Indiana Jones Console Game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember Fate of Atlantis was one of my first PC games. I actually got it for free when I subscribed to PC Gamer way back in the mid-90's. I don't remember the game, but I remember having a lot fun with it. Who knows what I would think if I played it now. But I sure miss having entertaining games like that. Now nearly every game is shoot, kill, shoot, be killed, respawn, shoot, kill...boring.

Well, I've bought the new game and played through it. For all the die-hard console addicts who were hoping for a version of Uncharted with Indiana Jones, this game definitely isn't it. It's geared toward slightly younger players, I think, which is fine for the Wii. But if you can accept that, I think the game has a great sense of fun to it. I had a more entertaining experience playing this than I did playing Tomb Raider: Underworld, that's for certain. I'd rate it a soft recommend for fanatical Indy fans.

Unlocking and playing Fate of Atlantis is a great added bonus. I'd forgotten just how good this game really was for its day, and it's still fun to play today.

Well, I've bought the new game and played through it. For all the die-hard console addicts who were hoping for a version of Uncharted with Indiana Jones, this game definitely isn't it. It's geared toward slightly younger players, I think, which is fine for the Wii. But if you can accept that, I think the game has a great sense of fun to it. I had a more entertaining experience playing this than I did playing Tomb Raider: Underworld, that's for certain. I'd rate it a soft recommend for fanatical Indy fans.

Unlocking and playing Fate of Atlantis is a great added bonus. I'd forgotten just how good this game really was for its day, and it's still fun to play today.

Unlocking Fate of Atlantis is that just for the Wii version or all versions?

Got mine today and went through the first level. Better than Emperor's Tomb which I never finished. I actually tried going back to it to finish it before I bought Staff of Kings and I got so frustrated my wife threatened to sell it herself!

I also got Ghostbusters and I can't put that game down!

Anybody pick this up for PS2? I can't seem to find a review for this game anywhere, need to know whether or not I am going to get burned by buying this game. :dunno

Mine is for PS2. It's fine, the graphics are better than Emperor's Tomb but not by much.

I've having trouble with the plane level early on. It's very slippery and easy to crash into the stone walls. It feels like it should have been a Wii Fit level.

Who does Indy's voice in that game? I always thought the Staff of Moses would've made a great MacGuffin for the 4th movie...

Mine is for PS2. It's fine, the graphics are better than Emperor's Tomb but not by much.

I've having trouble with the plane level early on. It's very slippery and easy to crash into the stone walls. It feels like it should have been a Wii Fit level.

Is it fun though? I loved Emperor's Tomb. :whip

I am very disappointed. I really wanted a game that would be up there with Uncharted gameplay wise. But low and behold it comes out not for Xbox360 and PS3, but for the Wii and is aimed at little kids. Proving that when I bought the Wii, I bought a child's toy.

Who does Indy's voice in that game? I always thought the Staff of Moses would've made a great MacGuffin for the 4th movie...

The voice is provided by John Armstrong. I don't think he provided the voice in any of the earlier games, but for someone who's not actually Harrison Ford, he did a great job. Very good at mimicking Harrison's speech patterns and inflections, and at times you would have sworn he was Ford.

Back