Info on life size Yoda statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that as well! It's definitely a re-cast of the Sideshow life size with cheaper clothing. If it matches the pictures in the listing, it's a steal for $240 bucks! I have the Sideshow version and love it, but could live with this one for 1/10th the price!
I don't like hearing that they re-cast the Sideshow one. That's not cool at all. I don't want to support bootlegging... But I already ordered it 2 hours ago! Sooo I guess I'm committed now... Hopefully it arrives in one piece... It came to $296 with shipping, after the coupon... I also have the Sideshow Legendary Scale one on order, so Sideshow is still getting money from me... I have to buy all things Yoda, that I can afford... I cannot afford the $2500 statue, sadly...

The best life-size Yoda out there are the ones made by Philip Thomas Robinson aka Cyberman. Check Facebook YODA BUILDERS group, plenty of pics.

I don't like hearing that they re-cast the Sideshow one. That's not cool at all. I don't want to support bootlegging... But I already ordered it 2 hours ago! Sooo I guess I'm committed now... Hopefully it arrives in one piece... It came to $296 with shipping, after the coupon... I also have the Sideshow Legendary Scale one on order, so Sideshow is still getting money from me... I have to buy all things Yoda, that I can afford... I cannot afford the $2500 statue, sadly...

It's not very good - you're definitely getting what you pay for. It can however be repainted and customised to look good, it just won't be much out of the box.

Yeah, I got the Sideshow life size when a 20% off coupon popped up on their site back in the day. Still salty, but I do really enjoy the piece.

It's not very good - you're definitely getting what you pay for. It can however be repainted and customised to look good, it just won't be much out of the box.
Yeah, I figured as much... I will probably have a friend do that... I can't repaint squat!

Yeah, I got the Sideshow life size when a 20% off coupon popped up on their site back in the day. Still salty, but I do really enjoy the piece.
Wow a 20% coupon good on anything? I don't think I ever got one like that... You certainly made good use of it!!!

Yeah, I figured as much... I will probably have a friend do that... I can't repaint squat!

Wow a 20% coupon good on anything? I don't think I ever got one like that... You certainly made good use of it!!!

Yes, the trick was to put Yoda in your shopping cart and then either linger around the browser or close the browser (I don't recall which one). When you came back to that window, the 20% coupon popped up. It doesn't happen anymore that I am aware of.

Yea that's how I got suckered to get Yoda too, but my coupon was only 5%, which I think was around $120 off.
Still I love him, he gets lots of comments, one of my grail pieces.

I finally setup my Yoda. At first glance, I was very pleased. But the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th glances weren't as nice...

The Yoda statue itself appeared to be fine, before setting it up. After setting it up I found several issues, listed below:
1) The cane is too short. In the auction picture, the cane goes from his hand down to the base. Mine isn't even close. Also, Yoda's hand aims it outward, away from the base, so it will be awkward even if I try to super glue it.
2) The base has a large area where the paint chipped off.
3) His inner toes on both feet are raised in the air, and do not touch the base.
4) He has considerably less hair than in the photo. He barely has any hair at all.
I guess I'm a bit disappointed overall, especially about the cane... I have included a picture showing each issue...

IMG_20180520_145959.jpg
IMG_20180520_151633.jpg
IMG_20180520_152051.jpg
IMG_20180520_160814.jpg

Can you put up a couple pics of the entire statue from different angles please?

Thanks for the pictures. It looks decent, but those problems you mentioned would annoy me. Maybe if I can pick it up with one of those 15% eBay coupons and hope it doesn't show up with the chips and flaws.

Thanks for the pictures. It looks decent, but those problems you mentioned would annoy me. Maybe if I can pick it up with one of those 15% eBay coupons and hope it doesn't show up with the chips and flaws.
I used a coupon when I bought it... And the seller just agreed to give me a $30 partial refund. Not a huge amount, but better than nothing... He also told me the statue is PVC. I should have guessed that...

Anybody have suggestions on what I can use to give him more hair? I've never done anything like that before...

I got one and repainted it put long hair like a young yoda and a younger paint job added a saber and a pouch. Only issue I have is the cane is too short. But I got it to stay by propping it up on a log. Looks good now I think.

Back