InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How has the gandalf figure been handling the magnetic base? I love the idea of a magnetic base and no crotch grabber it makes the figures look so much more elegant. It's not rocket science to improve the joker base. Make the magnets stronger and go over more of the base. I have faith these changes will be implemented in future figures- aka this one

That’s a good idea although you can only leave the figure in a specific pose.
That's nearly how it is now given you have to find the right placement for the magnets to keep it stable.

Otherwise you end up with this as previously posted:

Crotch grabbers have been the standard since forever for a reason. If you're going to make a textured base then you need that support to keep the figure safe, even if it does slip back or forward a crotch grabber will prevent gravity from winning. The figure would be safer just standing on a flat surface than the base and at that point you have to ask yourself if the trade-off is worth it, no wonder they are reconsidering this approach.
I just ordered Aragorn. I really like that little diorama. I don't know wtf I'm going to do when I set him up but I know I can't take any chances with those magnets. Just a shame. Pure ignorance really...

All the jokes of cancelling and reordering to cancel aside - is there even anywhere (reliable) where you have a chance of ordering The Batman now?

I recently got the Nosferatu figure from KP with a magnetic base. It was my first, and I love it. So fun to pose. The joints in the legs need to be stiffer than usual though, especially the ankles. I think some figures lend themselves to this type of base and others don't.

I feel I got very lucky with my Joker base. The quality and strength of the magnets InArt used must vary a lot. Over six months and mine hasn't come close to falling. I've even experimented by putting a towel in front and had him with a forward lean, just to see where the limit is, but he still doesn't fall.

My Bella Lugosi Dracula is rock solid on his magnetic base to.

Still, it would make sense for InArt to include an optional crotch grabber for those that wish to use one.

I don’t understand the people hating on the Bruce Wayne. This looks phenomenal, I’m going to just style mine with the forehead showing more. The hair looks great as well.

People in the Wonderfest didn’t futz it correctly but I imagine it will look good in hand.
2B6E474C-E57A-48DA-8551-F0A2565E9814.jpeg

Back