Statue Iron Studios Wonder Woman 84

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I'm probably gonna pass at $200. if it was $150, I would have done it for sure. Might end up going for a larger scale version if Prime 1 or IS does one. The Queen Studios 1/2 is looking incredible but will probably be outside my price range even for that size.

Beautiful looking piece, but just can't see myself spending that much for something so small.

I?ll reserve judgement until i see WW84. I may really want it despite the price. But I do agree $200 is pricey for a small piece.

I want to see Hot Toys, Kotobukiya and Prime 1?s take on WW84.

Safe to say Cheetah might pair/connect to WW for a battle diorama set?

Perfect size for my small ass display room. Price wise, I don't think that it's too much given the dynamic pose and the pieces that would be a challenge to mold / de-mold. Frankly it's larger than I had expected, The Nun piece I have is 8.5" tall and most of that is the backdrop, so spending a few bucks more and getting a bigger piece works for me

Agreed. Price is kinda high for it's size.

But, then again, I don't collect movie-based statues. So if I have to buy WW in this form, then it be better to get this than a 1/4 scale version with a much higher price.

Perfect size for my small ass display room. Price wise, I don't think that it's too much given the dynamic pose and the pieces that would be a challenge to mold / de-mold. Frankly it's larger than I had expected, The Nun piece I have is 8.5" tall and most of that is the backdrop, so spending a few bucks more and getting a bigger piece works for me

The base and the fact that WW is mid-air is inflating how tall this 1:10 statue is. These pieces would be so much cheaper/smaller without the bases - I got sticker shock when I initially saw how much Iron Studios Thundercats statues were.

The good thing about statues is you can keep them in their dynamic pose.

I?m buying the Hot Toys WW84 version(s) too but I don?t have any confidence in my poor poseability skills to achieve a dynamic pose. Nor would I have confidence in keeping the figure in anything other than a museum pose - in fear of stressing the suit and it deteriorating over time.

Is Iron Studios using a 3D scan of Gal?s face for the statue?

It obviously doesn?t have the paint detail of a Hot Toys has but structurally speaking her face looks relatively accurate to Gal (for such a small scale). Something always seem off with the Hot Toys version(s).

The base and the fact that WW is mid-air is inflating how tall this 1:10 statue is. These pieces would be so much cheaper/smaller without the bases - I got sticker shock when I initially saw how much Iron Studios Thundercats statues were.

The good thing about statues is you can keep them in their dynamic pose.

I?m buying the Hot Toys WW84 version(s) too but I don?t have any confidence in my poor poseability skills to achieve a dynamic pose. Nor would I have confidence in keeping the figure in anything other than a museum pose - in fear of stressing the suit and it deteriorating over time.

for 1/10, the likeness is pretty damn good. esp when you think about the 1/4 Sideshow one that came out a couple years ago. If you want perfect likeness, the Queen Studios pieces are probably the best. That new 1984 1/2 is looking incredible. I have the P1 1/3 JL WW and I am very happy with it. Not perfect but really good and in her classic outfit.

So, when it comes to the price, I looked up what someone like Gentle Giant charges for a really static posed piece, which is $160 for an 8-inch statue. Given that, the price point still seems reasonable for the sculpt and the pose.

So, when it comes to the price, I looked up what someone like Gentle Giant charges for a really static posed piece, which is $160 for an 8-inch statue. Given that, the price point still seems reasonable for the sculpt and the pose.

And though not priced quite as high (at least anymore), many of the Kotobukiya 1/10 scale ArtFX Premier line runs between $140 to $190 nowadays for new preorders.

I would consider buying this but im concerned about the quality of IS 1/10 scale line mainly after my experience with hela and Anakin (which has decent heft). I only have 2 IS 1/10 statues, emperor and Anakin both came out before they were big. The detail on the emperor is amazing but anakin isnt nearly as good. Which leads me to hela, the one i received had a paint defect so i returned it but i was not impressed whatsoever with the weight of it. It felt like plastic, whereas the emperor is heavy polystone. The emperor on throne is no joke, quality is very impressive for the scale, its heavy as **** for such a small little thing. Anakin was disappointing as well, nothing like the emperor in terms of sculpting detail, paint work and or heft but hela felt really cheap, like a plastic toy. The paint was decent outside of the huge smudge on her face but the detail still was nothing close to the emperor. It was better than anakin but he is plain as **** as a character compared to her but she weighed way less.

Is their 1/10 line all lightweight plastic **** or does it very depending on the statue? I don’t want any part of the hela type product but if they are still making **** like the emperor on thrown id be game especially this one. It looks really nice for the scale

I would consider buying this but im concerned about the quality of IS 1/10 scale line mainly after my experience with hela and Anakin (which has decent heft). I only have 2 IS 1/10 statues, emperor and Anakin both came out before they were big. The detail on the emperor is amazing but anakin isnt nearly as good. Which leads me to hela, the one i received had a paint defect so i returned it but i was not impressed whatsoever with the weight of it. It felt like plastic, whereas the emperor is heavy polystone. The emperor on throne is no joke, quality is very impressive for the scale, its heavy as **** for such a small little thing. Anakin was disappointing as well, nothing like the emperor in terms of sculpting detail, paint work and or heft but hela felt really cheap, like a plastic toy. The paint was decent outside of the huge smudge on her face but the detail still was nothing close to the emperor. It was better than anakin but he is plain as **** as a character compared to her but she weighed way less.

Is their 1/10 line all lightweight plastic **** or does it very depending on the statue? I don’t want any part of the hela type product but if they are still making **** like the emperor on thrown id be game especially this one. It looks really nice for the scale

I’ve been buying Iron Studio pieces since they were on black bases, and I’ve always found them to be quite light. Which was understandable given their size. I honestly haven’t really noticed much change in weight in the pieces that are five years old till now.

The bases obviously have gotten bigger as they’ve gone the BDS route, which has made the total weight in the statue probably quadruple from those old pieces, but the figures them selves are about the same. The only ones I’ve found with heft are pieces like Thanos and Hulk.

It's polystone, not plastic. The Nun piece I have is solid and the detail on is pretty amazing for being a basic figure. I've had the Koto pieces, which were pretty nice looking but felt more like a toy than any form of "statue". the IS piece has heft to it, really feels solid.

It's polystone, not plastic. The Nun piece I have is solid and the detail on is pretty amazing for being a basic figure. I've had the Koto pieces, which were pretty nice looking but felt more like a toy than any form of "statue". the IS piece has heft to it, really feels solid.

That’s what I thought too. Just because a piece is light doesn’t automatically mean it’s made out of plastic. It just might mean it’s a small piece and or it’s not a solid cast. I have about 40 or so of these 1/10 scales and other than a few here and there, never felt any were too light. But then again I’m not taking them out and weighing them or anything, or snapping them in two to determine what they’re made of.

And yes, most of the facesculpts and other parts that show skin more often than not, are some sort of PVC (my assumption anyway), but that’s because they can be better used to represent skin than Polystone imo.

Well Iron Studios are still pricing some of their new 1/10 scale pieces below $100, at $99.99.... I just saw their two pieces from their new Harry Potter line.

But they’re not from their BDS line of course.

Though if I’m remembering right their first two pieces (Nebula & Ronin) in the Endgame line were both priced at $89.99! And a lot of the line is priced between $99.99 to $119.99......

I have one of their early releases with BVS Batman and it's hefty for its size and the detail is really good. A couple of years later the Justice League Batman on gargoyle was released and upon opening the box Batman's body was so thin and small compared to the bvs and is very lightweight which really disappointed me. The weight went to the gargoyle base.

SDCC-2016-Iron-Studios-027.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

I agree, the JL piece on Gargoyle is definitely undersized. I’ve essentially stuffed him in a cabinet behind another Batman statue.

She is $360 on poptultcha with early bird pricing.

Yup I saw. Took them a couple of weeks to put it up on their website (delays being the norm nowadays even before the current situation). Ikon’s the distributor had it listed on the 13th of March.

And like with everything else I’ll be stacking discounts when preordering so I’ll get it for $324 AUD shipped. Just last year that may have been the price before the discounts (but then again we didn’t always get the preorder discount back then on 1/10 scale Iron Studio pieces)..... damn weak Aussie dollar.

Back