Statue Iron Man 1:4 Mk III Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the XM Hawkeye and love it. If you can find it for a good deal, you should get it.

Would love to get the XM Hulk Transformation but it is too big for my space.

My waitlist for this converted. How does this look with the comic statues? I mainly collect the comic PFs. Looking to mix it in but not sure if it'll look out of place

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That is awesome WarMachine714, Congrats!! How long ago did you jump on the waitlist? Thanks!!

Great, IMO

044027e5d38e9cb742ea4e190a997ada.jpg

(Cabinet build in progress)
Thanks for the pic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You know, I was sitting here in my chair looking at this statue and I can't help to be bothered by all the mud in the boots. It isn't the mud that bothers me, it's how there is no progression from the boots to the calves. Rather than taking the mud from the boot with and eraser, is there a way to add some mud over the calves? Has anyone tried that? What could I use to get a similar effect?

You know, I was sitting here in my chair looking at this statue and I can't help to be bothered by all the mud in the boots. It isn't the mud that bothers me, it's how there is no progression from the boots to the calves. Rather than taking the mud from the boot with and eraser, is there a way to add some mud over the calves? Has anyone tried that? What could I use to get a similar effect?

If I was going to do that I would get the shade of paint you want to use and apply it by carefully dabbing with a piece of sponge. If you do this be sure to test it on something else first. Not all sponges will give the same pattern of course.

you could VERY easily find some craft acrylic paint at michael's or equivalent craft store. they are made in a million colors. only costs $1 or so. you could water it down and then use a qtip to lightly apply it to the desired level you want to blend. it would dry and look spot on. and it's not permanent. if you desire to remove it, just wet a paper towel down the road and lightly rub at it until it comes off. super simple.

Some of the Tamiya type weathering kits would work also. Wipe it off if you don’t like it.

Hobby Lobby carries in model section.

My MK III just arrived - I ordered a regular (from SSC back in March right before it went to WL) and got an EX! :yess: Everything looks great and it doesn't appear to be a return or anything. I'll post some pics later.

Last edited:
who needs sideshow's exclusives???

i can do better on my own and also give him some arc reactor detail that should have been there from the beginning!!

should have a kit of this available soon for those that are interested...

DkRAqTD.jpg

cc3xzLn.jpg

jA9POos.jpg

And your Iron Monger helmet looks more film accurate unlike Sideshows who had all those cables coming out and filling up the cavity where Obediah partially sticks his head through.

And your Iron Monger helmet looks more film accurate unlike Sideshows who had all those cables coming out and filling up the cavity where Obediah partially sticks his head through.

yeah that's what i was going for... made it what i perceived as more realistic vs all the goofy wiring that SS did on their version. it was a helmet, not a robot head! lol i made it like a helmet w just some connections that were broken when ripped off his head as you can see in the unfinished pic below...

but pisses me off when SS does this stuff. i'll guarantee this was originally the design and someone over there decided to rip off the head off the base and milk people to sell more units by making it an exclusive. there's the giant spot on the statue that is open and looks unnatural... my head sits in there perfectly and looks like it was original!

ypBcrhQ.jpg

yeah that's what i was going for... made it what i perceived as more realistic vs all the goofy wiring that SS did on their version. it was a helmet, not a robot head! lol i made it like a helmet w just some connections that were broken when ripped off his head as you can see in the unfinished pic below...

but pisses me off when SS does this stuff. i'll guarantee this was originally the design and someone over there decided to rip off the head off the base and milk people to sell more units by making it an exclusive. there's the giant spot on the statue that is open and looks unnatural... my head sits in there perfectly and looks like it was original!

ypBcrhQ.jpg

Yup, very good work.

Because of Sideshows inaccuracy this was not an Ex or Fail for me, and I decided to get the regular locally as it cost me significantly less than importing it myself.

Much better helmet. SSC should've know better from the start. Art Director brain farted on the EX, no doubt!

Back