Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its the hasbro black series right? how is the quality? I thought about getting it to go with my kylo? do you like them displayed together?

Thanks!

Could use a little feedback on whether I'm being too picky or if I'm justified in bringing this up to sideshow?

On the dome above his right eye there's a slight scratch on the border of the dome. Everything else from what I can tell is fine the saber isn't bent, there's no brakes, the arms fit tightly.

Now it's not bothering me too much but I'm just wondering if this is something Sideshow would address or not.

fdff31dad7f06d735a55a982f6b7903a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just got an email from Sideshow that they are ordering me a new helmet. Great support! I just don't know if I have it in me to destroy this one! lol

Update on my post from earlier. I found the belt hidden inside the large cape lol. Speaking of the cape...I had no idea it would be so hard to pose. They should have gone with a different material or sculpted. For example, the cape from the HT Rogue One Vader was really nice. Also, if anyone has a solution for a display cabinet please let me know! Wish he fit in a besta.

vader2.jpgvader3.jpgvader1.jpg

Update on my post from earlier. I found the belt hidden inside the large cape lol. Speaking of the cape...I had no idea it would be so hard to pose. They should have gone with a different material or sculpted. For example, the cape from the HT Rogue One Vader was really nice. Also, if anyone has a solution for a display cabinet please let me know! Wish he fit in a besta.

View attachment 377778View attachment 377779View attachment 377780

Yeah...I spent all of 15 minutes on my cape and pretty happy with it and afraid to touch it.....I would love a sculpted cape also but man, the thing would weigh 60lbs!!! I put mine on top of a Besta...couple posts up for pics.

I actually like the cape on this much better than my Hot Toys Vader. It's so pose-able and doesn't snag on anything. Hot Toys cape just lays flat and I swear it catches on any bit of dry skin on my hand, I wear gloves now. :D My wife actually did the cape on mine lol But I really like it, it's just massive.

(R1 Hot Toys Vader I should say, I wish it had the wire like my previous ANH Hot Toys Vader) With all that being said I still love my Hot Toys vader don't get me wrong. it just seems so....small now

Personally I think a sculpted cape would look bad on this figure, the fabric looks amazing against the light.

View attachment 377778View attachment 377779View attachment 377780

It was hiding within the cape. Now that's a big cape! LOL!
Glad you found it and don't have to deal with the hassle of getting them to ship one.
Congrats!

its the hasbro black series right? how is the quality? I thought about getting it to go with my kylo? do you like them displayed together?

Yes. I like it a lot but I’m not a ‘movie accurate’ kind of guy. If it looks 80% as 1/8 cost. I love it!!!!! My room is 85% OT Stormtrooper and my Stormtrooper helmet is also Hasbro black.

Great photos guys.. Congrats to all on getting this great piece.. This will probably achieve grail status.

It’s already sought after now. People are freaking trying to get one.

I can only imagine it’s status a year from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s already sought after now. People are freaking trying to get one.

I can only imagine it’s status a year from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given the epic failure of the XM Vader trio, I bet this will probably be north of $1000 next year.

Anyone tried getting replacement arms via SSC? All my arms have white fingerprints on them, as does the helmet. :( I've asked for a replacement about a week ago, but they still have to let me know if it'll be possible or not... Seriously sucks.

EDIT: Seen several members get a replacement for the saber arm (confirmed) with a claim that was made only around the 14th, while I made a claim on the 10th... WTH SSC :/

Anyone tried getting replacement arms via SSC? All my arms have white fingerprints on them, as does the helmet. :( I've asked for a replacement about a week ago, but they still have to let me know if it'll be possible or not... Seriously sucks.

EDIT: Seen several members get a replacement for the saber arm (confirmed) with a claim that was made only around the 14th, while I made a claim on the 10th... WTH SSC :/
Email them again. I emailed about a small scratch on my figures helmet on Thursday and had a replacement order in progress Friday.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mailed them 3 times now. Filed a claim on the tenth and followed up on the claim the 14th and the 16th. This is their last email in response;
ssc.JPG

Back