InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just have to ask, and it’s definitely too late to say something in regards to this but does anyone else feel like the eyes are too light? I guess it comes down to whether we should want screen accuracy or prop/BTS accuracy?

Pattinson’s eyes are blue no doubt but they’re not as bright in the film and Pattinson using his eyes to emote was a real important and defining aspect of the portrayal.

318D90F6-07AD-4FE7-B039-2A4B39572803.jpeg

Just have to ask, and it’s definitely too late to say something in regards to this but does anyone else feel like the eyes are too light? I guess it comes down to whether we should want screen accuracy or prop/BTS accuracy?

Pattinson’s eyes are blue no doubt but they’re not as bright in the film and Pattinson using his eyes to emote was a real important and defining aspect of the portrayal.

View attachment 669447
This is like comparing apples to lasagna - the lightening and color grade makes all the difference between 2 completely different photos like this

This is like comparing apples to lasagna - the lightening and color grade makes all the difference between 2 completely different photos like this
I understand that. I intentionally chose the darkest lit photo of the Batman figure at Wonder Festival and they’re still pretty bright.

The Batman figure on display at the China Joy event seemed to have had darker eyes. If you look even father back on previous prototypes, the eyes weren’t as light. To me, it seems like they have revised it to have lighter blue eyes, which is what prompted me to ask the question.

I understand that. I intentionally chose the darkest lit photo of the Batman figure at Wonder Festival and they’re still pretty bright.

The Batman figure on display at the China Joy event seemed to have had darker eyes. If you look even father back on previous prototypes, the eyes weren’t as light. To me, it seems like they have revised it to have lighter blue eyes, which is what prompted me to ask the question.
I agree, the darker film grade is accurate to Pattinson. The lighter shade doesn’t make him as intimidating.

View attachment 669479
Please excuse the very quick and dirty edit, but I think it is fine. The picture of the figure is lit from from the front so the eyes are not shadowed like the movie shot, but I would say they are close enough to not worry about it too much.
It’s not the filter that would save this from becoming like the picture, it’s the contrast. Having darker iris automatically would make the sclera seem lighter. Right now the gray shade is competing with the white part of the eye which isn’t as strong as the left reference. (or majority of the movie)

This makes the overall eyes either too light, or too dark. The contrast is lacking.

IMG_9628.jpeg

Last edited:
I kind of enjoy posts that challenge or critique details I might not have previously noticed. Even if some come off as OCD bickering. Whether something is a slight inaccuracy from the source material or just a possible change from something we’ve been shown before, it’s usually interesting, and sometimes fun, to re-examine how something looks and dissect a bit why it might be considered imperfect to anyone.

At the very least, posts like these allow you to observe something in quite literally a different light lol

Quite literally a night and day difference. He looks so much more intimidating and accurate..
FE96A095-5019-4C30-BEE8-692446077607.jpeg

Yep… not sure why they upped the brightness of the eyes. It didn’t use to be that way before.

It’s a bit disappointing. I only plan to have it displayed with the cowl, and now it’s not as “perfect” as I had been anticipating this whole time.

View attachment 669627
Yep… not sure why they upped the brightness of the eyes. It didn’t use to be that way before.

It’s a bit disappointing. I only plan to have it displayed with the cowl, and now it’s not as “perfect” as I had been anticipating this whole time.
I think they went more in the direction of his real eye color. Not sure if he wore contacts in the movie.

Also the pupils are pretty small now, which highlights the blue. I don‘t like it either. Batman is a night creature his pupils should be bigger, cause he is always working in the dark. 😜

View attachment 669627

I think they went more in the direction of his real eye color. Not sure if he wore contacts in the movie.

Also the pupils are pretty small now, which highlights the blue. I don‘t like it either. Batman is a night creature his pupils should be bigger, cause he is always working in the dark. 😜
They really need to push the prototype back to this version. No one was complaining towards this yet they made it worse.

Back