Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can only speak for the neck piece around the cape, but I took mine off the hooks on the cape and flipped it around the other way. It’s made to come on and off if needed. I also put the cape around the neck before I put the head on. It’s easier for anyone that was having problems getting the head to sit flush on the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only speak for the neck piece around the cape, but I took mine off the hooks on the cape and flipped it around the other way. It’s made to come on and off if needed. I also put the cape around the neck before I put the head on. It’s easier for anyone that was having problems getting the head to sit flush on the body.

Didn't even realize you could take it off. Do you have to bend the hooks a bit? Mine are clenched pretty tight so it won't come off...

Didn't even realize you could take it off. Do you have to bend the hooks a bit? Mine are clenched pretty tight so it won't come off...

You could bent them a bit I suppose, mine are tight as well but I managed to wiggle it off.

4) Please forgive my phone camera, I tried to take clear photos but this is hard to capture. The left side of Vader's helmet has "scratches". They are technically "rubs". As if the Styrofoam or the wax paper was rubbing against the side of the helmet and took away the black polish. Very hard to capture in a photo but I tried. It's much worse in person than on a photo. (see below)

5) The black stripe of Vader's chest plate has also been "scratched". Similar to the helmet, the black polish is rubbed down probably because of rubbing against the wax paper or the Styrofoam during shipping. Again, this is way worse in person but hard to fully capture with a phone camera. (see below)

7) I know this piece is supposed to be broken or damaged, but mine looks like it was really, actually chipped during shipping. I can see a light gray piece of unpainted polystone and it looks like the breakage pattern just doesn't match the rest of the edge. (see below)
Not normal.
Both #4 & #5 aren't normal. Mine are all clear of any defects.
#7: not normal either. Mine is fully painted black, no grey.

Finally had a chance to unbox mine today. Had to rearrange my display for it, since it can't fit in the besta cube I had in mind.

As you all know by now, this piece has massive presence. Still working on the cape though. Takes a lot of work to get it where you like it, and I'm still not there yet. Hoping to get inspired by some of the pics here.

Here are some pics of him with my other two SW PFs.

IMG_5897.jpgIMG_5898.jpgIMG_5899.jpg

Just posting my proof I got it lol finally got back from my cruise to drive 3 hours stopping at Orlando Int Airport then doing wash and cleaning up before being super tired and opened my the box.

Here’s my 2min cape posing. I’ll do when it’s in place. I had fun giving Kylo Ren the spinning around look so I’ll see what I can do here.

89A2D3B4-D564-4C05-BFC5-536FD9BDEB4D.jpg

Just posting my proof I got it lol finally got back from my cruise to drive 3 hours stopping at Orlando Int Airport then doing wash and cleaning up before being super tired and opened my the box.

Here’s my 2min cape posing. I do when it’s in place. I had fun givingbKyli the spinning around look so I’ll see what I can do here.

View attachment 375841

D*mn. Great presence. I feel like my heart is gonna get ripped out and not in a good way LOL. Kinda like SW ripping out Ultron's heart only - worse.

First I'd like to say that if you have a perfect or near perfect version of this statue, it is arguably the best 1/4 Star Wars scale statue ever made in my opinion and would be head to head with any "grail" out there.

Having said that, I am not as happy since I think I got a piece with more that a few issues. Please let me know if some of these are even issues since it is possible I am just being picky. Some of this post is copied directly from my email to Sideshow.

1) I did not receive the lightsaber with my statue. I am referring to the long LED lightsaber that is inserted into Vader's right hand. It was not in the box!

2) The square chest box does not light up at all. I played around with the switch on the back and it flickered a bit only to die out. Seems to be either a dead battery or a malfunction of electronics within.

3) The half circle piece that is supposed to hold up Vader's cape around his neck has been connected to the cape backwards. The half circle is now facing incorrectly inward instead of outward, making it impossible for me to put the cape on. I tried bending it but the plastic was not meant to be bent that way and is clearly attached backwards. I'll either end up snapping it or scratching up my Vader if I attach it this way. (see below)

4) Please forgive my phone camera, I tried to take clear photos but this is hard to capture. The left side of Vader's helmet has "scratches". They are technically "rubs". As if the Styrofoam or the wax paper was rubbing against the side of the helmet and took away the black polish. Very hard to capture in a photo but I tried. It's much worse in person than on a photo. (see below)

5) The black stripe of Vader's chest plate has also been "scratched". Similar to the helmet, the black polish is rubbed down probably because of rubbing against the wax paper or the Styrofoam during shipping. Again, this is way worse in person but hard to fully capture with a phone camera. (see below)

6) The "I am your father" left hand has a piece of polystone that was left over from a bad mold. Looks like a wart on his finger. (see below)

7) I know this piece is supposed to be broken or damaged, but mine looks like it was really, actually chipped during shipping. I can see a light gray piece of unpainted polystone and it looks like the breakage pattern just doesn't match the rest of the edge. (see below)

Please let me know if some of these is just me being too picky. I'll actually feel better. I am very curious to know if everyone's helmet and chest plate is flawlessly polished with zero blemishes or are you guys just not as OCD as I am...
:panic:

Those are a lot of issues... I would ask for a full replacement. My vader has none of those issues and things like the scratches really take away from the piece IMO... THe broken bits on the base are a none issue and I would think they would send you a saber without issue... But I would go for the full replacement because of those scratches.

Those are a lot of issues... I would ask for a full replacement. My vader has none of those issues and things like the scratches really take away from the piece IMO... THe broken bits on the base are a none issue and I would think they would send you a saber without issue... But I would go for the full replacement because of those scratches.

I emailed them with all these issues but I am not even sure how they can do a full replacement now that this piece is waitlisted.

Just noticed another potential issue. Can't imagine if I am the only one but so far with my luck, maybe I am.

Those of you who have your Vader with both hands on the lightsaber pose, take off Vader's left arm and check out the left side of Vader's chest plate. The silver area that was in contact with the black shoulder pad. After taking it off, I noticed that there is a tiny scratch on the silver paint because of the contact with the black shoulder pad. Wonder if it's just my piece that has poor spacing there.

I used someone else's pic for reference since I am not home now to take a pic of mine, but that is where you should be looking. Underneath that shoulder pad

Vader's Soulder.jpg

Just noticed another potential issue. Can't imagine if I am the only one but so far with my luck, maybe I am.

Those of you who have your Vader with both hands on the lightsaber pose, take off Vader's left arm and check out the left side of Vader's chest plate. The silver area that was in contact with the black shoulder pad. After taking it off, I noticed that there is a tiny scratch on the silver paint because of the contact with the black shoulder pad. Wonder if it's just my piece that has poor spacing there.

I used someone else's pic for reference since I am not home now to take a pic of mine, but that is where you should be looking. Underneath that shoulder pad

View attachment 375843

This may be just a tad too much OCD... But I get the same way. I never noticed it on mine.. I will look later.

Forgot to mention that my box was pretty beat up. Nothing was damaged thankfully but it still sucks to see it that way.

Back