Ironman 1/6th Custom Display

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigerfeet

Super Freak
Reaction score
So here was the inspiration, apologies I can not remember who posted this pic -

ironman.jpg

First step was to build a basic frame which was done last weekend -

DSC_0062.jpg

For the last few nights been working on the back part.....boy its taken an age ! -

DSC_0075.jpg

I think Grey approves -

DSC_0081.jpg

Its quite hard to work out the design from the few pics I have but I think its coming along.

Will keep this page updated with changes....oh and I am planning on adding some lighting...:banana

feedback and comments are welcome...:D

Bit of a chippie are we:D:D

Very very cool, Love it!!

Like to see you build one for the LM's!!!

awesome work & detail....................better make 2 cuz TheMike would be all over this.......:lol

yeah! very nice!!!..i was gonna do one of this as well..but was lazy..

anyway, the space for Mark I..should be wider abit right? i think Mark I is wider than the rest.

Fantastic job so far! I love the detail. That's a lot of work I see there. I can't wait to see the finished display, especially once it's all lit up.

very awesome execution. great job. kinda surprised you went with balsa wood instead of plasticard/styrene.

OK with the arrival of the MKI had did a bit more work......there is a bit of light leaking through but that is an easy fix.....I still have to add the proper lighting in the columns plus in the panel behind each ironman figure......be gentle :eek:

No flash

DSC_0101.jpg

with flash

DSC_0102.jpg

Ready for action.

DSC_0110.jpg

close up picture.

DSC_0106.jpg

still more to do but getting there.................

YOU ARE INSANE MY FRIEND!!

Wow! My eyes are going buggy just looking at all the detail work, I can't imagine taking that on. A true labor of love I'm sure.

What are you going to use for lighting? Cold cathodes? LEDs?

What are the yellow clear panels??

thanks.....

will probably go for strip LED's for the columns and and spots for the parts behind each figure.....

As for the yellow plastic sheet that is cut from a standard piece of A4 size that would be used for folder dividers, nice and flexible so easy to bend around the column shape.....simple and yet effect.

Back