Interest: Enjoy the Little Things: 1/6 Spongy Delicious Yellow B@$t**d.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corrose

Super Freak
Reaction score
Have had a lot of requests from you guys on a 1/6 box prop for your ZL figs. I have been working on a prototype that is finished. The 1/6 printed/folded pieces get to be a hassle when you do one here, one there, so I would like to try to get a run going and do them all at once.

Those of you who know me, and have some of my items know I pour quality into these pieces.

The details:
- 1/6 Scale box
- Offering as die-cut and unfolded, and die-cut, folded and assembled.
I use a professional quality printer and plotter, all boxes are machine cut, not cut by hand.
- I use nothing but 'Rambo' tape on my paper based projects, in most cases the item sticking to the tape will tear or break before the tape ever lets go, top quality material.

Who is interested, and are you looking for cut and un-assembled or assembled. Final prices will depend on the size of the interest list.

Prototype was printed on the lowest quality setting which still looks great, but final pieces will be stunning, high resolution. Prototype shown may not be the actual, final size, may need to adjust scale against an actual 1/6 figure.

Like most projects I work on, I'm unlikely to come back around and do more as a one-off after the primary run, mark yourself down now if interested.

Interest List:

1) Bullet - 2x Assembled and Folded - PAID
2) greatlakes6 - 1x Assembled and Folded
3) Blaze91 - 3-5x - version depending on price
4) Mightyq - 2x - Assembled and folded PAID
5) Toyadventurer - 1x - Assembled and folded
6) hhh212329 - 1x - Assembled and folded
7) qbomb71 - 1x - Unassembled - PAID
8) emarae - 1x - Assembled and folded PAID
9)
10)

1ke6.jpg

lc67.jpg

j3ny.jpg

zb2e.jpg

EDIT: Final photos and order info:

Ok, so I scaled down the first prototype to be much more in 1/6 scale, made another proto and because the HT hands always feel slightly larger than they should be, I bumped the scale back up just a hair and am happy with the final result. I have 7 assembled and folded versions in hand right now, ready to ship.

Unfolded/Die Cut version price: $15 each, shipping included
Keep in mind, you will still need to score fold lines, put together and use a durable 2 sided tape to hold the flaps together.

Folded and assembled price: $22 each, Qty 2 or more $18 each, Qty 3 or more $15 each. Add $4.50 for U.S. Shipping, or add $6.50 for international.

Payment info: send payments to: [email protected]
I ask buyers to either cover the fees on their end or send using a gift option. I may kick your payment back if this is not done.
Your paypal notes MUST include your board name and mailing address. No need to PM to confirm anything, just send over a paypal and I will get you taken care of.

- Flat versions will be mailed flat in a smaller white envelope with some lighter cardboard style inserts to help keep the envelope a little more rigid.
- Assembled versions will come shipped inside a tin, inside a bubble mailer. I buy these little altoid sized kids puzzles at a local dollar store because the tins themselves are the perfect size and keep the item inside from being crushed.

On projects like these I like to do all my printing at once, my cutting at once, my assembly and shipping at once. If you are considering grabbing one of these, I would do it, because I'm very unlikely to go through the process at a later date for a one-off.

ovq5.jpg

wh2b.jpg

Last edited:
Great!!!
:) I would be in for 3 to 5, depending on final size and price (got a shopping cart to fill with these). Maybe I would go for unassambled ones if the price difference is quite high. This is really depending on the price for me. So let's hope for much interest!

Great!!!
:) I would be in for 3 to 5, depending on final size and price (got a shopping cart to fill with these). Maybe I would go for unassambled ones if the price difference is quite high. This is really depending on the price for me. So let's hope for much interest!

As if now the list is approximately 10 pieces. Ill give the list until Sunday and quote it out. Even if you need to go with unassembled, I can tell you that already having it professionally die cut is invaluable, because even with patience, it won't look nearly as clean if you tried hand cutting these.

Also I LOVE the idea of a few in a shopping cart, that's clever.

I'm going to work today on perfecting the scale. Does anyone know the exact LxWxH of a 1:1 Twinkie box?

That looks awesome already, great job man and a great idea too. You just keep putting out such cool stuff.

I'm interested in an assembled and folded box. Depends on the final price of course. For some reason the box looks a tad big in your hands for a 1/6 scale? I don't know the actual 1:1 dimensions either, but if you can show what you have next to a 1/6 figure, that would be great! Thanks!

Yeah I have scaled it down, I found some reference shots of a grown person's hand holding a box, so the proto was scaled down about 17%. I used the last of my stock on the prototyping. Going to call my vendor tomorrow and get a fresh new roll for this project.

Once I can verify my costing on new material, I will put a quote out.

Box ended up still being larger than I remembered, but I did my re-scaling based on a few different images, this one included.

FYI... I just read Twinkies will be back on shelves on July 15, so maybe we can find out 1:1 dimensions then. :)

I actually heard the radio interview on Howard Stern with the guy who made that happen. I forget his name but apparently his dad is a big time mover and shaker, and they have made their fortune taking evergreen, american brands who have been plugged into our culture for decades that are dying or dead, buys them up, and breathes new life into them.

Pretty smart business. You aren't having to advertise and sell in the concept of something brand new to americans, they already know the brands, and in most cases are already household names.

Box ended up still being larger than I remembered, but I did my re-scaling based on a few different images, this one included.

twinkies_zps1a905ba4.jpg

Cool! Yeah, this is the image is saw online that I'm sure you have seen! Anyways, whatever you end up doing should be a huge improvement over the tiny box I've been using so far. Can't wait to see how this looks with a 1/6 figure! :)

Back