Is a custom or SS 1/3 scale A3 maquette more desirable these days?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone remember what the dimensions were for the SS A3 maquette shipping box? Just curious to know what it would cost these days to ship that monster, with the ridiculous "dimensional weight" these shippers' now charge.
This is from the ss page. My shipper is on storage sorry
Box Size
26.00" H (660.4mm) x 30.00" W (762mm) x 31.00" L (787.4mm)*

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Anyone remember what the dimensions were for the SS A3 maquette shipping box? Just curious to know what it would cost these days to ship that monster, with the ridiculous "dimensional weight" these shippers' now charge.

You looking to sell one? I got one from another member here and it was pretty much destroyed by UPS(and the guy wouldn't refund me or file a claim for me) and I am not sure it can be fixed.

This is from the ss page. My shipper is on storage sorry
Box Size
26.00" H (660.4mm) x 30.00" W (762mm) x 31.00" L (787.4mm)*

Thanks. The box is actually a little smaller than I originally thought.

You looking to sell one? I got one from another member here and it was pretty much destroyed by UPS(and the guy wouldn't refund me or file a claim for me) and I am not sure it can be fixed.

No,I don't have one to sell. That sucks! Was it shipped in the original shipping boxes when UPS destroyed it?

When possible, I would almost always vote for a well executed custom. Makes your collection much more unique.

Thanks. The box is actually a little smaller than I originally thought.

No,I don't have one to sell. That sucks! Was it shipped in the original shipping boxes when UPS destroyed it?
No, it didn't have it's box, but it was packed by UPS(never a good idea). It was international so UPS would not let me start the claim and the guy wouldn't do it for me and paypal screwed me over not letting me file a claim after I had to open one for him taking so long to ship it. Lost over $1K

When possible, I would almost always vote for a well executed custom. Makes your collection much more unique.

Totally agree! It nice to have something that there isn't a thousand or so out there of,plus custom paint jobs are always better than most assembly line ones.

No, it didn't have it's box, but it was packed by UPS(never a good idea). It was international so UPS would not let me start the claim and the guy wouldn't do it for me and paypal screwed me over not letting me file a claim after I had to open one for him taking so long to ship it. Lost over $1K

I would never trust Paypal or anything with any shipper when it comes to international shipping.I've had paypal screw me over before as well,they have clueless morons/bots running their claims/loss prevention department.

I had a case through paypal and they settled in my behalf when a seller sent me an item with a missing part,then the seller kept sending me threatening emails,telling me he was going to sue me if I didn't send the money back into his account that paypal returned back to me.I sent him all the paypal info that said they sided in my behalf and told him to contact paypal,he refused.I contacted paypal about it and they said he had no right to be harassing me and that he needed to contact them if he needed an explanation.

A few days later Paypal called me and said that they could no longer be a participant in the matter because the seller was threatening to file a lawsuit against them.They advised that if the seller did take legal action against me that they would not stand up for me in court or help in the case in any way. There best advice was to now give him the money back.

I ended up giving the money back,I couldn't chance being sued and having to pay thousands in legal fees over that guys bulls**t!

Paypal is strictly a 'for profit' company, nothing that their resolution center tells you means anything or will even hold up in a court of law.They won't help you period!

How much did you pay this guy for the SS piece?

You can get a quick glimpse of one of the actual BOSS Filming puppets at the beginning of this video, which happens to be part of Peter Jackson's collection.That puppet used to belong to the late John Fasano before it was auctioned off. I believe it sold for $20,000.

Here is a picture of John Fasano with the same puppet on display at an exhibition back in 2006.

10-060512a_297-p.jpg

The custom beesub alien 3 bust is amazing. But due to having to have to paint it I m still wasting for the Sideshow LSB dog bust.

That is pretty nice,but I never really cared for busts myself.

Back