Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, someone’s needs to do a 1/4 scale Yoda. With a well done base it would sell well.

I can’t understand why no one has done yet in this scale, especially Sideshow.

Would sell better than the life size

I couldn't agree more. I desperately want a 1/4 Yoda. Maybe with a Dagobah base, levitating rock option, swap out heads, etc. Similar to what HT did with their last figure. Anyway, IIRC there is a licensing issue which is why SS's 1/4 Yoda was on Luke's back. I can't remember the specifics of what I read. It's been a while and I'm old.

I do not know what can possibly be said that hasn’t already. I have owned a bunch of PFs, 1/3 scale, lifesize, 1/6 scale in my almost 20 years of collecting. This is the best vader IMO that i have owned and or seen. I am ecstatic to say the least. I am def thinking of losing the saber as most of the arms look incredible on this one.
View attachment 375445View attachment 375446View attachment 375447View attachment 375448View attachment 375449

That boba behind the IS vader, is that the sideshow PF?

That boba behind the IS vader, is that the sideshow PF?

It looks like the HT 1/4 scale Boba Fett. I had that once upon a time but sold it to a friend to pay for the ESB PF Boba. Both very nice pieces.

Love that last shot Enzo! Very nice SW collection and good mix of 1/4 scale vs. Sixth scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more. I desperately want a 1/4 Yoda. Maybe with a Dagobah base, levitating rock option, swap out heads, etc. Similar to what HT did with their last figure. Anyway, IIRC there is a licensing issue which is why SS's 1/4 Yoda was on Luke's back. I can't remember the specifics of what I read. It's been a while and I'm old.

So Sideshow isn’t aloud to do a yoda unless it’s accompanied by another character?

Licensing is weird.

Does make you wonder why that is though?

Maybe it’s pricing. License for a yoda alone would be expensive vs a partial when add in another figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda is considered a puppet and therefore, for whatever reason, falls into the prop category and can therefore not be done as a single character.

I don't know if Lucasfilm is/will change licensing parameters now that Disney is steering the ship. I'm sure the mouse has some level of influence.

I love that display option also.. I did not think I would but it really looks great in person.

It will be two hands on Saber or this other option 99 % of the time.

I may go with the no Saber hand and the "Join me as father and son" hand the other 1% of the time.

Yup, I’ll rotate those three.

There's already been tons of positive feedback. This one is a big win for Iron Studios.

Congrats to their team that worked on this one. They deserve all the praise this piece is getting. :clap

Just put this beast together. The presence it commands is just pure awesomeness. Mine came with a loose piece of polystone in the base but everything looks great so far. I'll have another look when I tackle the cape.

As to the lightsaber it looks like most have a faint bend at the connection?

Okay people, here's what I'm seeing in regards to the "bent" saber. When the lightsaber is put in, with the shroud facing the wrong way, it will look bent.
IMG_0923.jpg
Note how the shroud is, when looking at the control box, in the unlit one. If you spin the blade around a bit, one way will be crooked while another will seat better. I've found when I have the orientation of the shroud with the control box, like the unlit one, it straightenes up.

Okay people, here's what I'm seeing in regards to the "bent" saber. When the lightsaber is put in, with the shroud facing the wrong way, it will look bent.
View attachment 375633
Note how the shroud is, when looking at the control box, in the unlit one. If you spin the blade around a bit, one way will be crooked while another will seat better. I've found when I have the orientation of the shroud with the control box, like the unlit one, it straightenes up.

I've noticed on some pics from collectors who have the shroud flipped, opposite of what you posted, it's straighter than mine. Even with the ring pointed down mine has a slight bend.

Yoda is considered a puppet and therefore, for whatever reason, falls into the prop category and can therefore not be done as a single character.

I don't know if Lucasfilm is/will change licensing parameters now that Disney is steering the ship. I'm sure the mouse has some level of influence.

It's weird because you'd probably put R2 in the same category then? They sell him in PF separately now?

Congrats to everyone that got one of these, and hopefully the Freaks on the waitlist will get some conversions! :clap

I can't wait to see what's next from them.. they confirmed it's a jedi

I cannot wait to see whatever they reveal next. They have been so quiet about the Star Wars line I thought they may have dropped it or lost the license. Super excited to see more IS Star Wars! :yess:

It's weird because you'd probably put R2 in the same category then? They sell him in PF separately now?

There was an actual person inside of R2, so that's probably why it's not in the puppet/prop category.

Where did you hear this? I have to wonder why 1:4 scale would require he be paired with another character but not 1:6 or 1:1.

Last edited:
Back