iPhone 3G - Who's getting one?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read that if you terminate your AT&T Contract you have to give back the handset as well.

If I recall, that's only within the first 30 days. After that you pay the cancellation fee of $175 and you can keep the phone.

There's some news on the introduction of the Iphone on the Belgian market (July 11th)!

Good news, the thing will be unlocked!
Bad news...

• 8GB version: $ 821
  • 16GB version: $ 962
Somebody is clearly not ashamed to ask for money... Have you guys an indication on how much these cost in the US?

So which color are you guys getting? I'm leaning towards white. The black model appears to be prone to more noticeable smudges and fingerprints.

I like the iPhone but still am not 100% sure about the stability of it. I have a feeling we'll be seeing newer and better iPhones out sooner than later and that would piss me off to no end. I have the Blackjack II which I absolutely love and if Samsung had brought their "iPhone Killer" The Instinct I would have gone that route over the newer iPhone though.

I'm not going to jump on it the day it comes out. I've waited for over a year now, and I can wait a little longer too. I'll see how the price evolves in the next 1/2 year. $800+ is just to much for a smart phone. I would have gone with $450 - $500. I'm very curious how the Iphone will do on the belgian and European market. One thing is for sure, Apple plays it pretty aggressive. I'm hit by Apple Iphone mails daily, and I don't remember ever giving them my mail address...!

I can't... I'll be one of that's Apple "enthusiasts" (nerds) in line at the Telstra [T]life shop here in Melbourne! Can't wait!!! Oh Boy! Oh Boy!

Can you tell I'm excited?

Ok guys, what do you think of the new iPhone? I just picked up mine this morning at 8am. I arrived at the Apple store at 4am and there were already 20 people in line.

If you get an iPhone, you must download Pandora and AOL Radio. They are both free, and really cool.

How is the GPS working? Can it be used for travelling? Is it detailed? Does it give directions? What about the maps? How do you get the most recent maps? Is an update free?

At $800 - $900 I'll be waiting. Maybe it'll be a bit cheaper down the road.

I've had AIM, Skype, and other instant messaging programs on my first-gen iPhone as well as MMS for about a year now. Also, I've yet to meet a bluetooth headset that I cannot pair to. Other than that, that top 10 reasons to hate list is pretty accurate.

When Android is finally released, Apple is going to have to change a few things.

Last edited:

this list is crap... i have used about 10 different headsets, and have yet to have a problem with my Nav. system in my car. only thing i don't like is that it won't import the phone book so i had to program all the numbers myself...but thats Kenwood's fault, not Apple's. having a replaceable battery would cut into the sleek design of the phone itself....people that are buying the phone are probably not worried about this.

~~my only gripe is that it doesn't have a memory expansion slot...which means we have to wait for Apple to upgrade the memory, and then pay a premium price to upgrade.

I'm not going to jump on it the day it comes out. I've waited for over a year now, and I can wait a little longer too. I'll see how the price evolves in the next 1/2 year. $800+ is just to much for a smart phone. I would have gone with $450 - $500. I'm very curious how the Iphone will do on the belgian and European market. One thing is for sure, Apple plays it pretty aggressive. I'm hit by Apple Iphone mails daily, and I don't remember ever giving them my mail address...!

me too.... i did get a text from AT&T about an upgrade, but i deleted before completely reading it. anyone know what the deal is??? i will probably skip this one, but get the next version which will probably come out this time next year.

I think that list is pretty slim... It's reaching at best to find 'real' problems. Some are warranted, but nothing you can't live with out.
As for the MMS missing in action, who cares, when you can send an email for free from a wi fi hotshot or via the G3 network if you have unlimited data plan.

Back