Ipad vs DX01 joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSC EX Hunter

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay my birthday is tomorrow and my parents have given me a choice: either an ipad with 3G service or a dx01 joker. Help me people which should I choose?!

Go with the DX. There's gonna be a better IPad coming out in a few months anyway with better features.

I would agree with ro. The DX is getting more expensive, and an ipad with a camera is coming out

I would wait to get the new iPad. :). You can get the joker for around 350 and I believe an iPad with 3G is somewhere around 700 or more. Think it would be easier to save and buy the joker later. That is if ultimately you will try to own both. :)

Joker eeeeasy choice! Technology is ALWAYS changing most of the time for the better. And especially with apple products you're never safe gettin the newest one b/c tomorrow it's already old news so to speak. Joker's price is just going to increase, while the iPad like most things will go on sale here and there

My fear is that after opening and displaying Joker (even though I will do it with great care) that he will lose value having been opened

You will get much more use out of, and spend much more time with the Ipad

My fear is that after opening and displaying Joker (even though I will do it with great care) that he will lose value having been opened

Doubt it. I saw the Joker alone, not the whole set, not even the DX stand, get sold for $150 on eBay. I also say jus the clothes and head get sold for $120. I think it's safe that the value won't go down when pu open it. It's not a car, once you drive that off the lot, you just lost a good grand or so but this however, I believe won't go down in value

hmmm. I mean I have an iphone, but the ipad would be nice. Anyone else for Ipad and reasons why?

You have an iPhone? What's the point of an iPad then? I have an iPhone as well and see it as a waist of money b/c it's just a bigger version of the iPhone, at least to me

I love this hobby, but I would go with the iPad hands down. Unless you already have a bunch of technology which would make the iPad overkill.

I agree with gipetto, I have an iPhone and it's great I hardly ever use my laptop.
Go with dx
If u didn't have the iPhone, I would say iPad but u do so
Joker gets my vote

This is a birthday present. Are you interested in something purely for its investment value?

I suspect not. So the "value" after opening shouldn't matter.

Plus, the value of an Ipad isn't going to stay high for very long, given that it will probably be replaced by a newer, faster, cheaper model pretty soon.

Back