Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind batteries because my setup makes it difficult to run a power cord through my display case. But for these prices they should include both battery and AC adapters. SS did it with the new WM Maq so it can be done :)

I agree completely

I agree about some points of where to turn things on can be annoying but I rather not have cords hanging out of my statues. I don't mind having an option to do it but I think making statues like lamps is a mistake. I really don't understand why they didn't make the base power the entire statue instead of the little batteries in the chest box and belt.

I was thinking the same thing. I have seen sideshow do this for their legendary Iron Man statues too, and I kept thinking I should have the option to use batteries or plugin, but for $2k plus statue you have to turn on each hands sereatly, the arc reactor, and the face with diffeeent switches and batteries. I just don’t see how that makes sense.

This one has the batteries in the base and belt, as you pointed out, and that is just silly. I guess I am just partial to plug ins. I can hide the cords, but I hate the idea of having to turn on each statue seperstly, and also needing to dismantle the pieces in order to get to the batteries. I like having the entire display cabinet and all the pieces on one switch and to turns them all on easily if I want to use the figures interior lights.

Last edited:
K4EY5R2.jpg

Hey guys I'm the dude who broke an arm 10 mins into owner ship and a missing a lightsaber and hilt.

Just got word from sideshow they are getting a small batch of replacement arms lightsabers etc from Ironstudios in 3 weeks and I will get my replacements (even the arm which was completely my fault). If you need a replacement let them know quickly before they run out of parts!

This is still showing waitlist on the Sideshow site. I thought it would say sold out by now. Is this a good sign that this will convert? I jumped on the waitlist last Saturday so I'm still remaining hopeful.

This is still showing waitlist on the Sideshow site. I thought it would say sold out by now. Is this a good sign that this will convert? I jumped on the waitlist last Saturday so I'm still remaining hopeful.

Yeah I jumped on the waitlist last Monday. Hope there's still plenty to go around!

Hi guys, I completed the DC to AC conversion...He now powers all LED's with a single switch. SO much better than burning through batteries, and having to mess with turning on his chest and belt separately. This video shows how I did this, and may help to give you guys ideas on how to power him up permanently.

I got an email at 12am EST that my Vader shipped. Should be here Thursday. I am beyond excited to see this, it looks stunning. This is going to be a long week.

Hey guys I'm the dude who broke an arm 10 mins into owner ship and a missing a lightsaber and hilt.

Just got word from sideshow they are getting a small batch of replacement arms lightsabers etc from Ironstudios in 3 weeks and I will get my replacements (even the arm which was completely my fault). If you need a replacement let them know quickly before they run out of parts!

How did the arm break?

Hi guys, I completed the DC to AC conversion...He now powers all LED's with a single switch. SO much better than burning through batteries, and having to mess with turning on his chest and belt separately. This video shows how I did this, and may help to give you guys ideas on how to power him up permanently.

Nice work! Would you consider making this kit for commission? I just don't want to mess anything up and I am not great with a soldering iron. No prob if not just thought I'd ask. I'd pay you for materials and time obviously. Thanks

This is great effort... doubt I will do it to be honest.. but yes.. its great if you have it on AC and have just one switch... Congrats

PS: I had to mute your video :lol

This is great effort... doubt I will do it to be honest.. but yes.. its great if you have it on AC and have just one switch... Congrats

PS: I had to mute your video :lol

hahaha...yeah, I've had complaints before about the music in my videos. But I am not on YouTube to make money, just to help people out. If they don't like it they tell me or switch it off. No worries for me.....I let the Metal flow! :banana

Nice work! Would you consider making this kit for commission? I just don't want to mess anything up and I am not great with a soldering iron. No prob if not just thought I'd ask. I'd pay you for materials and time obviously. Thanks

I may end up making some, not sure yet. I don't have a lot of free time. :gah:

Just to let you know that my bent lightsaber replacement has shipped from SSC last night. So I guess they already received a small batch of replacement parts...

hahaha...yeah, I've had complaints before about the music in my videos. But I am not on YouTube to make money, just to help people out. If they don't like it they tell me or switch it off. No worries for me.....I let the Metal flow! :banana

I may end up making some, not sure yet. I don't have a lot of free time. :gah:

Understandable. Please let me know if you do. Would be greatly appreciated, either way thanks for making the video in case I get ballsy. Also I love metal, I turned it up lol

Great video Brutal! :clap
I don't think I've got the electrical talent to tackle this, but I might learn & try it...... one day.
I'm definitely gonna get the felt foot pads though. THAT, I can do :) I thought it strange that it didn't come with them.

Great Job man!

I could also do this.

Now I have never done it before but I know electrical. I do lots of lighting and in my remodeling. I've never soldered circuitry but I do install shower valves, so I know how to solder from soldering copper.

I plan to leave him in this pose anyways as well. Works for me!

I just need that circuit board..

Back