Indiana Jones Ark crate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Brooks

Freakalicious
Reaction score
There are a lot of people that have probably already done one of these but I thought I would put up my meager effort anyway. I got my Hasbro 1/6 Ark a few weeks ago and knew I had to make a home for it or else it would look naked up on my shelf. Done with bass wood so it's almost as light as balsa but is stronger but still cuts easily. The wording and insignia were a stencil I made, traced on, and drew in with india ink. Drew the Emblem on both sides and burned the emblem with a zippo lighter on one side.

Hope you like it!
-Mark
arkcrate2.jpg

arkcrate1.jpg

nice work, those last shots look 1:1 and very movie prop like.

It looks like you swapped out the gloves on your Indy figure with some cloth ones. What did you use?

It looks like you swapped out the gloves on your Indy figure with some cloth ones. What did you use?

The gloves are from an old DiD figure though I can't recall which one since I bought them out of a bin at a 1/6 figure convention. The hands are from a Real Guy body so the fingers actually bend inside the gloves. The jacket, pants, shirt, and whip are custom as well. I bought them from a customizer a few years back and have been waiting on a good Indy head for a while(Thanks Sideshow!). Can you believe the jacket is actually make out of cotton? After sewing it's painted brown and buffed with dark brown shoe polish to give it a leather look but the fact that it's light weight cotton makes it fold and fall like a real leather jacket would. it's pretty amazing when seen in person.

Could you use a pencil to push in little nail holes, I'm not even sure it had nail marks.
looks great though! luv the stencil

Could you use a pencil to push in little nail holes, I'm not even sure it had nail marks.
looks great though! luv the stencil

Yeah, I was thinking it could use some nails as well. I'm thinking I could take some straight pics and clip off the heads, then glue them in the appropriate places.

Excellent job on the crate but I think I'm even more impressed with your custom jacket! Wonderful idea to use cotton for scale effect and shoe polish for leather-like look. Great job!

Great work on the crate and Indy :)
Mark Brooks eigentum is very nice.

(believe the DID Figure David Merrill had the gloves)

Love that crate! The nails in that thing would probably have been driven deep. I think I would pop some divits at the appropriate spots and drop some black paint into them. That should create the illusion without having to cut down a ton of pins.
By the way, I think that's my outfit you've got there, or at least parts of it :D

Love that crate! The nails in that thing would probably have been driven deep. I think I would pop some divits at the appropriate spots and drop some black paint into them. That should create the illusion without having to cut down a ton of pins.
By the way, I think that's my outfit you've got there, or at least parts of it :D

yeah, on second thought I think that might be the way to go with the nails. As far as the outfit, were you selling custom Indies on Ebay a few years back? I got mine from the same guy that made Adam Hughes custom Indy so if that's you, this is definitely your handy work. If so, thanks a ton! It really is the most amazing 1/6 clothing I have ever seen. I think everything on the fig is your work with the exception of the holster, head/hat, and bag.

EDIT: yep, just checked your site, it's definitely your handy-work=)

yeah, on second thought I think that might be the way to go with the nails. As far as the outfit, were you selling custom Indies on Ebay a few years back? I got mine from the same guy that made Adam Hughes custom Indy so if that's you, this is definitely your handy work. If so, thanks a ton! It really is the most amazing 1/6 clothing I have ever seen. I think everything on the fig is your work with the exception of the holster, head/hat, and bag.

EDIT: yep, just checked your site, it's definitely your handy-work=)

Glad you like it, man! Couldn't tell with the holster, but it looks the right shape/color to be mine. Then again, it could Mike Fisher's. He does great leather holsters and gun belts. For anyone interesed, I'e got a list going in the Indy section for full outfits and parts.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46086

Back