Iron Man MK III Bust - eye problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broman

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello,

I picked up a very nice MK III bust, but it has one issue I was hoping someone could help with.

One of the eyes is dimmer then the other, almost like the LED has moved inside.

The eye cover seems to be a small plastic piece, probably glued on - I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen behind it?

If I could gently pry it off maybe I could move the LED back into the middle (assuming that's the issue).

That sucks I am also having trouble with one I am selling the eyes flicker but I at least know what happened to mine, battery acid on the contacts.

The led looks burned out? Good luck finding a solution.

Yeah but LEDs should last longer than that :( looks like you got a bad one :(

I knew when I bought it that it looked dimmer - does anyone know if it's 2 LEDS behind the lens or 1 that shifted?

With things like this they should make it easy for you to be able to replace the lights for when they die

There is one way of doing it although I don't recommend it...you can smash the faceplate, fix the LEDs and then glue it all back together again :slap
davaju8u.jpg

utesebyn.jpg

Is this why you want to buy my battle damaged one? I'd say thats literally battle damaged.

Don't worry, no Iron Man busts were harmed...here are some pics of it being fixed....

Glued pieces back together....
y9azaseg.jpg

Sanded down and primered followed by some Quality Street Matchmakers!!!
uje5etuq.jpg

Faceplate fixed and ready for respray
yremynyv.jpg

Respray complete and time to turn on the lights...
ujevama6.jpg

Lights on and good as new!
ezuhereh.jpg

Is this why you want to buy my battle damaged one? I'd say thats literally battle damaged.

:rotfl:rotfl :exactly: I missed out on the BD MKIII so trying to be a completist as I also have a custom MKII. These pics were for a custom bust that arrived to me damaged and literally after 2 weeks I fixed it...good luck with the sale Ash :)

Very nice job RB10 - any chance you took pictures of the LEDS themselves? Was there 2 per side or just 1?

Thanks for your help RB10 - you're a wealth of information.

I guess the only way to fix it would be to try and remove the eye cover and then replace the LED, assuming I can replace the LED.

I think for now I'll just live with it - unless another light goes.

Thanks for your help RB10 - you're a wealth of information.

I guess the only way to fix it would be to try and remove the eye cover and then replace the LED, assuming I can replace the LED.

I think for now I'll just live with it - unless another light goes.

Your very welcome my friend :hi5: I sometimes think fiddling with things often make them worse so I agree, just leave it as it is for the time being...and get ordering the MKVII 1:1 bust!!! :yess:

Anyone find a safer solution recently? My Mark III lights are dimming too. Hey RB10 you wouldn't be near NYC would you? I'd pay to have you fix my bust. :D

Back