Iron Studios BDS 1/10 Scale - Ant-Man and the Wasp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a spare Wasp sitting in my POL at BBTS, I do not need two. If someone missed this let me know and I can coordinate a cancelation/buy with you.

Finally got both of these in from BBTS.

I was going to set them up briefly to evaluate them and then box them back up and put 'em in storage for a while, but I just couldn't. They are just too much fun to look at.

Personally, I LOVE the scaling effect on Ant-man.

Wasp is OK, but while I can get used to contorted pose (I wonder if balance and weight distribution are the reason?), I'm a little disappointed in the paint. The blue on her outfit reads more like black, and the red piping is so thin that it barely registers at all. The unmasked portrait, OTOH, looks amazing- especially for the scale. I think it's a much stronger likeness of Lily than what I'm seeing with the HT figure- at least going by the solicit photos, which may or may not be improved in the actual production pieces.

I also think Rudd's likeness is pretty spot on. No complaints. Especially since I'll probably never display it like that anyway.

As cool and as economical as these were, I'm surprised there is hardly any buzz about them.

Finally got both of these in from BBTS.

I was going to set them up briefly to evaluate them and then box them back up and put 'em in storage for a while, but I just couldn't. They are just too much fun to look at.

Personally, I LOVE the scaling effect on Ant-man.

Wasp is OK, but while I can get used to contorted pose (I wonder if balance and weight distribution are the reason?), I'm a little disappointed in the paint. The blue on her outfit reads more like black, and the red piping is so thin that it barely registers at all. The unmasked portrait, OTOH, looks amazing- especially for the scale. I think it's a much stronger likeness of Lily than what I'm seeing with the HT figure- at least going by the solicit photos, which may or may not be improved in the actual production pieces.

I also think Rudd's likeness is pretty spot on. No complaints. Especially since I'll probably never display it like that anyway.

As cool and as economical as these were, I'm surprised there is hardly any buzz about them.

They’re 1/10 scale. Most of those on the forum won’t even click on the thread, let alone purchase these as we have.

I agree my first purchase was Pennywise and I was impressed with the quality. Next I ordered the Hulk, and boy am I glad I did, it is such an awesome piece. I now consider myself hooked on these. They are perfect for the person who wants quality but is limited on space. Wonderful little statues.

They’re 1/10 scale. Most of those on the forum won’t even click on the thread, let alone purchase these as we have.

Yeah, I guess I should have realized that was the case, since I've been just as dismissive of these smaller scales myself.
These two characters though, are perfect for smaller scale representation. There would even be no problem displaying them around other 1/4 or larger pieces.

As Darth and Toycrypt say, seeing the quality once you have them in hand, I could easily envision picking more up in the future. I'm already kicking myself now for missing their 1/10 hawkman.

I recently got in several of Icons Teen Titans. I really love the Starfire, which is a pretty spot on realization of George Perez's style. But the QC and paint apps on all of them are sloppier than many will be able to tolerate. The bases also have a needlessly large footprint, and are designed in a way that frustrates grouping displays rather than encouraging them. I ended up paying more for Ant-man & Wasp than for three of the TT's, but the quality and design are their to warrant it.

That said, I did have a hell of a time getting the Wasp wings in, and I still don't feel like they are fully locked in.
Even worse, Ant-man initially wouldn't sit flush. There is a steel post extending from the clear resin peg. The post went in, but I was getting resistance trying to seat the peg. In trying to give it a firm push, I ended up snapping off the little figures leg and the first clear foot attached to it. :(

While it was fortunately a clean break, I ended up exacerbating the problem by using the wrong glue at first which then left a slight residue. Basic superglue was the correct answer. Then I was able to use some Tamiya paint markers to mask the seam.
I Wasn't able to get the clear foot orientated quite perfectly in line with the rest while the glue set, but it's more something I'll always be aware of rather than being visually obvious. The tip of the foot is angled out a fraction of a mm.

It sucks that it's no longer "perfect" in my mind, but that's another point in favor of smaller, less expensive pieces.

BTW, for anyone that experiences the same with the peg not seeming to go in, that whole figure assembly needed to be tilted back slightly after the peg find the hole. I think that was by design to better lock it in, since the greater weight of the figure overhangs the base about six inches.
In one of the reviews on yt, that was loose on theirs. Once mine was fully seated, it's locked. No wiggle at all and the base seems heavy enough that there are no worries about tipping over.

From Iron Studio’s Email:

Hello Collectors,

We have important news to share with you. We have been getting hundreds of requests every week asking about Ant-Man and Wasp. This was an ultimate success and we weren't planning on releasing it again, but, after Evangeline Lilly (the actress that plays Wasp) posted our Iron Studios' Wasp BDS Art Scale 1/10 - Ant Man & Wasp on her Instagram account, people went crazy.

7AA01F25-5108-4FFC-BA1D-7F2B34B48F90.jpg

So, for the first time ever, we decided to re-open Ant-Man and Wasp for pre-order.

You only have 15 days! After that, you won't be able to buy it again.

Our Estimated Delivery Date will be Around December 2019/January 2020.

We hope you can make it this time :)

Good luck

Back