Iron Man 1:1 Bust Delayed.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I'm a huge Iron Man fanboy and can't wait for this piece I'm seriously glad about the breathing room. I've got so much hitting that it was in danger.

I'm glad, really. It's only two months, and now I can buy both this one and the T800. I was hesitating between them, now I can buy both :).
Now I think of it, I don't know if that's a good thing :D.

manufacturing delays are inevitable when it comes to this type of quality product. plus consider the recent death of stan winston, which may also be playing a part. for $700 retail, i'm sure they want everything perfect. me too. :)

This is my only concern with this peice... Quality control!!!! they probably can't figure out how to ship it without scratches. ;) or they have more orders then they originally thought they would have.

This is my only concern with this peice... Quality control!!!! they probably can't figure out how to ship it without scratches. ;) or they have more orders then they originally thought they would have.

That's a very good point.... I can't believe the damage control they had to do with the SIM!!! All I know is that if I'm going to pay $700 for a bust, it BETTER be PERFECT!

They'll need to wrap the bust with tissue and avoid hard plastic holders and machine oil that rubs off the paint. I wonder if this bust is manufactured by Winston Studios and just distributed by Sideshow?

oh.. and I hate the fact that it's closer to Christmas... right when money is always tight! DAMN YOU SIDESHOW!!!!!

So this delay is only for people that do the flex pay right? Sideshow's page still says September 2008 is the est ship date for people that do the regular pay but flex pay starts September 10th -November 10th.

I sure hope September as I have this on order through Gridironcollectables.

-Joe

They'll need to wrap the bust with tissue and avoid hard plastic holders and machine oil that rubs off the paint. I wonder if this bust is manufactured by Winston Studios and just distributed by Sideshow?

They can delay it for years but no matter how well they think they've packed it it'll still be a small miracle if it arrives without a single paint defect. The way they do the paint job is just asking for some delivery wear & tear, they don't cover it well enough with a protective glaze because they don't want to lower the overall look of the metallic paint, for me though the protective glaze if applied well actually makes paint look more metallic and gives it much needed delivery protection.

I'm desperate for this piece so come on Sideshow get it sorted
:taz

signaturejk0.jpg

Last edited:
olivia munn licked the iron man 1:1 bust on g4's coverage of SDCC.

this piece is calling my name big time...looks so freakin' sweet.

:lol There are a ton of women much more attractive than Olivia and I find her mindnumbingly annoying. Looks alone I would give her about a 7. Once she opens her mouth and continues to talk she downgrades to about a 5....4.9 I can't believe people enjoy her on TV....the only way I could watch her is on mute and even then the annoyness seeps through the silence like a fog choking every bit of my braincells. Ugh. I would love to watch coverage of SDCC unfortunately her and Kevin are hosting it.

:lol There are a ton of women much more attractive than Olivia and I find her mindnumbingly annoying. Looks alone I would give her about a 7. Once she opens her mouth and continues to talk she downgrades to about a 5....4.9 I can't believe people enjoy her on TV....the only way I could watch her is on mute and even then the annoyness seeps through the silence like a fog choking every bit of my braincells. Ugh. I would love to watch coverage of SDCC unfortunately her and Kevin are hosting it.

I never seen the show, but what does she do so badly? Let us know your true feelings. Don't be afraid. lol

i do find them both annoying too but i like the show's material...i wish they would bring back some of the previous crew but i guess those guys/gals weren't hip/edgy enough.

Last edited:
Went to High School with Kevin. He was exactly the same although muted to bursts of his show "behavior"....I give him extreme credit for making it onto deep cable and getting to do this awesome stuff and get paid for it but I still find him annoying. I can't sit through a whole episode of the show by any means, I've tried on multiple occasions.

As for Olivia, she is just one of those girls who thinks their funny and tries to acts goofy in order to get a laugh but its gone far to far and not even garnering a chuckle but she is a good looking so people just smile through their teeth. Every thing that comes out of her mouth I feel like grabbing her head and shaking it yelling "You're not Goddamn Funny!", then kicking the crap out of the producers. Every time she is on screen it just reeks of trying too hard.

Back