Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The kneeling Gentle Giant Vader is a superb statue. I also got it the first day it was up for order. It has some accuracy problems, but on the other hand it has such a great iconic pose. One of the best Vader statues out there indeed. No wonder Gentle Giant re-released a smaller version of it not too long ago.

LOL, I kinda knew this would happen, don't ask my how, but I did. :lol

So far. Hasn’t happened yet. One or both of us has cold feet. Lol.

Was eyeing that Jabba.

But I might just hold onto Vader after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The IS Darth Vader is awesome, just like GG more. I would love a 1/4. SSC should have made one as GG can't make 1/4s.

The problem with the GG lays n ot in size, since i like 1/6, but in accuracy, it has a few issues with the helmet and with its body. GG kneeling Vader remains still one of the top Vader statues out there, better than any Sideshow Vader so far, at least on pose, since it is so iconic.

I love mine but I’m am now willing to part with him. If anyone wants him at a fair rate, send me a pm.

:lol I actually forgot that I owned this since it has been stored in my in-laws spare bedroom since I got it. They just mentioned that I needed to 'collect my boxes' because my sister-in-law is getting a divorce and moving in with them. I guess I should get around to selling mine as well. :lol

Was going thru parts for this gem, I tried all the arms and they really look so much better then I thought they would, but for me the sweeping saber is my favorite. That is all lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Was going thru parts for this gem, I tried all the arms and they really look so much better then I thought they would, but for me the sweeping saber is my favorite. That is all lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Agreed. And I'm not even a fan of plastic poles in hands of characters, but this is the exception.

Is this item still available as New on any reliable website (besides ebay)??

A good friend was looking for one like that and couldn't find it. So unfortunately he settled for the PF and he's not too happy.

Agreed. And I'm not even a fan of plastic poles in hands of characters, but this is the exception.

A good friend was looking for one like that and couldn't find it. So unfortunately he settled for the PF and he's not too happy.

The PF is 1/4 scale right?? So which PF do you mean.

Was that at all based on current market value? Noticed they dropped a bit lately from the $1K+ they were getting for a while.

No, I was offering him for $850 shipped and one guy bit, but then let go.

2 others asked but never amounted to anything. I lost my will sell him buy then. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that at all based on current market value? Noticed they dropped a bit lately from the $1K+ they were getting for a while.

I have noticed that as well. There's a couple on ebay that have been sat there for months.

My waitlist order was finally cancelled by sideshow so I have been keeping my eyes open for a decently priced one so I tend to check ebay once a week for any new listings.

Perhaps collectors are getting wise to the fact that regardless of how awesome the item is there's always another just around the corner. This is especially true about Vader items.

Deedzy. said:
Perhaps collectors are getting wise to the fact that regardless of how awesome the item is there's always another just around the corner. This is especially true about Vader items.

If they are all like the newer SS "NFL" PF then it would be smarter to grab the IS one while they can. Newer does not guarantee better, and even if there was a new decent one released it would be years till in hand.

Remember that even the old Master Replicas Millennium Falcon studio scale sat for years in stock of various distributors, and even sold for $800, before it raised in prices you see today. You never know how prices go in time.

Remember that even the old Master Replicas Millennium Falcon studio scale sat for years in stock of various distributors, and even sold for $800, before it raised in prices you see today. You never know how prices go in time.

True but it's comparing apples and oranges. One was the largest prop replica ever undertaken for the mass market and the other is a1/4 scale statue.

It's a lovely item, my brother has it and I admire it everytime I visit him but there will be another Vader.

True but it's comparing apples and oranges. One was the and the other is a1/4 scale statue.

It's a lovely item, my brother has it and I admire it everytime I visit him but there will be another Vader.

Even largest prop replica ever undertaken for the mass market was once sold for much under its price. And of course there will be another Vader. All that needs is to be better than this one, as for now this seems to be the best there is.

Back