Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cartman5579 - Ah, man! Someone (I believe it was you, but I'm not certain) had some gorgeous pics up earlier today of their PF collection (Speeder bike, droids, etc.. including the IS Vader) on top of light-colored shelves (Bestas?), but it looks light the photos might have disappeared or been taken down...

Any chance you could repost them? I loved seeing the way your collection was displayed as well as the size comparison of the IS Vader to the other SW PFs.

Ugh. Eye doc appt took too long. Still boxed. Got it Yesterday and still boxed in the house. Crazy idea. Make one of the buttons on the belt a push power button. That would have been awesome!!

My just got delivered woooohooo..... unfortunately I’m on the way to Mexico on a cruise ship wahhhhhhhh

Sunday I’ll be home opening this before I wash my undies lmao

shocked this hasn't sold out yet. I'm guessing next Friday it'll be gone. Why anyone is buying the XM trio when this epic Vader is still available for $650 is beyond me LOL!! but to each his own I guess ;)

So tempted to use my $107 in reward points on this piece. I don’t know why I keep coming in here looking at photos. :lurking

My belt doesn't work. Tried batteries both ways. Are there pics of the way the batteries should be facing? Not sure if I should message SS or go buy some new batteries. Likely the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damn guys... this thing is ****ing ridicolous .... by any good means.. Im still in awe.... This thing is all I ever wanted from a Vader statue.. and in 1/4 scale.. I can not be any happier at this point.. I finally have the feeling I can quit collecting because this Vader give me all I want in my Star Wars collection.

I had the Sideshow Vader... This one here puts it to shame with ease ...

TO all you.. who are on the fence.. get it.. I know there are some great pictures and videos.. but if you see this BEAST in person.. its unbelievable !!!

PLEASE IRON STUDIOS ... Continue with your 1/4 scale line...

20171102_200014_zpskmxdkpvl.jpg

20171102_200024_zpsdnmcikd0.jpg

I know there has been some debate on here about Vader's cloth cape vs. sculpted cape so thought I would just give my two cents on this now that I have it in hand. Given how big this statue really is when you have it up close I'm glad that they went with a cloth cape because a sculpted cape would have increased the breakable parts by a large margin. I suppose we could debate how the wiring is and futzing to find the right effects, but I'm personally glad that it's cloth if for no other reason it provides less "breakage" opportunity particular during shipping. I understand the sentiment of those who prefer a full statue with no cloth, but again I can't imagine if his cape was sculpted....it would just be much more fragile IMO.

Of course sculpted would be more fragile then fabric but they could of done what ResinWorx did (I believe) and use firberglass for the sculpted cape, the one they did on MOS came out awesome plus it's more flexible and lighter then polystone and it's tougher to break plus once its painted it looks just as good. Hell I would be willing to take a PVC sculpted cape over fabric... Unless you can iron the cape it's just going to have to many creases and folds in it plus it will never have that truly nice flow to it like sculpted gives you, so it's always going to have that look of "he must of slept in his clothes look"

Of course sculpted would be more fragile then fabric but they could of done what ResinWorx did (I believe) and use firberglass for the sculpted cape, the one they did on MOS came out awesome plus it's more flexible and lighter then polystone and it's tougher to break plus once its painted it looks just as good. Hell I would be willing to take a PVC sculpted cape over fabric... Unless you can iron the cape it's just going to have to many creases and folds in it plus it will never have that truly nice flow to it like sculpted gives you, so it's always going to have that look of "he must of slept in his clothes look"

Given that the cape is a separate fabric piece, I would just suggest using one of those small steamers for clothing.

damn guys... this thing is ****ing ridicolous .... by any good means.. Im still in awe.... This thing is all I ever wanted from a Vader statue.. and in 1/4 scale.. I can not be any happier at this point.. I finally have the feeling I can quit collecting because this Vader give me all I want in my Star Wars collection.

TO all you.. who are on the fence.. get it.. I know there are some great pictures and videos.. but if you see this BEAST in person.. its unbelievable !!!

Love the photos! I couldn't agree with you more. :goodpost:
Now I need to try & sell my SS PF Vader. But, with as good as this piece is, I'm afraid the SS is gonna tank in value.
Get the Iron Studios NOW Darth Waller!!! You'll be kicking yourself if you miss it.

Well said. It’s amazing and a must have for a Star Wars collection. Perfect Vader finally. Nice pic too.

Thanks guys..

btw... I couldnt find the booklet on my box.. is there a secret compartment I overlooked???

To each his own of course. Personally, I'm happy with the cloth one because it makes it less fragile and probably lighter overall. Since I have mine on top of a Detolf I'm not sure I would want it much heavier and to me the cloth futzing can be fun to mix it up a little from time to time.

I feel like others in this thread though, I think I may have purchased my last 1/4 scale statue at least for a long time. This is the one I've been waiting for. I've been tempted by the latest SSC Darth Maul, but I currently don't have a place to display it anyway nor the $500+ it would cost so this piece if very fulfilling for my collection. I worked from home today and just found myself staring at it a lot.

God, I love all these photos! I own it & I've been staring at it all day, & I still love all these photos!

MYC, my booklet was right under the flap of the shipping box, inside the plastic bag but not in the product box.

Thanks guys..

btw... I couldnt find the booklet on my box.. is there a secret compartment I overlooked???
The booklet should have been in plain sight. Mine was just resting on the top when I opened the cardboard shipper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Yeah, I love both of them. Just appreciate the take on IS Kylo a bit more. And the added melted Vader Helmet is a great accessory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I met to say I prefer the pose.. LOL.. But the cloth is nice also.. But the IS Kylo is still cool.

Vader can’t be as tall. Pics show Vader in a Besta. Boba doesn’t fit in a Besta

So I just measured them and PF Boba is about 25 inches tall from base to the top of his jet pack and Vader is about 22 1/2 inches from base to the top of his helmet. The question I was originally trying to answer was whether Vader and Boba Fett would look ok right next to one another due to the height differences, which are not as big as originally thought.[/QUOTE]

Yep... That was me and I think they will look great together.

Back