Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on guys they're doing this for us old diehards we should be happy that they're doing this at least.
-Jim G.G

Either he has a skin condition or there are also dots on his face. They are going to de-age Ford for this sequence.
You're right, he's got a bunch of dots on his face and white dots on his shirt collar too. We're getting a de aged Indy in full costume. The good news, we might get young Indy merchandise. The bad news, everything else.

Bill Hunt says that Indy 1-3 were basically "Despecialized Editions" for the 4K release, meaning they actually did recomposite the opticals for the first three films to make them integrate more seamlessly with on-location footage and to remove all matte lines. I'm actually totally fine with those types of "enhancements" and wish that that's all George ever did to the OT.

Everything for Raiders/Temple/Crusade is native 4K.

KOTCS looks the worst because so much of it is upscaled 2K CGI, lol.

Been around long enough to know when something is a mistake.

2008 was a mistake. Its now 2021. I want Indiana Jones to be the young, rugged action hero that I enjoyed in my youth. I have no interest in watching an old man relive his glory days for a large paycheck. If you think this is anything other than that, well that's just naive.

Been around long enough to know when something is a mistake.

2008 was a mistake. Its now 2021. I want Indiana Jones to be the young, rugged action hero that I enjoyed in my youth. I have no interest in watching an old man relive his glory days for a large paycheck. If you think this is anything other than that, well that's just naive.
Yeah, he did well enough as old Han and Deckard, neither of which required major stuntwork or hand to hand fighting even in the earlier films but Indy has always been about running, jumping, punching and the like.

For decades I've felt that the gold standard for an aging actor returning to his roots was Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven and yet he was still only *62* in that film, not 78!

Back