Statue Iron Man 1:4 Mk III Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, a simple pink eraser does the trick.

Here's mine after removing a lot of the excess mud, I stopped at this point since it started to blend more naturally with the leg area, but you can remove as much of the mud effect as you like with no risk of removing the red paint.

View attachment 422552

aa909 - Thanks for the info! Do you have a before and after photos?
Why didnt you remove the big black stain on top of his mask?
iron.jpg

Can someone post more details or maybe even a video of how cleaning with the eraser works? I know it sounds easy, but knowing my skills I have a feeling I would still mess it up. Also, any word on wait-list convertions?

Based off that video his feet look like they are floating on the arm. That would drive me nuts.

Also his chest looks to be sticking out WAY to much.

As much as I love the mark III this is still a hard pass for me. Has any one noticed any light bleeding issues yet?

Mark VI still Reigns Supreme

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

aa909 - Thanks for the info! Do you have a before and after photos?
Why didnt you remove the big black stain on top of his mask?
View attachment 422569

here are the boots before
KMV3k6s.jpg

here are the boots after
c00yLpX.jpg

and you can take off even more if you want.

As for the black mark on top of the head, mine looks fine but you can easily remove the excess on yours with the eraser. good luck!

Can someone post more details or maybe even a video of how cleaning with the eraser works? I know it sounds easy, but knowing my skills I have a feeling I would still mess it up. Also, any word on wait-list convertions?

it's really as simple as it sounds. Start with the mud on the boots and just start erasing, with the boots you have to rub pretty hard. you'll get the feel for it quickly

The Mark III is beautiful :monkey4

I prefer the gold on this compared to the Mark VI.

I hope SS moves forward with doing the V and VII.

Last edited:
To those that have the ex, do you feel it really makes the piece better? From the pics I've seen, it looks nice, but really out of place being displayed next to the statue.

To those that have the ex, do you feel it really makes the piece better? From the pics I've seen, it looks nice, but really out of place being displayed next to the statue.

I get it next week but I do really like the exclusive and made sure I got the order in right away the day I knew it was going up.

Still a very nice looking piece without it though too. The exclusive doesn't really take anything away from the regular it just adds to it.

Based off that video his feet look like they are floating on the arm. That would drive me nuts.

Also his chest looks to be sticking out WAY to much.

As much as I love the mark III this is still a hard pass for me. Has any one noticed any light bleeding issues yet?

Mark VI still Reigns Supreme

Honestly I don't think I've ever received an Iron Man piece without light bleed issues. With you in mind, I would just avoid any such piece unfortunately.

Last edited:

I'm just concerned that it looks like a fully robotic head rather than the 'helmet' for the Iron Monger with all that wiring coming out of the neck. Unless I'm missing something?

Honestly I don't think I've ever received an Iron Man piece with light bleed issues. With you in mind, I would just avoid any such piece unfortunately.
Oh I wasn't touching this piece. Even the in hand photos look bad to me

If people are happy with this they’re happy with it, I’m not going to have any big reaction either way to what other people think/want.

I guess all I can say is there is no way I could be happy with paying $700 for a statue that I felt was necessary to “touch up” myself once I get it.

Also for all the conversation that’s been going on recently about Sideshow’s prices rising and yet people are seemingly content with, again, paying $700 for something that they feel has issues and that they need to touch up themselves....doesn’t seem to add up to me. But whatever. We all have to make our own decisions.

Thanks for all the pics, I'm really looking forward to receiving him....gets here on Monday. First iron man statue, to me it's the most iconic suit from the first marvel movie which started it all. Going straight in the theater room.

If people are happy with this they’re happy with it, I’m not going to have any big reaction either way to what other people think/want.

I guess all I can say is there is no way I could be happy with paying $700 for a statue that I felt was necessary to “touch up” myself once I get it.

Also for all the conversation that’s been going on recently about Sideshow’s prices rising and yet people are seemingly content with, again, paying $700 for something that they feel has issues and that they need to touch up themselves....doesn’t seem to add up to me. But whatever. We all have to make our own decisions.

I'm not sure people are exactly 'happy' with it.

I think it's more in the case that they're 'relieved' that they'll be able to get a satisfactory Iron Man piece. Possibly the first one since the Mark 6. And for someone who wasn't collecting when that originally came out I'm good with that.

And frankly no matter how cheap or expensive a piece is, it's always annoying as all hell when touch ups are required. I've collected from Hot Toys Cosbabys all the way to 1/2 scale Prime 1 pieces, and I've rarely received a perfect piece from any manufacturer.

And usually if I try to touch up a piece, it's a 50/50 chance it makes it worse, so it's nice to know that the available fix is so easy and from the sounds of it not prone to any risk to the statue.

Heres an update of mine, some before and after pics. I wasn’t sure I was gonna keep it, but I’m happy with it now.

d404dbfcb436cefa6f65fb482c313fc0.jpg

88bd91fc76483ac9bbcb31fa115d8768.jpg

19a58d7d3f50cd438427c4897fd12bee.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good joe! So are you all using the eraser on the end of a pencil? Seems like that might offer the most control:lol

I'm just concerned that it looks like a fully robotic head rather than the 'helmet' for the Iron Monger with all that wiring coming out of the neck. Unless I'm missing something?

Now that you mention it, your right. That's not accurate at all unless Tony decapitated him at the neck. I think I can live with just a regular on this.

Now that you mention it, your right. That's not accurate at all unless Tony decapitated him at the neck. I think I can live with just a regular on this.

I don't think his head was up in the helmet. Iron Monger was huge. I believe he was sitting in the body.

Edit.. Nope I am wrong.. His head should be in the Helmet.

Back