate more of their resources on Avengers....

Back