Statue Iron Man 1:4 Mk III Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Mark 1 was pretty nice. The RDJ face sculpt left a lot to be desired though, IMO. But that piece is still spectacular looking.

Yeah, I remember. Compufly did a really nice repaint of that HS back then.

I would've only displayed the helmet version anyway :lol

Yeah, I remember. Compufly did a really nice repaint of that HS back then.

I would've only displayed the helmet version anyway :lol

I vaguely remember that repaint. I remember some of those other repaints of his though. :rock

From the 'other' forum...

IMG_9434.jpg

IMG_9436.jpg

IMG_9437.jpg

IMG_9439.jpg

IMG_9440.jpg

IMG_9441.jpg

IMG_9442.jpg

IMG_9443.jpg

IMG_9444.jpg

IMG_9446.jpg

thanks for the pics. this is a must must have for me. Hopefully the exclusive is just as awesome.

Don't count on it being on the production pieces. This will be painted by Legacy, there's no way SS will match it.

unfortunately I agree. It looks perfect as is though and that's hard to do with a IM statue these days.

stupid question. light up feature confirmed? no batteries, ac adapter hopefully.

would be awesome if the iron monger's arc reactor had a flickering effect but hey let me dream a little lol

It could possibly fit in a BESTA sideways or at an angle, but facing forward probably not... you'd need a double back-2-back setup.

stupid question. light up feature confirmed? no batteries, ac adapter hopefully.

would be awesome if the iron monger's arc reactor had a flickering effect but hey let me dream a little lol

It would also be kind of wasted, as it's right at the back and pointing rearwards. I do think a better positioning of the base could have been found, as much as I like this. I always quite liked the bowls beneath the IM bases also, I thought they added a touch of class, the metallic ones especially.

Yes, I believe it was lit up on one of their live broadcasts, plus their preview page photo has him lit up and there's not note that says it was special effects around bottom. I think almost all of their iron man maquettes were made to light up. The flickering light is a cool idea.

attachment.php

Is it safe to preorder or better wait the productions pieces? I don't think there is a risk of it being sold out fast these days with the last Sideshow Iron man statues.
But I don't think I can resist to preorder too :lol

Don't count on it being on the production pieces. This will be painted by Legacy, there's no way SS will match it.

I knowwww but still looks cool on that showroom piece!

I don't see why it wouldn't have light up. The Mark II came with both batteries and an adapter just like the rest of the 1:4 lineup. Should be okay!

Is it safe to preorder or better wait the productions pieces? I don't think there is a risk of it being sold out fast these days with the last Sideshow Iron man statues.

Call me a fool but these are always instant order for me. Wish they made a XLV and XLVI.

Last edited:

Unless there's an EX you really want, it's usually safe to wait. If it goes to waitlist, just hop on early and it should convert. You just won't be able to use Reward Points or flex pay if it converts, though I've heard they do exceptions for flex pay if it's an expensive piece.

I need an ironman statue, so it's either this one or the iron studios civil war version.. it's a tough decision I like both of them, currently learning toward iron studios version, only cause I know their QC is better then SSC.. The new IS civil war cap I just received blew me away, I haven't seen such pristine sculpting and paint on any SSC statue, and I own a lot of them. I still love sideshow but IS and Prime 1 are on another level right now especially with movie statues. I'd say a fair comparison is the big leagues (IS & P1) and the minor league (SSC)

ALSO With the new SSC price point being $550 I have no problem paying more for a better quality statue. I know the IS iron man is expensive but I'll be surprised if this Mark 3 isnt 650 or more

Back