Indiana Jones Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
indy4.jpg

indy5.jpg

indy7.jpg

indy6.jpg

indy9.jpg

indy1.jpg

Let me be the first to say: Nice job and I hope Sideshow is watching this site

Nice job, indeed! What company made that super rare 12" Indiana Jones with all the goodies? Did anyone here buy that? I'm curious how he looks next to the star wars ones now.

And yah, Disney/Hasbro put out a crappy Joe as Indiana Jones a few summers ago. Ugh.

But now... it might have been discussed already but how committed would you all be to the Indiana Jones line if they did it? Would most of you just get Indy and stop? I think I'd be interested in getting Indy and friends but less inclined to get any bad guys. Unless they do a really good job with them that is, but with my growing collection and space running on thin ice as it is, I might not be able to display EVERYthing.

Here's my wish list:
-Indiana Jones (would be real easy to make variants with different cut shirts, etc)
-Professor Jones (harrison ford with glasses in an old fashioned suit? Would be cool -- variant of that would be his tux in Club Obi-Wan)
-Short Round (many found him annoying, but I thought he was funny)
-Dr. Jones (sean connery is probably a must)
-Sallah ("bad dates" -- nuff said)

And I'm sure they'd make a Marion but I don't know if she'd make a good lookin' figure. Maybe a handsome one.

Coheteboy said:
Nice job, indeed! What company made that super rare 12" Indiana Jones with all the goodies? Did anyone here buy that? I'm curious how he looks next to the star wars ones now.

You're talking about the Toys McCoy Indy. I bought an opened one with box during the Clinton economy for $650 and he was the bomb!! (I had to sell it for $700 when the economy turned. It was too expensive to keep.)

It wasn't his accesories that were so nice, but, yeah, they were so nice. It was his clothing! The stictching and fabric and it was real leather this and real hand stitched leather that.

The body was fine for the day. It would need a Hot Toys body swap today. I only had four Sideshow figures back then but I remember the head as being the best head sculpt I had ever seen with the best paint apps ever.

How would it compare? Well, the attention to detail and the craftsmanship that went into the figure... I mean the clothing alone -- coupled with the fact that outfits are, IMHO, Sideshow's weak spot... It would kick the ass of anything in Sideshow's price point right now.

gdb said:
You're talking about the Toys McCoy Indy. I bought an opened one with box during the Clinton economy for $650 and he was the bomb!!

I had a Toys McCoy Indy for a while and wasn't that impressed with it, especially for the price. Yes the clothes were nicely done and the accessories were fairly decent, but that head sculpt was horrid. While there was a resemblence to Ford in it, the expression was terrible. It looked like he either smelled something rancid or just filled his pants. I got rid of that and went to the Frontline head, and now this Indy/Sideshow custom, at least until Sideshow releases a Indy line.

gdb said:
But now... it might have been discussed already but how committed would you all be to the Indiana Jones line if they did it? Would most of you just get Indy and stop? I think I'd be interested in getting Indy and friends but less inclined to get any bad guys. Unless they do a really good job with them that is, but with my growing collection and space running on thin ice as it is, I might not be able to display EVERYthing.

Seeing how the Indiana Jones movies are my favorite films of all time, I'd be buying any figure in the line.
Indiana Jones (Raiders)
Indiana Jones (Temple)
Indiana Jones (Crusade){any fan can tell you there are differences between the clthes and gear in all three film}
Professor Indiana Jones (college teacher)
Tuxedo Indiana Jones
Dr. Henry Jones (Connery){likeness issues like the Highlander line?}
Sallah
Marcus Brody
Marion Ravenwood (Raven bar outfit)
Marion Ravenwood (Well of Souls outfit)
Toht
Belloq (safari outfit)
Belloq (desert outfit)
Short Round
Willie Scott
Willie Scott (sequin dress)
Mola Ram
Chattar Lau
Knight of the Last Crusade
Ilsa
German disguise Indiana
German Mechanic
just a few off the top of my head, not to mention the environment displays for the Ark (Well of Souls, the Idol temple, Temple of Doom, Grail room)

Murderofcrows71 said:
I had a Toys McCoy Indy for a while and wasn't that impressed with it, especially for the price. Yes the clothes were nicely done and the accessories were fairly decent, but that head sculpt was horrid. While there was a resemblence to Ford in it, the expression was terrible. It looked like he either smelled something rancid or just filled his pants.

Toys McCoy went for the Oh Snap expression of Indy in trouble -- I think they were going for, "about to fill his pants," but your "just filled his pants" observation isn't far off. Still I'd take that over the bloated-from-drink look that Sideshow's Han gives us. I'm truly hoping for a definative head from Sideshow on the Indy line that will put to bed the Frontline bootlegs and the other heads that are out there.

And, you're dead on when you mention the price being outrageous. Didn't he, like, retail for half a grand? Even if the idol was plated in real gold, that would be too high a price point.

Murderofcrows71 said:
Seeing how the Indiana Jones movies are my favorite films of all time, I'd be buying any figure in the line.
Indiana Jones (Raiders)
Indiana Jones (Temple)
Indiana Jones (Crusade){any fan can tell you there are differences between the clthes and gear in all three film}
Professor Indiana Jones (college teacher)
Tuxedo Indiana Jones
Dr. Henry Jones (Connery){likeness issues like the Highlander line?}
Sallah
Marcus Brody
Marion Ravenwood (Raven bar outfit)
Marion Ravenwood (Well of Souls outfit)
Toht
Belloq (safari outfit)
Belloq (desert outfit)
Short Round
Willie Scott
Willie Scott (sequin dress)
Mola Ram
Chattar Lau
Knight of the Last Crusade
Ilsa
German disguise Indiana
German Mechanic
just a few off the top of my head, not to mention the environment displays for the Ark (Well of Souls, the Idol temple, Temple of Doom, Grail room)

Don't forget about Col. Dietrich?

gdb said:
And, you're dead on when you mention the price being outrageous. Didn't he, like, retail for half a grand? Even if the idol was plated in real gold, that would be too high a price point.

I think the McCoy Indy started at around $300 -- at least that's what it was when I went to a collectibles store in 2000. And I scoffed at that price then. Ended up getting one from a friend as a B-Day gift years later. I have no idea what they go for now...but its probably a good time to unload it before Indy 4 and the inevitable SS 1/6th Indy.

Wor-Gar said:
I think the McCoy Indy started at around $300 -- at least that's what it was when I went to a collectibles store in 2000. And I scoffed at that price then. Ended up getting one from a friend as a B-Day gift years later. I have no idea what they go for now...but its probably a good time to unload it before Indy 4 and the inevitable SS 1/6th Indy.

You're right Wor-Gar! I did some research and the SRP was $349! So $300 would have been a bargain in 2000.

FYI, the last one to sell on eBay went for $629.99 + $37 shipping. The three on eBay now are in the $750 to $950 range.

gdb said:
You're right Wor-Gar! I did some research and the SRP was $349! So $300 would have been a bargain in 2000.

FYI, the last one to sell on eBay went for $629.99 + $37 shipping. The three on eBay now are in the $750 to $950 range.

That's just insane. As it was a gift, I feel I should keep it -- plus its Indy after all.

Considering there's only 3,000 McCoys made, it amazes me that there's always one or two on eBay. Doesn't anyone keep these guys?

I wonder just how much those prices will drop when SS makes their Indy 12"?

Yeah, its pretty crazy to think of a him being 64 and playing Indy... but I have faith in the man! Lets just hope this thing gets done!

Back