Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does sideshow not use that waitlist bar anymore to show your place in line? I went on the waitlist last night, an hour or so after it waitlisted. How likely do you think it would convert? And do you think they got all 1k in the warehouse already, or is it by batches? I hope mine converts. I was eyeing this for so long, and thought I could pass on this. But its an amazing piece, and a Vader Ive been waiting for. Im starting to regret not PO'ing. Oh well, you win some, and you lose some.

Where did you here this? I have to wonder why 1:4 scale would require he be paired with another character but not 1:6 or 1:1.

This doesn’t make sense to me either, but I remember that this was expanded upon several years ago. As stated, certain parts of the license restrictions could have changed by now.

Does sideshow not use that waitlist bar anymore to show your place in line? I went on the waitlist last night, an hour or so after it waitlisted. How likely do you think it would convert? And do you think they got all 1k in the warehouse already, or is it by batches? I hope mine converts. I was eyeing this for so long, and thought I could pass on this. But its an amazing piece, and a Vader Ive been waiting for. Im starting to regret PO'ing. Oh well, you win some, and you lose some.

Just to be clear: Sideshow doesn't have all the 1000 pieces.

That boba behind the IS vader, is that the sideshow PF?

Hi phobic,

No its the boba 1/4 hot toys, very underrated piece, I don’t find any of the other 1/4 scale boba to represent the character as good as the hot toys ones. All the other poses seem of too me. So i use the HT boba, thinking about adding maul and kylo into the. Mix 1/4 scale but tiny things about there poses bother me.

Just to be clear: Sideshow doesn't have all the 1000 pieces.

We've seen this with Prime 1 pieces as well where SS will get allocated more pieces once they've sold their allotment.

We've seen this with Prime 1 pieces as well where SS will get allocated more pieces once they've sold their allotment.

Agreed. But Sideshow doesn't have all the 1000 pieces produced by Iron Studios, some are sold by other shops

Hi, my Vader arrived yesterday and we invited friends, also collectors, for the unboxing and pizzas. Really, this statue is breathtaking. As most of you - mine will hold the saber with both hands. The cape gives such dynamism to the piece along with the pose, you can almost feel him moving heavily thru the snow. I really like how IS applied the different shades on his mask. I like the base a lot too.

I wish IS had gone a step further to get rid of the batteries. Not a big deal for me since I will wire him myself.

This is my third IS piece, I also have spider and Mark43. All have breathtaking poses. Folks that came for pizza and my wife still prefer spider but I cant chose one, i like them all very much.

As I mentioned previously I would really like a decent ep V Yoda. We can only hope they will keep bringing amazing pieces.

Agreed. But Sideshow doesn't have all the 1000 pieces produced by Iron Studios, some are sold by other shops

yes we're saying the same thing. Now that they've sold their current inventory, SS may get allocated more pieces by IS if there are still some available and not already shipped to other retailers

I don't own any 1/3 pieces and I have been sort of hoping prime one would someday do 1/3 star wars. But jeez after seeing the size of this I think I would have to pass.

yes we're saying the same thing. Now that they've sold their current inventory, SS may get allocated more pieces by IS if there are still some available and not already shipped to other retailers
Would be interesting to know how many SSC gets of the total. They probably get a big bunch of them being the biggest worldwide distributor of statues. But some other shops get a few as well, and with IS being Brazilian you’d think quite some are reserved for them too. The fact that SSC currently have removed this from searching up on their website, should be because they won’t be getting any more, and that they have waitlisted more people than they think will get returned. Just speculating, of course. :)

With some people reporting missing light sabers, broken parts, etc. I wonder if they've had to set aside extra inventory to ensure they have enough spare parts to cover customer service claims...

You guys have enough good pics so her are some iPhone camera junk photos. I’m so impressed with Vader. I doubt I’ll ever be tempted by another Vader statue again. This has it all for me.

Also steamed my cape and did my best to shape and form it to my liking. Also in my display I took a couple shots to see how he sizes up to other PFs.

ae998720e8fc284701a1b441fa32d640.jpg

2fd7e45896e867b18fda932268d7ba46.jpg

f7e4be2c00b301fb91490e8eba83bc5b.jpg

4c4972db643e79aed6b12232d0715ee9.jpg

cd516d5ee587066dae5c8c46931d939d.jpg

b25b72626d0088fa40b1ea9594c182db.jpg

b2f0ec9c24e05f52e2accbf9c67790f5.jpg

d327f2822bec08c95a6c31b5a8098e31.jpg

83d2e0660da027d7992d889943b8dbcf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does sideshow not use that waitlist bar anymore to show your place in line? I went on the waitlist last night, an hour or so after it waitlisted. How likely do you think it would convert?

They do, but not in this case for me either. I have no idea how long it had sold out when I got on the waitlist. I got home from work on Saturday, saw it had waitlisted and jumped straight on. I was hoping it would have stayed in stock until my Wolf LSB was refunded so I could have used my points. Now I just hope it converts. It is possible they are receiving batches, we've seen things go to waitlist before and then magically open up for sale again...

They probably are gonna get more alotted to them. It only waitlisted yesterday. It was up for pre order since day 1 and didn't sell out. Nobody ordered until now. So I'm thinking sideshow didnt expect so many other people to order, and just received a batch going by the number of pre orders and then some for in stock inventory, but not enough for the unexpected demand. We'll see though.

Can we use our reward points on waitlisted reservations when they convert?

With some people reporting missing light sabers, broken parts, etc. I wonder if they've had to set aside extra inventory to ensure they have enough spare parts to cover customer service claims...
I've made a request already to change my bent lightsaber and the response they gave me:
Thank you for following up! Please know that we have not yet received our full supply of replacements for the Iron Studios Darth Vader Statue, but we are expecting more to arrive in the future within the

If you would be willing to wait until we receive these additional parts, I can place you on our internal waitlist for the part, so that you will be sure to receive it once available.

Note the missing "next (insert days/weeks/months)" ;)

I've made a request already to change my bent lightsaber and the response they gave me:

Note the missing "next (insert days/weeks/months)" ;)

Okay!! This gives me a lot of hope. I had a previous replacement order of a couple small accessories, processed to get sent from prime 1. It took 2 months for me to receive it. Their reasoning is the replacements are per request and they get shipped with the rest of their statue batches! So it could be another month or two for the allotment and your replacement.

My chest plate led’s don’t blink. Just all solid red. Anyone experience this? Maybe try new batts before contacting SSC?

First I'd like to say that if you have a perfect or near perfect version of this statue, it is arguably the best 1/4 Star Wars scale statue ever made in my opinion and would be head to head with any "grail" out there.

Having said that, I am not as happy since I think I got a piece with more that a few issues. Please let me know if some of these are even issues since it is possible I am just being picky. Some of this post is copied directly from my email to Sideshow.

1) I did not receive the lightsaber with my statue. I am referring to the long LED lightsaber that is inserted into Vader's right hand. It was not in the box!

2) The square chest box does not light up at all. I played around with the switch on the back and it flickered a bit only to die out. Seems to be either a dead battery or a malfunction of electronics within.

3) The half circle piece that is supposed to hold up Vader's cape around his neck has been connected to the cape backwards. The half circle is now facing incorrectly inward instead of outward, making it impossible for me to put the cape on. I tried bending it but the plastic was not meant to be bent that way and is clearly attached backwards. I'll either end up snapping it or scratching up my Vader if I attach it this way. (see below)

V2.jpg

4) Please forgive my phone camera, I tried to take clear photos but this is hard to capture. The left side of Vader's helmet has "scratches". They are technically "rubs". As if the Styrofoam or the wax paper was rubbing against the side of the helmet and took away the black polish. Very hard to capture in a photo but I tried. It's much worse in person than on a photo. (see below)

V1.jpg

5) The black stripe of Vader's chest plate has also been "scratched". Similar to the helmet, the black polish is rubbed down probably because of rubbing against the wax paper or the Styrofoam during shipping. Again, this is way worse in person but hard to fully capture with a phone camera. (see below)

V3.jpg

6) The "I am your father" left hand has a piece of polystone that was left over from a bad mold. Looks like a wart on his finger. (see below)

V4.jpg

7) I know this piece is supposed to be broken or damaged, but mine looks like it was really, actually chipped during shipping. I can see a light gray piece of unpainted polystone and it looks like the breakage pattern just doesn't match the rest of the edge. (see below)

V5.jpg

Please let me know if some of these is just me being too picky. I'll actually feel better. I am very curious to know if everyone's helmet and chest plate is flawlessly polished with zero blemishes or are you guys just not as OCD as I am...
:panic:

Back