Ironman 3 Spoiler/Figures Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i was a fan of iron man 2 as well, don't know why all the hate, the trailers really ruined the film IMO, they built up this suspenseful character with alot of cool one liners only to never hash out the character, it was a let down but overall it wast still an entertaining film. Reading about all these armors on this form was another way this movie disappointed because they never really showed much of them, that said i left the theater with mixed feelings mostly with the feeling 'i gotta pee' :hi5:

It's not that bad. Certainly better than IM3 :S Yeah, I was expecting a bad-*** Mandarin...sees Trevor and it's like...wtf is this!? :gah: That and a few other things ruined the movie for me...sadly.

I left disappointed and po'd off. Oh, lol...I always gotta do my business when I leave the theatre. So..me too :hi5:

After watching IM3 last night, I feel really good about ordering mkVII and BD mkVII. Those two will be my last IM figures for a long time, until maybe The Avengers II?

Marvel studios is part of Marvel. its their characters that they could change. Fox or Sony changing characters would be equivalent to Marvel studios making a Lord of the Rings movie and changing Gandalf to a dwarf warrior. you see the difference?

:goodpost::goodpost:

They created the whole damn thing, and it's not "news" that they change a lot of stuff, including changing things in their own comics. How many times they had to do time travels and memory erasing to fix **** up? Or the "Secret Story" of some hero, with a whole new introduction? And I think I've never complained like some other people about the movies being made from other studios anyway, just for the fact that I know that sometime those rights are going to get back to Marvel and, again, they will fix **** up. Why bother? Just sit down, relax and enjoy the ride, it's entertainment! :lol

Btw, it's exactly the same case as The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. Both TV series have their creators supervising things, making changes that would fit better for TV. When The Governor was cast and announced, I already knew that I should expect something different from the comics, and that's kinda of what was given to us viewers. What Marvel did wasn't good just because they hyped so much, showing us EXACTLY what to expect from Mandarin, much like its comics counterpart (despite his ethnicity) and they didn't deliver how it was expected. That's it, imo.

I dont want a Mandarin Hot toy... Id rather have Rhodes and/or Potts. I mean come on really?! Your making the Mandarin over Potts...is this another joke?

anyone who buys a figure is HT's target audience

also the way they did mandarin just killed it for me, too much comedy there. but at the end of the day we can point out all the flaws but as usual marvel is laughing straight to the bank.

I meant for this line though...I have no desire to get any of the armors or Mandarin after seeing the movie...this guy is in love with everything they put infront of him...ideal customer and viewer. Not ripping on him either...to each his own..I wish I loved the movie and struggled to convince my wife that I needed all the armors..but its a relief that the film fell way short and I do not have the desire to own them.

I meant for this line though...I have no desire to get any of the armors or Mandarin after seeing the movie...this guy is in love with everything they put infront of him...ideal customer and viewer. Not ripping on him either...to each his own..I wish I loved the movie and struggled to convince my wife that I needed all the armors..but its a relief that the film fell way short and I do not have the desire to own them.

same feeling as alot of other IM collectors- I want Stark, Mk 42 and I'll be happy- unless Pepper comes along

Gosh, I hope so! I hope it keeps up. Iron Man got me into Hot Toys. I am a fan of Iron Man as a character first (and was long before it was cool) and if I had the money I'd snap up every armor just because I love the character and I like the look of them. But as for now I have to pick and choose.

I think what the doom and gloomers on here fail to recognize when they prognosticate failure for the little-seen armors is how much people are into the character full-out. Screen time doesn't matter that much. I mean, people have bought completely made up armor recolors. I didn't, because I had to choose my battles, but if they did that, then I have no doubt they'll pick up these other ones. If HT way over-orders, then it could be an issue.

The only thing holding me back from going nuts with Iron Man is a lack of funds.

I agree with you on not needed alot of screen time..but its what they do in the screen time that matters...and I felt what they did while on screen was underwhelming. Boba Fett was barely in Empire..but he was just so badass...he was mine, and alot of kids favorite bad guy and had very little screen time..but the little he had, he made it work

I agree with you on not needed alot of screen time..but its what they do in the screen time that matters...and I felt what they did while on screen was underwhelming. Boba Fett was barely in Empire..but he was just so badass...he was mine, and alot of kids favorite bad guy and had very little screen time..but the little he had, he made it work

Fett was in ESB far far far far more than most of these armors did in IM3.......and he actually had lines!

Yup! I liked Heartbreaker and Shotgun from their previews, I wanted to see them. Not saying Tony had to wear them for half the movie, but c'mon they could have thrown us a bone and had some more screentime.

This is the same stuff that happened in the ASM thread...only difference is that ASM was really bad.

IRON MAN 3 rules!

Consider the source of who is whining and saying its bad. That says it all. :lol

The main problem I can say about the movie is that Shane Black treated the suits as if they were toys, which is ironic in our case.

He didn't give anyone of them character aside from Mark 42. Yes they are suits that he wears but he had them all thrown around like they're nothing.

I think it is so awesome that HT is going to make a drug laced, alcoholic man whore "actor" from this movie and decided against making someone like a Ra's al Ghul figure. (Neeson or Wantanabe).

It's not like that shared a similar storyline with Batman Begins and the dude playin the dude, oh wait!:rotfl

[ame="https://youtu.be/Wfg1c8dyZYM"]https://youtu.be/Wfg1c8dyZYM[/ame]

Last edited:
The main problem I can say about the movie is that Shane Black treated the suits as if they were toys, which is ironic in our case.

He didn't give anyone of them character aside from Mark 42. Yes they are suits that he wears but he had them all thrown around like they're nothing.
Which I'm fine with, as Stark is the character, not his suits. Something that people seem to forget.

Take Tony Stark away from his suits and he's still a watchable SOB, as opposed to say Batman or even Superman, whose costumed guises are arguably their true forms. Stark could have continued making weapons of mass destruction and banging supermodels and he'd still be interesting.

Back