Statue Iron Man 1:4 Mk III Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok thanks. Cuz i see the new thanos labeled as maquette. The wolverine hulk dio also
From what I understood about the "maquette" thing, in those case, they are made from specific details from the comics and Marvel must have supplied somekind of insight/infos/etc.

Could be wrong though.

Cool. So back to this maquette. Was never really interested in movie statues but this looks awesome. Especially the pose. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, has SSC improved their Ironman pieces in some way recently? I own the mark VI from back in the day but every other IM piece I've seen SSC do has been an absolute **** show in quality (mainly paint). Did I miss something that restored everyone's faith? If so, this could be an intriguing piece indeed.

Wait, has SSC improved their Ironman pieces in some way recently? I own the mark VI from back in the day but every other IM piece I've seen SSC do has been an absolute **** show in quality (mainly paint). Did I miss something that restored everyone's faith? If so, this could be an intriguing piece indeed.

I owned the IM3 maquette and it had no real issues. Sure if I took super close up pics of the piece it looked like some lines were off but at regular eye level it looked just fine. I find that seems to be the case with many peoples complaints... Normal viewing distance and naked eye = damn nice statue.... Close up with cameras = worst statues ever.

I owned the IM3 maquette and it had no real issues. Sure if I took super close up pics of the piece it looked like some lines were off but at regular eye level it looked just fine. I find that seems to be the case with many peoples complaints... Normal viewing distance and naked eye = damn nice statue.... Close up with cameras = worst statues ever.

That could be said about any statue ever

That could be said about any statue ever

Basically what I was thinking. The hysteria over IM paint apps I always thought were way over the top. Iron Patriot seemed to be the only one I thought deserved most of the complaints.

However I will say that I can take massive close ups of my XM punisher and there are little to no flaws. Not a XM fanboy but they do seem to get the paint apps 99.5 % right. Still prefer most of SSC sculpts though.

I definitely disagree with this. I think the mark VI is pretty solid even close up. Just felt like it went through a more vigorous QA process. And yes most statues tend to have clothes or more flesh where slight waviness in paint has less of a negative effect but on hard surface characters, it makes a huge difference IMO. You may have gotten one of the better ones but the majority I saw on here seemed awful. Other SSC pieces released around the same time were fine so clearly it's an issue where a statue required more precise painting that causes issues I think. Again, it would be sweet if suddenly they figured out a better way to accomplish this. Was legacy effects connected to all of the IM pieces?

Basically what I was thinking. The hysteria over IM paint apps I always thought were way over the top. Iron Patriot seemed to be the only one I thought deserved most of the complaints.

However I will say that I can take massive close ups of my XM punisher and there are little to no flaws. Not a XM fanboy but they do seem to get the paint apps 99.5 % right. Still prefer most of SSC sculpts though.

Patriot was definitely a stand out in terms of paint issues but I haven't had a complaint about any of my other SS IM 1/4 statues and I have all of them.

Back