InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never bought an InArt figure before. What do they use to stabilize the figure when it is on the stand? crotch grabber? waist clamp?

shia-labeouf-magic.gif

Just messing with you. I think the feet are magnetized.

I really like how the inart figure looks in these promo pics but it is their first 1/6 scale so I don’t think it’s wrong to be apprehensive. From what I’ve read that isn’t even the actual body that is being produced for the figure, correct? It’s just a maquette place holder. So, we really can’t say if the proportions look good or not. There could be all kinds of differences between the maquette proportions and the actual articulated body just so it will pose decently. Also, while the costume looks great we don’t know if they will have to make any changes to it also so that the figure can be posed once inside the suit. This figure might blow the Hot Toys one away once it’s released but until we see pics of a TRUE preproduction sample there is no way to know.

As good as this figure looks, and as much as I enjoyed this movie, I don't think I can drop $500 on a suit that's going to get trumped in the next film.

I really wish InArt would take a real "movie masterpiece" approach to their figures. $500 T-800? Sure. $500 Paul Atreides? Not so much. Let's give the film classics a real premium treatment. Put some distance between the source material, so we can really determine how much we really want this stuff.

Yeah I've been slowly getting more into statues and busts as well as they just have so much more presence in a collection than a bunch of 12 inch figures that all sort of blend together after awhile. But don't think I'm ready to quit 1/6 yet either...
Yeah, initially when I decided to go statues, I was gonna go guns blazing and sell all 1/6.
When I told friends and family that I’m selling all 1/6, they’re like…are you sure?!!
But then, I started to actually get depressed thinking about it, cause there’s quite a few that have some sentimental value. Also some that are not available in statue form. So a lot end up back in the detolf. But I have less than half of what I have now.
So, since I still have quite a few 1/6, I can add this to the collection.
I’ll probably end up preordering it in a couple of days. Lol
This figure is just too good to pass.

I really like how the inart figure looks in these promo pics but it is their first 1/6 scale so I don’t think it’s wrong to be apprehensive.
Just for clarification, this figure of The Batman isn’t their first 1/6 scale figure. TDK Joker was their first, followed by Gandalf and Pennywise with this Batman being their 4th.

But I do agree with you, there’s nothing wrong with being a little apprehensive or skeptical, no matter how good it looks.

Last edited:
I really like how the inart figure looks in these promo pics but it is their first 1/6 scale so I don’t think it’s wrong to be apprehensive. From what I’ve read that isn’t even the actual body that is being produced for the figure, correct? It’s just a maquette place holder. So, we really can’t say if the proportions look good or not. There could be all kinds of differences between the maquette proportions and the actual articulated body just so it will pose decently. Also, while the costume looks great we don’t know if they will have to make any changes to it also so that the figure can be posed once inside the suit. This figure might blow the Hot Toys one away once it’s released but until we see pics of a TRUE preproduction sample there is no way to know.
I don't think the maquette things is true just hearsay to make it seem like InArt didn't have it ready. They posted their video that shows it is indeed articulated. Though I imagine the body is still a stand in and once we get the final product it will be better and proportions will be accurate as it is now.

Just for clarification, this figure of The Batman isn’t their first 1/6 scale figure. TDK Joker was their first, followed by Gandalf with this Batman being their 3rd.

But I do agree with you, there’s nothing wrong with being a little apprehensive or skeptical, no matter how good it looks.
I think Pennywise is feeling forgotten and left out.

I don't think the maquette things is true just hearsay to make it seem like InArt didn't have it ready. They posted their video that shows it is indeed articulated. Though I imagine the body is still a stand in and once we get the final product it will be better and proportions will be accurate as it is now.
Oh, cool. Where can I see the video?

I did 😁. Now debating on 3rd inart Batman from giantoy.
I’m not gonna tell somebody how to spend their money, but if you got the dough for 3 Batmans, you got the dough to send one of those MFs off to a really good customizer to have him rain drenched. That’s what I’d do. The texture on that cowl’s too damn good not to get some clear sealer on there and little droplets; put a few dark washes over that suit, and make that ***** sing like he walked off the set of the movie. *Chef’s kiss* Perfeito.

I’m purely suggesting this so that somebody actually goes through with it and I can eye **** their collection and wish it was mine.:lol

That's all our fates.

I've got 7 POs as of right now. I made a list and I'm theoretically interested in another 15 figures from the 2022-2023 period, barring any surprises. And I cut off a few, keep in mind. Obviously I can't sustain that, considering 2024 will be just as packed. 2025 is going to kill me. By the time the X-Men will come along it'll be 2026 at the earliest. This hobby is time and money consuming. It's nuts. Either you're a lucky sod interested in some one offs and are really big into a single licence, or you're constantly fighting an uphill battle. You get in thinking that you'll just get your favourites, but then you start amassing enough for a group here, a group there, something new comes along, a cool costume, a surprise figure, and before you know it you're sucked in.
I think you're externalizing it too much. That you're "lucky" if you only want select items. You left out a third and I think much more common option: You actually are into dozens of licenses that you enjoy or even love, but you choose not to buy stuff from everything.
At the end of the day, it comes down to discipline and will-power, whether you actually order all these figures, or can appreciate them from afar without giving into the urge to own them.

If you actually want them, have the space for them and can comfortably afford them, there's nothing wrong with getting a lot of course. But based on your posts, I always get a sense that you're not actually (much) happier ordering most of these. As you call it an uphill "battle", where you want to come out as a victor (see what I did there).

Instead I would suggest to look at it from another perspective: try to see and accept that in life you have to make choices and say no to things you want, because we are not infinite. That is not an "annoying" part of life that should bring you constant distress, it simply is. If you can slowly learn to accept that, you can be much happier with the choices you do make and options you say yes to.

I think you're externalizing it too much. That you're "lucky" if you only want select items. You left out a third and I think much more common option: You actually are into dozens of licenses that you enjoy or even love, but you choose not to buy stuff from everything.
At the end of the day, it comes down to discipline and will-power, whether you actually order all these figures, or can appreciate them from afar without giving into the urge to own them.

If you actually want them, have the space for them and can comfortably afford them, there's nothing wrong with getting a lot of course. But based on your posts, I always get a sense that you're not actually (much) happier ordering most of these. As you call it an uphill "battle", where you want to come out as a victor (see what I did there).

Instead I would suggest to look at it from another perspective: try to see and accept that in life you have to make choices and say no to things you want, because we are not infinite. That is not an "annoying" part of life that should bring you constant distress, it simply is. If you can slowly learn to accept that, you can be much happier with the choices you do make and options you say yes to.
This is where I’m at. Honestly, as much as I adore The Batman and the characters, I don’t even know that I’d necessarily want Riddler or Oz or Gordon or Catwoman. Ledger gets a pass because he was Heath ******* Ledger and you can’t have a Joker without a Batman figure to represent a Batman movie, but I feel like Reeves’ film was 1000% Pattinson’s. I’m dying to see what they do with Joaquin, but after that? I’ll be tapping out unless they start diving heavy into the classics. Give me an InArt Reeve, Keaton, or Indiana Jones and I’ll come out of my early retirement. :lol

As good as this figure looks, and as much as I enjoyed this movie, I don't think I can drop $500 on a suit that's going to get trumped in the next film.

I really wish InArt would take a real "movie masterpiece" approach to their figures. $500 T-800? Sure. $500 Paul Atreides? Not so much. Let's give the film classics a real premium treatment. Put some distance between the source material, so we can really determine how much we really want this stuff.
How can you possibly know that you’ll like the next suit better? So far, to me, this is the best Batsuit ever designed and I can’t wait to have a figure of it.

You can always sell it and buy the next one instead.

Back