Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My waitlist is still pending. I'm not holding out any hope on conversation though. Bought one on ebay just in case:)
Smart move
a1810a77111dec83a5dbb02c1eb23988.jpg
edc4c4105350460a82407ba80aaa7c30.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You are comparing two different helmets for starters. ESB had rounder eyes than ANH.

The eyes are the same from anh thru Jedi

It's the placement and position of the dome that gives the appearance of the eyes being rounder �� or �� Narrower

Plus the gunmetal is more obvious on the esb and ROJ versions on his eyelids so it gives him that menacing snubby look that goes well with his sarcasm

As much as I love my IS Vader,
The mythos (FACEPLATE) is more accurately sculpted and looks more like the prop

The eyes themselves are too round plus the dome is shaped oddly but more correct than most The gunmetal lines are off and the subtleties of the faceplates facets are lost in the edges and transitions

The bridge of the nose appears to be too wide partly because of the paint apps But it truly hits the right notes in the color at a glance and looks perfect at a glance or from a rather close distance it's upon close inspection where the mask looks more like the kotobukiya art fix sculpt A sculpt they've replicated in1/10 I believe

[emoji23]🤣 Everybody should know dat! Different helmets were used in each film.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Faceplates only intentional differences include larger chin vent for vision and paint job but the shape of the eyes are the same barring the domes placement and position being higher exposing eyelids and thus slightly more rearward casting less shadow over lids Not to mention loss of the widows peak

Vader eyes only appear to be larger and rounder due to the visible eyelids and recession of the dome

But it's essentially The same with the main differences being more superficial than sculptural

I also have this statue and the Mythos and the IS statue is the best Vader statue I've seen.

I agree that the overall effect goes to IS even if technically mythos had s more accurate sculpt of the helmet because it is undone by its colors and lack of attitude since Vader is a leader who goes into battle with his men and that's a major part of his character and his awesomeness

I disagree, the eyes are rounder because they cleaned up the sculpts in later films, so they are wider around the lenses. But all I can say is that IS nailed the sculpt, if you disagree that's fine. To me there is something off about the Mythos Dome and how it sits. Neither are pefect, to my eye IS has the best Vader sculpt so far. Enjoy what you like, they both are amazing.

I disagree, the eyes are rounder because they cleaned up the sculpts in later films, so they are wider around the lenses. But all I can say is that IS nailed the sculpt, if you disagree that's fine. To me there is something off about the Mythos Dome and how it sits. Neither are pefect, to my eye IS has the best Vader sculpt so far. Enjoy what you like, they both are amazing.

The mythos dome does not sit properly
It sits high and tilted forward
I'm saying the sculpt of the face is technically more accurate

the mythos dome by itself is slightly better in my opinion but it's not installed at the right angle

Ok I'll accept cleanup since the beveled edge on the eyelid seems to have softened
But check this for fun
https://thepropden.aokforums.com/print-view-vt3553.html?start=0&view=print

I've tested it with my own helmets in the past the old dp deluxe should theoretically have thinner edges and is very slightly smaller with even larger distortion in the eyessince it's like third gen or fourth but I can replicate the look of anh and the reverse with the efx to look like esb

Vader is very hard to nail and I do love the IS statue and I even agree it's possibly the best statue of Vader to date in terms of the overall look and presentation
And
If a Vader facial sculpt can fool me into thinking it's either a prop or possibly has some kind of provenance like a scan from a prop, or expertly sculpted then I consider it nailed. But if I can look at a sculpt of Vader s face and know exactly where it's from it doesn't pass the nailed test Now that said, almost everything in my Vader collection has its own character but I love all of those sculpts because I enjoy Vader stuff

Agreed, I love iron studios Vader, mythos was okay but I sold it and the original anh from ss. This is by far the best Vader I have ever scene!!!

Quick question: I tried the statue when it arrived 50 days ago, and everything was fine appart from the bent lightsaber, which I got a replacement for. I tried it too when it arrived and worked fine. Anyway, now today I tried to light up everything, and only the spot works. Both the belt and chest plate doesn't work, nor the lightsaber (I tried the bent one and the new one too to see what was the problem. So does anyone know what could be wrong ? If the spot works fine, the lightsaber should work, right ? Since it's the same battery. As for chest plate and belt I guess I'll just have to change their battery even though I didn't used them much..

EDIT: well of course while I took the time to write this post, the lightsaber finally went on. I guess I just have to give it time ^^ I guess that's fixed and I only have the batteries for the chest and belt to change now :) On that note, I wish you all a mery christmas :wave

Quick question: I tried the statue when it arrived 50 days ago, and everything was fine appart from the bent lightsaber, which I got a replacement for. I tried it too when it arrived and worked fine. Anyway, now today I tried to light up everything, and only the spot works. Both the belt and chest plate doesn't work, nor the lightsaber (I tried the bent one and the new one too to see what was the problem. So does anyone know what could be wrong ? If the spot works fine, the lightsaber should work, right ? Since it's the same battery. As for chest plate and belt I guess I'll just have to change their battery even though I didn't used them much..

EDIT: well of course while I took the time to write this post, the lightsaber finally went on. I guess I just have to give it time ^^ I guess that's fixed and I only have the batteries for the chest and belt to change now :) On that note, I wish you all a mery christmas :wave

Glad it worked out for you. I also noticed the last time I fired mine up that the lightsaber took several seconds to light up. <Sigh of relief> :)

Well hopefully the lights last for a few years, as I think most people only turn on the lights once in a while and I remove the batteries after a few months.

Glad it worked out for you. I also noticed the last time I fired mine up that the lightsaber took several seconds to light up. <Sigh of relief> :)

On mine, it also takes a few seconds for the lightsaber to light up. It's almost as if it's warming up. This only happens when I keep it off for a long time.

I was able to lift my Vader up and have my wife look underneath to view the
es #

66/1000

I have three 6s in my Birthday. Coincidence?

I think not? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine will hopefully be delivered this week. I‘am so excited about this one. I‘am not sure how to display it but i think it will be the right fist/left palm combo🙄😍🍻

Mine will hopefully be delivered this week. I‘am so excited about this one. I‘am not sure how to display it but i think it will be the right fist/left palm combo&#55357;&#56900;&#55357;&#56845;&#55356;&#57211;

That's a good look.
You're right to be excited about this one.
Looking forward to your thoughts once you have him set up.

Back