Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't own either but I actually like the SSC version better. I think I just prefer the cloths.

Yeah, I love both of them. Just appreciate the take on IS Kylo a bit more. And the added melted Vader Helmet is a great accessory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mind the mixed media, it's just a pain sometimes to get the look you're going for. And there is a bunch of material here and to get a good look on the front and sides, it's wadded up in the back.

Here is my humble review....I tried to keep it short, but going over everything takes a bit.

Awesome review! It doesn't look as bad with the one hand lightsaber grip as I initially thought. Plus that will allow for easier access of the chest box.

Kylo is already out and been shipped. The ES on it was only 200 due to poor response. I have no idea why people passed on it though, it’s the best of the two between IS and SS. Love mine!

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I can't think of a single thing I even remotely like about the IS Kylo Ren. The Sideshow version is decent though. The IS Vader on the other hand is in a different league. I look forward to them making more statues after this, hopefully more like their Vader, and less like their awkward Ren.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I can't think of a single thing I even remotely like about the IS Kylo Ren. The Sideshow version is decent though. The IS Vader on the other hand is in a different league. I look forward to them making more statues after this, hopefully more like their Vader, and less like their awkward Ren.

At the end of the day, it’s a statue of a movie character. I don’t put nearly as much thought into these things, beyond the joy of enjoying seeing him on my shelf, as some of you. But as you say, different strokes.

I'll be taking better photos with my real camera, but here are some crappy iPad photos until I get those taken.
View attachment 375251

View attachment 375252

I will say, the sculpt of the suit is better in every way than that of the pleather SS Vader. I'll be futzing with the cape forever, but I'm okay with that. But, now, finally there is a Darth Vader statue that beats the Attakus Vader v1 (that I own, & still love)

View attachment 375255

I know there has been some debate on here about Vader's cloth cape vs. sculpted cape so thought I would just give my two cents on this now that I have it in hand. Given how big this statue really is when you have it up close I'm glad that they went with a cloth cape because a sculpted cape would have increased the breakable parts by a large margin. I suppose we could debate how the wiring is and futzing to find the right effects, but I'm personally glad that it's cloth if for no other reason it provides less "breakage" opportunity particular during shipping. I understand the sentiment of those who prefer a full statue with no cloth, but again I can't imagine if his cape was sculpted....it would just be much more fragile IMO.

Awesome review! It doesn't look as bad with the one hand lightsaber grip as I initially thought. Plus that will allow for easier access of the chest box.

Thanks! You know, I didn't even think of that....but that's a great point. I have been turning it on and off with ease.

Did anyone elses suit LED's die after about 30 minutes? Mine did.

Sculpted cape would look like trash. I always think of SS 1/4 classic superman and that cape looks like garbage. Fabric while difficult makes this piece look epic.

I'm talking about the non-electrical arm. IT won't have the electrical connection to keep it in place. I guess I'll find out today when I take it out of the box.

Not trying to be rude back, but no, the first sentence does not address the RIGHT NON ELECTRICAL ARM.
Actually no, you asked about the arms and the head and didn’t specify any more. But to answer your (new) question, the right arm also has a «electronic» connection to fit and hold firm, even though there’s obviously not any actual electronic in there. :)

Well shoot. I didn't see the no longer available blurb. But I just checked on FB and they are still making them. Weird. I'd go hardcore with this one and just drill straight through the chest and out the back for the wire.

I don’t think I could do it!!!! The wire is super fine. Depending on which arm used u could hide it behind on of them. I have 10 hiddien on my iron man.

[/I]

So here are a A couple more shots a little more straight on. Honestly I don’t think Fett stands much taller even with the very big base because Vader is that big. I think they will look well together. In fact I am a little surprised at just how big Vader looks and imposing he seems when put next to other quarter scale statues. I suppose that’s fitting. ;)

60bdd84016023203f7af4c14e96aae9b.jpg

e899dca009a1bc91de8fcdc228860966.jpg

Awesome! Thanks! Vader is huge!!!![/QUOTE]

Vader can’t be as tall. Pics show Vader in a Besta. Boba doesn’t fit in a Besta

Awesome! Thanks! Vader is huge!!!!

Vader can’t be as tall. Pics show Vader in a Besta. Boba doesn’t fit in a Besta[/QUOTE]

So I just measured them and PF Boba is about 25 inches tall from base to the top of his jet pack and Vader is about 22 1/2 inches from base to the top of his helmet. The question I was originally trying to answer was whether Vader and Boba Fett would look ok right next to one another due to the height differences, which are not as big as originally thought.

Damn this thread is really popular at the moment.

I think there are more posts here since this came out, then all the combined posts made after the various Civil War pieces when they were released!

And if not, it will soon.

Back