Ip Man-Donnie Yen custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knucklefunger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here's some images of a private commissioned piece done of Donnie Yen as Ip Man. Used Z's amazing sculpt. This is probably one of the few pieces I'm gonna have a hard time giving up.

Enjoy

Looks great. I've got the wooden dummy and exact same outfit ready for my IP man custom. The head's with Josh Small for paint up so I expect it to be completed in about 2 months :)

i love that movie,
really nice sculpt and custom too,
it's his "i'm gonna open up a can of whoop-ass" expression,
right before he unleashes

Thanks all. This piece was a lobor of love. Love the film & the sculpt. It's gonna hurt to send it away tomorrow. At least I have images.

Elvis, thanks man, 2nd shot at painting it. I wasn't happy with my first go. I felt it didn't showcase Z's work as well as it could have.

Z
Thank you
I will definitely add some blood sweat & bruises. I've got the jacket I want, need to find the correct jeans ( I've got some somewhere here) I want to properly present the Flashpoint look. I'm gonna have to watch the show repeatedly to get it right.

Z, any images you want are yours. Use them as you will.

It's the clothing. I used a slim body to look more accurate. The clothes however are cut I think for regular body. The head is perfect. You'll see when I've done the Flashpoint piece. I really love the slimmer bodies. They look so much more normal.

is it just the photos or does that sculpt suffer from tiny head syndrome?

No, I have this head and it is not undersize. The outfit used in the pics above is too big and baggy. I used a different outfit for my Ip Man which is more form fitting.

It is from my parts bin. I don't remember where I got it from.

I will post pics when I get a chance.

Cool. I found another one am shipping both to the client. That way if they have a preference. It's nice to have options. It's a more traditional style as opposed to the long one.

Cool. I found another one am shipping both to the client. That way if they have a preference. It's nice to have options. It's a more traditional style as opposed to the long one.

Joey,

You are a first class indivdual in every way! Thanks a bunch!

This has got to be the hardest piece to send away. I love doing it. I don't like repeating pieces so I won't be making another. Donnie from Flashpoint for myself, but that's the closest

Back