Indiana jones 5-6 :@)?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well not heard Spielberg being called a idiot before you ok?

Also to carry on what I said the actor that did take it on must be loved by millions like Harrison is, would you want someone thats not well liked? No that would be very bad...

People blame Lucas far too much for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull's failings.

https://maddogmovies.com/almost/scripts/raidersstoryconference1978.pdf

Reading through this it's clear that Lucas had all the good ideas for the early Indy films and Spielberg was/is a complete idiot who wants things like aliens and whip jokes.

I didn't read the article (might do that later), but wasn't it George who wanted and Indy and the Martians movie as late back as the 90s? I'm not sure I buy it all being down to Spielberg. :huh

I didn't read the article (might do that later), but wasn't it George who wanted and Indy and the Martians movie as late back as the 90s? I'm not sure I buy it all being down to Spielberg. :huh

I don't know about the 90s, but I think George's original idea for Last Crusade was to have Indiana Jones in a haunted castle. With ghosts and stuff. I guess Martians weren't that much of a stretch for him after that.

I wonder why they never went down the route of Nazi's who'd escaped Germany and had set up a 4th Reich in the jungles of South America, with any proof that Hitler died at the Chancellery in May 1945 being strongly refuted now more than ever a rejuvenated Fuhrer would've been a great villain. Spielberg and Lucas really missed the ball and could've and should've not stalled for the best part of two decades whilst Ford and even Connery were available and relatively fit and athletic.

I wonder why they never went down the route of Nazi's who'd escaped Germany and had set up a 4th Reich in the jungles of South America, with any proof that Hitler died at the Chancellery in May 1945 being strongly refuted now more than ever a rejuvenated Fuhrer would've been a great villain. Spielberg and Lucas really missed the ball and could've and should've not stalled for the best part of two decades whilst Ford and even Connery were available and relatively fit and athletic.

Spielberg has said that after making Schindler's List, he didn't want any more Nazi villains for Indiana Jones. I guess stuff got really real and he couldn't make the Nazis evil enough after that.

Spielberg has said that after making Schindler's List, he didn't want any more Nazi villains for Indiana Jones. I guess stuff got really real and he couldn't make the Nazis evil enough after that.

It wasn't just Schindler, he also did Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers. If I remember right he was concerned that going back to portraying Nazi's as comic book villains would be disrespectful to Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan, but then he wasn't going to do extra terrestrial films after CE3K and ET. Lucas talked him into using an alien time traveller McGuffin anyway.

It wasn't just Schindler, he also did Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers. If I remember right he was concerned that going back to portraying Nazi's as comic book villains would be disrespectful to Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan, but then he wasn't going to do extra terrestrial films after CE3K and ET. Lucas talked him into using an alien time traveller McGuffin anyway.

Yeah, I seem to recall reading that Spielberg was initially resistant to the Alien aspect being incorporated into Indiana Jones, but Lucas insisted so in order to move ahead with the project, he gave in.

The Alien aspect never bothered me about Crystal Skull, what bothered me was how boring the film was. Far too much exposition, John Hurt wasted on an inane rambling character, crap CGI action, Marion finding everything hilarious etc etc.

The Alien aspect never bothered me about Crystal Skull, what bothered me was how boring the film was. Far too much exposition, John Hurt wasted on an inane rambling character, crap CGI action, Marion finding everything hilarious etc etc.

Yeah what was with Hurt's character? Comedy relief? A joke? It was far too much for so little purpose. Misfire indeed

Marion was totally misused in KotCS, its like she's a totally different person from Marion in RotLA. In Raiders she's ballsy and a real tomboy who'll punch first and ask questions later and that's before Indy brought out the worst in her...in Crystal Skull she's mumsy and jolly and just not that interesting. When it was first announced that Karen Allen would be returning and Cate Blanchett would be the main villain I thought great we are going to see one of the best catfights ever, where neither will back down and it probably be over Indy....what did we get? A silly sword fight between Spalko and Mutt that has most viewers yawning.:slap

Always thought the most interesting part of indys life was the 40's and if the ball was kept rolling, and the momentum stayed we could have had two more sequels in the 40's around the late 90's.

Agreed.

Back