InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh, I'm loving how it looks.. No complaints about the sculpt size here. May not be perfect, but it's not bothering me. Looks great.
20240420_151631.jpg

And to think I had the slightest inclination to cancel this.. I can be a ******* moron sometimes 😅

Last edited:

Damn the HT cowl just looks goofy now.

View attachment 698897

Justin's lighting is so bad

It's not just that Justin uses lights that are too heavy, it's that he also lights everything from below as well.
Do you want a person to look absolutely terrible on film or video? Light them from below.
This is why people use reflectors; they allow you to lighten up the shadows on a person's face, without blowing out all the details.
IDK if it's how he lights the figures or that combined with the stark white background, but he's managed to make the HT cowl look way more bulbous than mine looks in hand. It doesn't even register as bulbous without the InArt next to it. It's not on par with the InArt version but it's still quite good.
I prefer the expression on InArt's neutral faceplate and as others have pointed out their paint apps on the faceplates are clearly superior. The other area where InArt is vastly superior is their design for the neck and head connectors. Theirs is much more robust than HT's.

Going by Jedha's video, not too sure how to feel about this. Seems to have dropped off quality from the prototype a fair bit, not as much as their Joker did, though. The helmet sculpt looks pretty off, the overall face looks flat and wide, the unmasked sculpt is looking pretty good, definitely would not display it with the helmet.

Doesn't seem to have the overall body weight that the proto is showing, but may just be how it's been posed. Looks like they did make his frame bigger which is a good job from them. Overall not blown away but looking pretty solid with the unmasked sculpt on and rooted hair, that will be the display. The masked sculpt is completely lacking, they dropped the ball on that in my opinion.

Going by Jedha's video, not too sure how to feel about this. Seems to have dropped off quality from the prototype a fair bit, not as much as their Joker did, though. The helmet sculpt looks pretty off, the overall face looks flat and wide, the unmasked sculpt is looking pretty good, definitely would not display it with the helmet.

Doesn't seem to have the overall body weight that the proto is showing, but may just be how it's been posed. Looks like they did make his frame bigger which is a good job from them. Overall not blown away but looking pretty solid with the unmasked sculpt on and rooted hair, that will be the display. The masked sculpt is completely lacking, they dropped the ball on that in my opinion.
Joker proto and final looked similar in Justin’s video though. Nothing changed from the proto. Only the usual smoothening was visible

Joker proto and final looked similar in Justin’s video though. Nothing changed from the proto. Only the usual smoothening was visible

No idea, I don't watch his videos, everything ends up looking bad in them, it's the most unnatural and unflattering lighting. Jedha's videos are the best from any reviewer to watch in that regard. A lot has changed from the prototype, look at the updates Inart have provided for this figure, it is not the same as the prototype.

The best change they've made is definitely his frame, though - I also get the feeling the way the prototype is posed can actually be achieved, just Jedha did not handle the body that same way. But the masked sculpt for me looks pretty naff, I'll see how it is in-hand, am sure I'll really like it then.

Last edited:
I'm glad @Jedha Patrol addressed the base issue. It's not a solution. We need an interchangeable acryllic pole and crotch grabber. Whether for extra support, or peace of mind, or more dynamic posing..

It's really simple, and much more practical than what they're currently working with.

By the way.. I've had earthquakes before. I'm never trusting my rooted sculpt on a magnetic base.

I don't get why they're so stubborn about it. You can make it subtle. Just like any aspect about a figure, it just needs some careful attention, futzing, etc.. and it's going to look great on a shelf.

Besides.. they did it with Superman.

I am afraid I agree with you... Waiting though for both to see in person.
Yes, definitely do that. "Better in hand" is a real thing at least for me. I see where a lot of times that figure photography doesn't capture these things properly. It happens to me with my customs, where the torso-and-up of the figure looks bigger than the legs, giving off that Paul Dini Justice League effect. Seems to happen with camera pics but not video (as much). Must have something to do with aspect ratio.

Won't be able to watch those reviews until tonight. For those that have watched are Justin and Jedha generally positive about the figure and how it compares to the HT version?

Won't be able to watch those reviews until tonight. For those that have watched are Justin and Jedha generally positive about the figure and how it compares to the HT version?
Justin says it's better. Jedha says it's the best Batman figure he's reviewed. But that's not saying anything we couldn't tell by ourselves, lol

Back