Ironman 3 Spoiler/Figures Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swear, watching this fight scene makes me want a HT Killian and Iron Man Shotgun armor. :pray:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u16CD4101-c"]Iron Man vs Mandarin[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k4bQd97WHI"]Iron Man vs Mandarin[/ame]

funny how the clothes are all intact with all that temp. going on ... just saying (maybe its made up of extremis nano tech too)

While it's a valid argument for reality sake....should all of the Extremis characters be totally naked?

Also, the glow is internal. We have no idea how well they can regulate their external temperature. It's possible the hottest points are all in their hands.

After watching that battle again, it would be a crime for Hot Toys to not make the red and gold Nightclub. I'm not a fan of the Shotgun, but I can admit that it needs to be made, as well. *sigh* I guess time will tell.

Also, the glow is internal. We have no idea how well they can regulate their external temperature. It's possible the hottest points are all in their hands.

:exactly:

Their heads and their hands are at the highest temperature, actually their clothes get damaged, Killian's shirt only lasts a for seconds. Man.. I'm dying for a Killian and Pepper glowing figure :love

Also, I'm pretty sure that the really damaged people are the strongest when they inyect extremis, the healthy ones like Savin aren't that strong

:exactly:

Their heads and their hands are at the highest temperature, actually their clothes get damaged, Killian's shirt only lasts a for seconds. Man.. I'm dying for a Killian and Pepper glowing figure :love

Also, I'm pretty sure that the really damaged people are the strongest when they inyect extremis, the healthy ones like Savin aren't that strong
I'd love to see a glowing Ellen Brandt more than Pepper.
And what do you mean by really damaged people becoming strongest when injected with Extremis? How can you say that Savin wasn't much damaged/disabled pre-Extremis?

It also makes no sense that the gold on the Iron Man armors scrapes off since they're supposed to be made from a "gold-titanium alloy". There's a lot of minor logical inconstancies like that. I guess you could argue that it's coated in that alloy rather than made from it though?

Would people buy a red and gold nightclub or the original dark black/blueish hue?
Depends. Have to see good pics of both. I'm a lil' biased towards the former since the version Tony wears was red & gold.

It also makes no sense that the gold on the Iron Man armors scrapes off since they're supposed to be made from a "gold-titanium alloy". There's a lot of minor logical inconstancies like that. I guess you could argue that it's coated in that alloy rather than made from it though?
It was discussed somewhere that AuTi alloy is durable but brittle. Not the stuff that you'd want to forge a supersonic, combat-able mechanical armor suit out of. But on the fictional side, him being Tony Stark, has somehow managed to get the best of both worlds!

Would people buy a red and gold nightclub or the original dark black/blueish hue?

Hot Toys could make the red and gold one a regular release and the blue one a secret project. :dunno I wouldn't mind the red and gold concept version of Igor, too.

It was discussed somewhere that AuTi alloy is durable but brittle. Not the stuff that you'd want to forge a supersonic, combat-able mechanical armor suit out of. But on the fictional side, him being Tony Stark, has somehow managed to get the best of both worlds!

You're thinking titanium nitride or TiN which contains no gold and is a ceramic (I think) not an alloy. It is often used in coating of titanium and other materials. It is often gold in color which is why it's often referred to as "gold titanium". I think I have also seen in in black and gray finishes but don't quote me on that.

I know about it mostly because it's used on a lot of drill bits and other tools. It's sometimes uses on knife blades as well.

You're thinking titanium nitride or TiN which contains no gold and is a ceramic (I think) not an alloy. It is often used in coating of titanium and other materials. It is often gold in color which is why it's often referred to as "gold titanium". I think I have also seen in in black and gray finishes but don't quote me on that.

I know about it mostly because it's used on a lot of drill bits and other tools. It's sometimes uses on knife blades as well.
Yeah, I've seen TiN coatings on high end tools like drill bits and saw blades. I wasn't talking about it. I'm no expert on the subject and I said just what I read which is that gold-titanium alloy is possible having applications in jewelry, dentistry and ceramic bonding; its a hard but brittle alloy. :)

Do you have any decent reference on that? I can find almost no information on it barring a nearly non-existant wikipedia article that talks more about Iron Man than the alloy itself and a Yahoo questions answer which basically re-states much of the same information.

I'm just curious. I would expect a gold-titanium alloy to be soft and ductile and rathe brittle given the properties of both materials.

edit: there's a lot of misinformation out there about titanium, like this for example:

Well Titanium is harder than steel and can be alloyed with different metals. Gold and Titanium can be alloyed together in various percentage. There is a brittle alloy of Gold and Titanium with 90% Gold and 10% Titanium. This alloy is used in dentistry, as this is really hard alloy of Titanium and Gold.

Titanium is NOT harder than steel, or even stronger than the same size piece of steel (depending on the steel). What it is, is strong for it's weight, about as strong as relatively soft steels but it is much lighter given it's mass. Anyone who has ever had a knife with titanium parts can attest to how easily scratched and marred it is compared to steel. At least that's what I've gleaned from my amateur readings on metallurgy. So that first sentence immediately calls into question the veracity of the rest of the statement as I'm pretty damn certain that is incorrect.

Last edited:
Back