Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally switched up my display of this piece and am using the "Rule the galaxy as Father and Son" and "close fist" switch outs.

I have fallen even harder in love with this statue..

It is the only 10 out of 10 statue in my collection.

So happy I got this.

I love the pose with the saber, but without it being behind glass, the threat of breaking the blade is too great. I currently have mine with the "Rule the galaxy as father & son" pose. But I'll swap the palm up arm, with the grasping hand down pose too. I love that one as well.
In any event, I wholeheartedly agree with you. This is THE be all end all Vader statue to own. It's simply spectacular, & I'm thrilled to have it in my collection.

wyxnY.jpg

Every time I see this photo, it reminds me of this photo of Al Gore :duh

IMG_0995.JPG

Besides this, is there really a wrong way to hold a lightsaber? :dunno

The saber blade and top of the handle can be rotated in the hands of IS Vader. You can look at my pics and see how it should look when accurately displayed in concordance with the activation box. Seems it is not the only statue having the handle held with the activation box inwards, the old Kotobukiya ESB Vader has it the same.

Iron_Studios_Darth_Vader_Legacy_statue_25.jpg

IMG_8278.jpg

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, some people here had to turn it a different direction so the lightsaber blade wouldn't appear to be bent.

If I remember correctly, some people here had to turn it a different direction so the lightsaber blade wouldn't appear to be bent.

That happened too. I can rotate mine easily and still looks straight, but there were some with bent metal rod connector. I like how Gentle Gian chrome Vader statue comes with 2 light-up sabers in the box, if one fails you have a second.

That happened too. I can rotate mine easily and still looks straight, but there were some with bent metal rod connector. I like how Gentle Gian chrome Vader statue comes with 2 light-up sabers in the box, if one fails you have a second.

Ah, Gentle Giant. Back when they made cool ****! :rock

I sold that GG Vader statue, kept only the regular colors one, but I appreciate how they did the saber on the chrome Vader version. It even turned on and off gradually like a saber from the movies.

GG_statue_Darth_Vader_ROTS_Chrome_12.jpg

been trying to find a board to reduce voltage to tie the chest box and belt with the base, anyone fine one?

they have a lot of things that's for sure. https://www.pololu.com/product/2841 looks like something that may work but I'm not a 100 percent. It's been a long time since I have done this.

After looking at this more, it looks to match the needed step down voltage.

Can anyone else chime in on this - we can't be the only two looking to make this Vader light up using this method?

After looking into the rewire a bit more, I’m going for it. Couple of things won’t get here until the first part of March, but I’ve got some other things all ready. Last step is finding a harness or seeing how hard it is to build my own.

So I finally switched up my display of this piece and am using the "Rule the galaxy as Father and Son" and "close fist" switch outs.

I have fallen even harder in love with this statue..

It is the only 10 out of 10 statue in my collection.

So happy I got this.

That's awesome dude, glad that you are so happy with it.
(It is the best Vader 1/4 that I have ever seen).

Detolfs are ridiculous.

I’m sorry too. I just couldn’t put anything in one of those, especially a statue of this magnitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely agree, I had a few then was like this thing looks cheap then got these amazing costco display case. I have three of those and then I got these museum quality display cases on craigslist for 400 each and they are a couple grand each so I got a great deal and the glass can hold over 300 plus lbs so my condo now looks amazing with all my statues and this vader. I don't like detolfs or bestas they just look cheap imho. But to each their own, you see you spend this money on these amazing pieces they need to be treated like that and where they stay needs be be even more valuable and sturdy.

I absolutely agree, I had a few then was like this thing looks cheap then got these amazing costco display case. I have three of those and then I got these museum quality display cases on craigslist for 400 each and they are a couple grand each so I got a great deal and the glass can hold over 300 plus lbs so my condo now looks amazing with all my statues and this vader. I don't like detolfs or bestas they just look cheap imho. But to each their own, you see you spend this money on these amazing pieces they need to be treated like that and where they stay needs be be even more valuable and sturdy.

That's awesome, would you mind posting a picture of your display cases. I'm also trying to look for some but I don't even know what to look for as I've been only using bestas forever.

Yeah don’t have my stuff locked away in glass or anything, but I have built my self a nice display center for them. And yes, I too believe that if you’re into collecting these high end items you should also stop buying so many pieces before investing in a nice way to display them also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure man I will post some pics for you! Hope you like it, never mind the joker with out the head he is getting painted at the moment lol. But this is my collection. The big cases are my favorite and they lock. Actually all the cases lock and are very beautiful. The smaller ones I got at costco I love them. The big ones on craigslist! I will be getting one more costco display next year. They only have them at costco January-March. But I have no more room in my pad after a few more pieces I may end it all. But If I see something I like I will buy and maybe sell some double statues I have like the iron Vader, it looks so bad ass I got two. I feel blessed to have these, but I am not a fan of ss and their stuff anymore. Every now and then they make a good statue but these days it is few and far between. Anyways, hope these help. I am actually still selling a besta from the past but no one wants to buy it so I might just trash it. Anyways, all the best, peace!!!
IMG_4488[1].jpg
IMG_4489[1].jpg
IMG_4490[1].jpg
IMG_4491[1].jpg
IMG_4492[1].jpg
IMG_4493[1].jpg
IMG_4494[1].jpg
IMG_4495[1].jpg
IMG_4496[1].jpg
IMG_4502[1].jpg
IMG_4501[1].jpg
IMG_4503[1].jpg