Increased Sideshow Shipping Rates for Canadians!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canadaclone

Outstanding Сasual Dating - Legitimate Girls
Reaction score
As if the price of this hobby isn't going up enough with the cost of the figures, now Sideshow shiping rates have gone up! Instead of $25.00 flat rate on most new things, now it only applies on a few new Hot Toys pre-orders.

Just got my Major Bludd invoice and the new rates for a single figure is $36.39! Up $11.39!

I just figured out how to get the $10 Fed Ex brokerage charge to go away...and the total cost goes up more!

Getting harder and harder to stay in this game for exclusives, the cost is now even lower from Canadian suppliers like Toys 2 and Urbansamuraihobbies.

That's nothing mate. Try getting things shipped to Australia. $25 is minimum. Yoda was estimated at $40. Don't even get me started with statues. ..lol.

Could be FedEx pulling the levers on the increase, in which case we'll probably see an increase across the board. Sideshow's discount shipping to Oz has made the higher MSRP worth it in a lot of cases.

Also, Australians don't get taxed on items valued under $1000. But I wouldn't put it past the new government to lower that substantially.

I also came into this thread to complain Australian's have it worse. Looks like that's already well covered.

It's what you're used to. If our own $1000 tax-free threshold is lowered there'll be a whole lot of whinging Aussies who won't feel any better about it when a European tries to tell us they've been raped by import duties for years. Except for the Belgians :lol

As if the price of this hobby isn't going up enough with the cost of the figures, now Sideshow shiping rates have gone up! Instead of $25.00 flat rate on most new things, now it only applies on a few new Hot Toys pre-orders.

Just got my Major Bludd invoice and the new rates for a single figure is $36.39! Up $11.39!

I just figured out how to get the $10 Fed Ex brokerage charge to go away...and the total cost goes up more!

Getting harder and harder to stay in this game for exclusives, the cost is now even lower from Canadian suppliers like Toys 2 and Urbansamuraihobbies.

A bit off topic, how much tax do you get charged when you receive your stuff? i'm hesitant to buy anything from outside Canada as we usually get raped by the custom fees/taxes

A bit off topic, how much tax do you get charged when you receive your stuff? i'm hesitant to buy anything from outside Canada as we usually get raped by the custom fees/taxes

Since it is usually only 1/6 figures...it is 13%. Depending on the carrier they then add their own brokerage fee...which is a flat $10 in most cases, alomst worse that taxes.

That's nothing mate. Try getting things shipped to Australia. $25 is minimum. Yoda was estimated at $40. Don't even get me started with statues. ..lol.

Actually the Canadian shipping rate for 1 figure is now $36.39 from Sideshow, it was $25 and has gone up to $36.39. It is just as bad for us...and then you add taxes / customs and the brokerage fee from the carrier.

If you want an exclusive version of a figure - that part will now cost $51. So good news for Canadian online stores, but no more exclusives if we want to save money.

The other day, i had to paid $100+ to ship a normal sideshow piece within Australia.
I asked my friend in US, he told me its only cost him $20 to ship that statue within US.

Shipping here are just don't make sense anymore.

And they are talking about raising it again soon..........

Some might not be as close to the boarder as you are :S

I honestly gave up with SS, i got a lot of points there just waiting to be used but guess i'll only do so with a really really good SS ex.

Other than that, BBTS for me..m and they ain't cheap either!

Dissapointing, that 25$ flat shipping has helped me order a lot of sc over the years, if it's gone up, it justmeans i have to plan my purchases more carefully. Still, not as bad as adding another 40% to all my prices before shipping, that really hurt when i started collecting sc.

Back