Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really sad to hear how bad the batteries die in this thing. I'm leaning towards doing the re-wire but need to wait to hear back from SS regarding my replacement parts. I'm really miffed at why they couldn't have wired the belt and chest box like the saber was so the base would be where the power was coming from. that way one only would need to get a dc to ac adaptor.

Mine arrived yesterday! Wow, what a masterpiece! Definitely the best vader statue! The belt doesn‘t light up.. i hope this will be fixed with new batteries. I will never turn the light up features on again but i need to know they are working.
Great statue! :)

finally mine has shipped..! is it include all battery?!

Batteries are included but they are junk. I recommend a battery eliminator for the base, or at least good rechargeable batteries, such as Eneloops, that won't leak over time. The chest box and belt boxes are so impractical to turn on/off that it's really not worth having the batteries in, in my opinion. You literally have to partially disassemble the statue each time to turn them on/off and risk damaging something. This is the one major flaw to what is otherwise a sensational piece. IS should have integrated all of the electronics so that they could all be powered by the base and turned on together with one switch. Their clear attention to detail regarding every other facet of this statue makes it all that much more dumbfounding that they settled for such a clumsy solution for the light up features.

So has anybody had a waitlist convert on one of these yet? I got in fairly quick, but nothing so far. And no graph to show how likely it is either..

realized I posted this in the wrong thead, so I moved it here where it belongs.....

Has anyone been told that SS wouldn't replace their unlit lightsaber? Mine is clearly bent

20180102_112330.jpg

Also getting some pushback on the lit saber when the connector is bent, am being told I'm SOL, anyone have any ideas? Maybe call them or ask for another person?

FROM SS:

"After reviewing your photos, it does not appear that we would be able to provide you with a replacement lightsaber blade or hilt that would be significantly different. However, I would be happy to offer you a $15 Sideshow credit as compensation for the inconvenience. This credit is free and clear of restrictions, and would be applied to your next shipping order.

Thank you.
David Yim
Sideshow Returns Team"

Attachments

• 20180102_112213.jpg
    20180102_112213.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
So has anybody had a waitlist convert on one of these yet? I got in fairly quick, but nothing so far. And no graph to show how likely it is either..

Mine hasn't converted either. I note some people's wait listed orders have been cancelled by SS. Wondering if I should just cancel mine and put the funds towards something else.

Mine hasn't converted either. I note some people's wait listed orders have been cancelled by SS. Wondering if I should just cancel mine and put the funds towards something else.
If you're still interested, don't cancel. Wait until Sideshow officially takes you off the list.

Odd question but when your lightsaber is lit up and you put your ear to eat...do you hear a very mild buzzing sound? Is that just normal for LEDs? This is my first proper LED lighsaber piece so I just want to make sure that it's not an underlying issue that's just waiting to set my house on fire......:slap

Odd question but when your lightsaber is lit up and you put your ear to eat...do you hear a very mild buzzing sound? Is that just normal for LEDs? This is my first proper LED lighsaber piece so I just want to make sure that it's not an underlying issue that's just waiting to set my house on fire......:slap

Mine did a mild buzzing sound too but i rotated the saber a little bit and now there is no buzzing sound. I have a few led sabers but no one make sounds.

Mine did a mild buzzing sound too but i rotated the saber a little bit and now there is no buzzing sound. I have a few led sabers but no one make sounds.

Okay thanks. Seems like it's gone now that I kept it on for a bit.

I wouldn't recommend doing that.

This guy did it with his IS Vader, now look at him...

4246522010.jpg

LEDs can buzz too, but these aren't LEDs, they are fluorescents.

Back