Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indy shot first!
Indy shot!
!
6ng8vy.gif

Last edited:
I love the two idiots with their lightsabers in the audience. If only I had the power of lightning.

I would also super charge Williams a bit too. He's gotten old and slow. It happened to Mancini too. The pep has evaporated. Happens to all of us. Sadly.

No it’s not
Without in the slightest being musically learned and without knowing anything about the movie context and the character of Helena I thought it was pleasant - if not exactly hummable. With rare exception he ran out of hummable melodies in the early 2000s IMO.

I love the two idiots with their lightsabers in the audience. If only I had the power of lightning.

I would also super charge Williams a bit too. He's gotten old and slow. It happened to Mancini too. The pep has evaporated. Happens to all of us. Sadly.
Don’t agree

Without in the slightest being musically learned and without knowing anything about the movie context and the character of Helena I thought it was pleasant - if not exactly hummable. With rare exception he ran out of hummable melodies in the early 2000s IMO.
That’s mainly because he hasn’t written many scores since about 2003. The Rey and Kylo Ren themes are terrific.

For the most part you are correct but I do love the Rey and Kylo themes.

Plus the dude is over 90!! Cut him some slack. He is a beacon of positivity and pep.

He's a God to me, so of course I do. I've been listening and affected by his music since Lost in Space. Been collecting his soundtracks since Poseidon Adventure. But I'm just being honest -- his tempo has slowed; the energy he used to infuse into many of his action cues just doesn't have the same punch. Even within the 80's -- the Truck Chase just bounces all over the walls, while 8 years later the Tank Chase has too much melody to it for the scene. He also got a bit too into Marches and liked to create music that was easy to play with his Boston Pops. That tended to carry over into his music over time.

Last edited:
He's a God to me, so of course I do. But I'm just being honest -- his tempo has slowed; the energy he used to infuse into many of his action cues just doesn't have the same punch. Even within the 80's -- the Truck Chase just bounces all over the walls, while 8 years later the Tank Chase has too much melody to it for the scene. He also got a bit too into Marches and liked to create music that was easy to play with his Boston Pops. That tended to carry over into his music over time.
Agree, don’t agree. He’s gone through different phases. I love the jazzy music he did for Catch Me If You Can and Tintin for example.

Agree, don’t agree. He’s gone through different phases. I love the jazzy music he did for Catch Me If You Can and Tintin for example.

So do I. Heavily influenced by his time with Henry Mancini (and a bit of a tribute). And yes, all musicians (people) go through phases -- was talking about tempo, not style.

Back