Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had both. If mythos was not painted by sideshow and made in 1/5 it might be close to this, but they fell down on the paint and even the repainted ones are still fail scale and nowhere near as detailed. I do like what they tried to accomplish with it, but the production piece just did nothing for me.

That's how I feel about the Mythos Vader. Paint was not the way I would like it and the scale. I wish it was 1/4 because I could at least commission someone to paint it. Alas, I passed on it and never looked back.

Going back to the IS Vader.
It has it's issues as well, poor design with the chest and belt lighting, paint on the details of his belt and chest light box, but these are things that I can either live with or correct later on down the line.

The moment I saw the proto for this I had that adrenaline rush. It's the feeling that made me preorder instantly which brings me to my last point... for anyone that has any doubts once you've seen it in-hand, do yourself a favor and return it.
You shouldn't have any borderline feelings in this hobby. First of all, this industry is too expensive. Second, there's other great alternatives or you can always wait for upcoming pieces. Lastly, don't hold on to something in your collection that gives you regrets. Sell it, return it, get rid of it and make someone else a happy collector.

Weird my only issue was the crooked saber. Got lucky I suppose.

Compared to others hmmmm they all have their emotion wrapped in them. The IS is just here comes a badass look out. He’s a destroyer on this one.

Other pieces he’s reflecting or even the SS is like he’s a badass looking up at whatever.

We can all pick our fave but all have a place. Even the kneeling GG is good.

Buy a poseable 1/6 lol then always be happy or if HT stops bsing get the 1/4

GG is my most loved Darth Vader, glad I picked him up when he first came out, One of my pieces I have kept. This Darth Vader is awesome, just happen to like my GG more.

Last edited:
I did not seem to have any issues worth noting on my piece. I guess i got lucky. The only thing was i found it very hard to put vader into the base. I really had to push hard and still it looks like his foot could go in a tad more. But not willing to chance it with to much force. I know if i ever wanted to get him off the base it would be a two person job, one holding the base and one pulling the statue, which could end up catastrophic. I chose not use my electronics on most if not all my pieces as its just more of a bother than anything, plus they are behind glass. But i agree with what most have said about the electronics on here. I may be a little more inclines to use them is they were user friendly. Even a power cord to me would of been key as opposed to having to change out the batteries every certain amount of hours.

I already forgot about this statue. I put it in my office and look at it sometimes. I've shown it to people and they're amazed by the level of detail. Woot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Just got Vader all set up last night and he definitely lives up to the hype. Luckily, no issues with mine. The battery eliminator works great and is a must have IMO.
I really like the saber pose but for now the right fist/left palm up combo wins. I don't plan on using the lights all the time so like the optional set up that looks awesome lit or unlit. I think my only gripe is getting his left hand on the saber handle and removing the arms from that pose.

20171213_001346b.jpg

20171213_001407.jpg

20171213_001425.jpg

20171213_002814.jpg

20171213_003439.jpg

OMG!!! You criticized the end all be all Darth Vader Statue of all time..prepare for some serious repercussions...

I agree, how can you say anything bad about this piece I had attakus vader ss mythos vader and ss old vader and they do not compare by any means to this one!!!

That Stormie looks ridiculous.. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridiculous and inaccurate: weird horse faced helmet, odd pose, short back leg. Hopefully IM will make one some day and show Sideshow how a Stormie should look like.

every trooper that SS has done has issues in one way or another, but at least they're getting better

the regular stormie though is the worst though imo

I disagree...FO Trooper looks great, but not great as in every time I look at the IS Vader I get excited and have to change my undies (for the fanboys).

If you read the actual post, you'd have seen that all points listed are valid issues with the piece.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I bought two of this vader one arrived perfect the other, both the belt and chest did not light up. Also, a piece in the base was lose and made noise, all that a side I was given 80 bucks back so it was all good. But it does suck getting things that don't work. But light ups I rarely use to begin with and my base lights up and so does the saber. All those problems, I will take this bad ass statue over any other Vaders!!!

I bought two of this vader one arrived perfect the other, both the belt and chest did not light up. Also, a piece in the base was lose and made noise, all that a side I was given 80 bucks back so it was all good. But it does suck getting things that don't work. But light ups I rarely use to begin with and my base lights up and so does the saber. All those problems, I will take this bad ass statue over any other Vaders!!!

I think a bunch of people had the rattling thing in the base. I know mine did.

Just curious what everyone thinks of this statue compared to the Vader mythos. I have both and I still kind of like my mythos more.

Really liked the mythos.. Did not love it. Its a great stand alone piece though.. Really needs to be displayed with him looking at his helmet to have the full effect... Other options just don;t hit home.. Having said that.. I need a vader with Helmet on as that is Vader to me. Mythos with Helmet is a far cry from the Iron Studios version.

But the Mythos is a beauty. It is sculpted very well and looks great on a shelf by itself away from 1/4 scale items. Never cared for the paint apps.. Neither the orange effect or the dull blacks used on his suit.

IS for the all around win.

Personally, after seeing both this piece and the Mythos Vader, I do think that the Mythos Vader is a nicer piece but mainly because of the emotion evoked from the unmasked head (contemplating his life choices) while looking at the helmet while at the place where Obi-Wan stripped him of his limbs. It is just a very powerful composition but only 1/5 scale.

I prefer the 1/4 scale but REALLY dislike the cheap feel of the chest plate and the fact that you have 3 switches to make the light-up features work (nevermind the fact that one of arms completely blocks the ability for you to turn on the chest plate lights at all - really a bad design. The rest of the Iron Studios piece is absolutely beautiful, however. That is why I am having trouble deciding whether to send it back or not; normally, it would have been a quick reboxing and drop-off at the post office.

Hmmm I think Chest plate and belt look fine.. I think the mythos is the better Artistic piece but not the better Vader piece.. Does that make sense :lol

As for the nutty light ups.. Just pretend it does not light up just like the mythos.. Then all things are equal :)

I love GG I have the Atemesia GG and it is one of my all time favorite pieces!!
What one is that. I Kneeling one is my most loved DV. The others I remember are Disco DV, 1st statue, Maquette..

The IS Darth Vader is awesome just love the Kneeling one more. I would love another company to make a 1/4 kneeling DV, great scene from greatest movie of amy movie. Sure miss the days in last decade when GG did awesome statues and maquettes and for less than $100.00.

Really liked the mythos.. Did not love it. Its a great stand alone piece though.. Really needs to be displayed with him looking at his helmet to have the full effect... Other options just don;t hit home.. Having said that.. I need a vader with Helmet on as that is Vader to me. Mythos with Helmet is a far cry from the Iron Studios version.

But the Mythos is a beauty. It is sculpted very well and looks great on a shelf by itself away from 1/4 scale items. Never cared for the paint apps.. Neither the orange effect or the dull blacks used on his suit.

IS for the all around win.

Hmmm I think Chest plate and belt look fine.. I think the mythos is the better Artistic piece but not the better Vader piece.. Does that make sense [emoji38]

As for the nutty light ups.. Just pretend it does not light up just like the mythos.. Then all things are equal :)

Yes, that makes perfect sense. I unboxed the IS Vader again and just due to the size, it sets itself apart in a big way. It is truly an impressive piece, that is certain.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Back