Instant Toys Battle damaged T-800 1/4 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quit trying to act like you don't like T2. You don't buy a ton figures from movies you hate. :lol

I'm kind of glad to see these coming out, hopefully scalpers will lower prices on the originals. It wasn't too long ago when both Enterbay figures could be had for around $200 each.

Quit trying to act like you don't like T2. You don't buy a ton figures from movies you hate. :lol
either you or DiFabio already used that card.
i like terminators in 3d plastic figures, i like Cameron's movies, but i don't like the movie's plot at all, it's just a soulless leftover of T1.

- Pooh, what are you eating?
- Honey.
- But why does it look so strange?
- I'm eating it for the fourth time.

(local anecdote)

I don't think anything that draws the emotional response T2 did from so many can be accurately described as 'soulless'. If you were to say it was just a remake of T1 and not like it on those grounds, sure. I happen to not care that it's a remake of T1 and in fact admire all the parallels within the two movies together as a duology. I can permit one film-maker aping himself as long as he brings something new. Which brings me to those 'leftovers' from T1 - I'm speaking of the scene where Sarah persuades Kyle that they have to pre-emptively strike back against Skynet. By not including that in T1 it left room to cover it in T2.

edit- and what shows up in my youtube feed today only

Now, a criticism of yours that I definitely can't address is another one of those leftovers - the T-1000. If I'm not mistaken that was another idea Cameron had when doing T1 but the special effects technology didn't exist yet - for which I'm sure you are glad because I know you think the T-1000 delves too far into Marvel superheroes fantasy-land. Fine. I just roll with it because Robert Patrick put on such a good show and I think everything else about T2 remained pretty consistent in quality with T1. And the idea of the unstoppable T-800 reprogrammed and facing an even more advanced Terminator appealed to me as a John Connor-aged child - it was an interesting and new spin at the time - of course to be repeated ad nauseum ever since.

Last edited:
wait, i understand you agreed it's a leftover (which many casual fans don't even know), but i don't know what exactly you wanted to tell me.
or maybe you appealed to the public :)
and soulless means there isn't anything scary and dangerous throughout the whole movie because it's the same thing second time with no real danger now, the very plot was lost completely.
i'd never criticise the quality though, it's a Cameron movie.
well, lots of people don't like Aliens compared to Alien 1 for seemingly same reasons.

This just came out waiting for pics etc

Only seen this one so far doesn't look too bad.
FB_IMG_1666294460039.jpg

Back